Author Topic: Wonderful world of back pain....  (Read 5701 times)

Offline Awaz

• Arena
Wonderful world of back pain....
« on: May 15, 2013, 12:52:59 PM »
So, I got this nagging annoying back pain for over a month. It is by my left shoulder blade. It does not hurt when I am sitting, sleeping, jogging, lifting weight, or doing anything that requires strength. But if I am just standing or walking slow or just doing mundane stuff with my arms hanging down, it just KILLS me !! Been popping asprin for a while and doing cold compress. But nothing seems to cure this darn thing. Massage feels REAL good...relieves the pain for a bit. I am thinking I did a number one of the muscle group. Any ideas, help, suggestion on alleviating the pain?
2016 Ducati Scrambler
2008 C14

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
Re: Wonderful world of back pain....
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2013, 01:00:01 PM »
Perhaps seek medical attention from an expert? 

But then again, this is the internetz, everyone is an expert

In all seriousness, hope you get some help with that
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Conrad

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2013, 03:01:02 PM »
What Steve said...

Ibuprofen (Motrin) normally works better for this type of pain than aspirin does.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2013, 04:35:44 PM »
See your Doc. Physical therapy is what they start everyone out on first. For most, it works, it takes time though, you aren't going to fix muscles, if that's what it is, in a few days. For me, it was a round of meds and rest as I was reinjuring it every time I worked. Good luck, it happens to a lot of folks, you aren't alone. Don't suffer for weeks taking OTC stuff and toughing through it, it may be something else. See your Doc.
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2013, 05:18:59 PM »
My Chiropractor did wonders for my neck and back, was actually quite amazing.
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Son of Pappy

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2013, 05:24:42 PM »
The best advice will come from your DR.  Anything I may add would only relate to me.  I sure wish I could get my back fixed.  Surgeon, in the report written, bluntly said there was nothing else surgery could fix.  He offered more meds.  No thanks I said, I reckon I will just learn to deal with it, which I am still struggling with.  Best therapy?  Activity in moderation, inactivity hurts worse.

Best of luck,

Offline Snibbor

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2013, 06:50:45 PM »
The best advice will come from your DR.  Anything I may add would only relate to me.  I sure wish I could get my back fixed.  Surgeon, in the report written, bluntly said there was nothing else surgery could fix.  He offered more meds.  No thanks I said, I reckon I will just learn to deal with it, which I am still struggling with.  Best therapy? Activity in moderation, inactivity hurts worse.
Best of luck,

Amen to that.  I've had back and neck pain all my life.  Well, started in 8th grade.  After numerous Dr visits, a ortho surgeon told me in high school I was "put together wrong" and there was nothing to be done.  Drugs don't help so I never take anything.  Movement helps, that's the only things I've found that works.

Offline Gsun

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2013, 09:12:55 PM »
Try a chiropractor and have him adjust your neck. Probably be pain free in a few days. I get pain near the shoulder blades and it is my neck that is out.

Offline timsatx

• Arena
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2013, 07:47:18 AM »
Also try Aleeve (Naproxim Sodium sp?). It works good for the pain and inflamation and last 12 hrs mas o menos. Another thing to go try is Airrosti (if  they have that near you).

Offline Conrad

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2013, 08:28:00 AM »
Forget the drugs, maybe you just need a nice massage?    ;)

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Son of Pappy

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2013, 08:29:09 AM »
Maybe you just need a nice massage?    ;)

That hurts my back just looking at it :o

Offline Conrad

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2013, 08:35:30 AM »
That hurts my back just looking at it :o

I feel the pain elsewhere...

Offline Pokey

• Arena
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2013, 09:16:43 AM »
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Son of Pappy

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2013, 10:53:41 AM »
I feel the pain elsewhere...
Then you are doing it wrong.  Kinda like drinking wine, if it hurts, do it differantly ;)

Offline Awaz

• Arena
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2013, 12:24:00 PM »
Yeah - thinking of going to Chiropractor. I hate it that most just try to milk you for money...visit after visit after visit...sheesh.
2016 Ducati Scrambler
2008 C14

Offline Pokey

• Arena
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2013, 01:42:29 PM »
Then you are doing it wrong.  Kinda like drinking wine, if it hurts, do it differantly ;)

I caught that reference there buddy!!!
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

Son of Pappy

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2013, 06:09:26 PM »
 :o :o

Offline Gsun

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2013, 09:11:10 PM »
Yeah - thinking of going to Chiropractor. I hate it that most just try to milk you for money...visit after visit after visit...sheesh.
If you don't get results after maybe two visits, it isn't going to help or he's doing it wrong. Should feel better (maybe not great) after one visit. That is when the pain of the adjustment is gone!

Offline Cholla

• Arena
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2013, 07:37:43 AM »
You cannot expect to be cured in 1 or 2 visits if you have had the problem a long time. Relief, yes. Muscles tend to get into a position and want to stay that way. They have to be retrained to the new position so they don't pull things back to the wrong position.
Be careful with products like Aleve (naproxin sodium). They are hard on the kidney and should not be taken for longer than 30 days. Don't take any for at least 30 days. Standard dosage is 220 mg but have been prescribed 1000 mg when I. Had herniated discs.
Beware the Black Widows...Feared throughout the land!

Son of Pappy

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2013, 09:55:03 AM »
Deep tissue massage.  Drink lots of water followiing massage....It can be painfull but the release is unreal.