Author Topic: 2008 Concours 14 ABS. Don't let the mileage scare you! haha!  (Read 991 times)

Offline charles r

2008 Concours 14 ABS. Don't let the mileage scare you! haha!
« on: September 05, 2020, 03:33:14 PM »
Some of you may recall that I was one of the high milers back in the day. Sadly, as a friend put it, I "got off the bike one day, and never got back on". That day was back in July, 2011. (No accident or anything. Just a change in lifestyle) I really should have sold the bike years ago, but I always thought I'd get back on. I realize that's just not going to happen. Hopefully, this will go to someone who will ride the crud out of it. It's really what the bike deserves.

I'm asking $2500/obo
Currently titled in Oregon, but located in San Jose California. (South San Francisco Bay Area)
Email; c_roberts_ at hotmail.com

120,482 miles! :o
The first 100k was put on all before July, 2011. I've still continued to take it out about 2-3 times a year, and it's on a battery tender the rest of the time. (Even ran a 10.86 1/4-mile with 116k on the clock!) I have extensive service records. While the bike may be high mileage, I used to have a dealer perform all the services as per the Kawasaki service schedule. (I'm an automotive tech, and have seen some OEM's refuse warranty claims for "lapse of service". So I made sure that couldn't happen with this bike, 'cause I was riding the bejeebies out of it!) I've been doing the service myself for the last 10-12k miles.

Parked under carport for most of it's life. Been under an additional soft cover for 5-6 years, since I noticed some slight sun yellowing/cracking on a headlight.
Bike has scratches on right side from a couple drops, but has never been down at any speed.
Lower plastics, and the plastic around the radiator are cracked from hitting a tire carcass many years ago.

Has a Corbin heated seat with black leather covers + the OEM seat in very good condition
Has the tall accessory windscreen with a Laminar Lip + a cut down OEM short/original windscreen
Has an Autocom 'Active-PLUS' intercom system
Wired for battery tender
Wired for Gerbings heated gear

Front tire is a Pilot Power 2 that's hit the wear bars.
Rear tire is a Pilot Road 2 that's near the wear bars.
Both TPS sensors have dead batteries. The sensors are original, so a battery replacement should be possible as described in the forum.
Steering head bearings were replaced with the "All Balls" taper bearing set. (At about 60-70k miles)
The front bevel drive was replaced by Kawasaki around the same time. (Kawi did this just for inspection on several of us high milers)
The clutch slave cylinder was replaced about 5-6 years ago.

Overall, still a VERY solid and well serviced bike that just deserves to be ridden.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2020, 09:34:08 PM by charles r »

Offline charles r

Re: 2008 Concours 14. Don't let the mileage scare you! haha!
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2020, 03:36:23 PM »
more pics

Offline DC Concours

• Arena
  • 2001 Concours, ~35K miles
Re: 2008 Concours 14 ABS. Don't let the mileage scare you! haha!
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2020, 09:19:15 PM »
120,482 miles!

:yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

Miles are high but if after riding the bejeebies out of it, you took care of its service needs, this may still be a good starter track bike for someone, for the right price.

Offline Scaffolder

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2020, 08:00:53 AM »
I remember your posts from back then. Pretty impressive mileage you racked up back then. Hope all is well.  Good luck with sale. These abs ones are pretty hard to find.
Joel from Maine.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2020, 11:12:11 AM »
I remember that, I think you were the person with the second highest mileage on a C-14 that Kawasaki (US) could find. I was third highest with somewhere near 4X,000 miles as I remember. They grabbed my bevel gear set, my final drive (in its entirety) as well as the ECU for a study back in Japan as to how those high strain parts were wearing.

If I remember correctly, there was a gentleman local to the US Kawasaki, near San Diego I think, that had the highest mileage C-14 they could find.

<snip>

The front bevel drive was replaced by Kawasaki around the same time. (Kawi did this just for inspection on several of us high milers)

<snip>

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com