Author Topic: My turn.  (Read 2759 times)

Offline sq61708

• Arena
My turn.
« on: November 21, 2011, 01:33:43 PM »
I always heard that there are two kinds of motorcyclists: the ones that have fallen and the ones that are going to.
Well, I just changed camp saturday morning.
I was pulling into work around 5 a.m. and I guess that I wasn't awake yet cause I did what a lot of CDA's have done before me. 
I was turning on a slight incline and was stopping to back up into my parking spot when I gently applied the front brake instead of the back one. What had to happen happened. My still pristine 91 Connie started to lean a bit too much to the right and I tried to hold her back but couldn't. I fell over and got my foot pinned under.
I pulled out from under her and got her back up in about 10 seconds on the count of the adrenaline. Got her on the sidestand and proceeded to inspect the dammage. Right mirror turned in with a minor scratch, bigger rash on the right case but then I saw that my mid fairing had a 6 inches crack where the bottom of the air scoop attaches. Oh well, I can always fix that.
I went inside to take my gear off (ATGATT) and when I bent to untie my boots I felt a excruciating pain from the back of my right thigh.  I tought it was the sciatic nerve but couldn't do anything about it right then cause I had to stay at work so I just put ice on it and managed to get home later that day.
The next day after resting a bit  I looked in a mirror and saw a hematoma the size of a grapefruit on the back of my leg near the knee. I must of ripped a muscle or something so I now trying to get an appointement with a doctor to have it checked out. I can move my leg but some movements are just too painfull.
I guess my season is over for now.  >:(  Time to heal for the next one.

Offline Texas Concours14

Re: My turn.
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 02:29:21 PM »
Sorry to hear about the drop.  Unsolicited advice: don't waste any time going to see a doctor; if that is a blood clot in the back of your knee, part of it can break loose and cause a pulmonary embolism.  I don't mean to be an alarmist, but there is a health risk.
2010 C14 ABS