Author Topic: Simple intoduction...  (Read 3886 times)

Offline Pavement Tested

• 2012 Kawasaki Concours14
Simple intoduction...
« on: May 05, 2016, 12:11:06 AM »
Hello. Name's Sean. Located up in Washington State with hopes of relocating to the East coast within 2 years. Recently bought a slightly used 2012 Concours14 and decided that joining a forum specific to the bike was in order to gather info and knowledge.

I bought this bike because I have been loosely planning to do the 4 corners of the US ride next year when I take my terminal leave before retiring. I find my 2006 Triumph Sprint ST slightly ill suited for the task and wanted something a bit more comfortable, capable for carrying more, and a little more quiet (the Sprint is LOUD!) So here I am. I took step 1, getting the bike. On to route planning I guess...

A little about me, I first got on a motorcycle about 17 years ago and have not been without at least one type of bike since then. I've mostly been a sport-touring bike rider having owned a '98 CBR1100XX, 2 Gen 1 Hayabusas and a currently owning a Sprint ST; I have dabbled in the dirt a little on 2 and 4 wheels, and in recent years have taken up track riding. I ride almost every day that ends in a Y no matter the weather conditions. I do as much work on my bikes as possible which is everything except electronic fuel tuning. I will probably be asking lots and lots of questions about this bike because frankly, it scares me with all the electronics that are on it. Don't worry though, I'm good at the search function on most forums and will actually look for the answer to my question before I start new threads on topics that have been posted and reposted at nauseam.

Anyway, I look forward to interfacing with you here and maybe in real life. I hope to learn a lot and maybe even contribute to the community at some point.
I know some stuff, it probably doesn't apply here, but I know some stuff...

Offline Hooligan

• never assume, get the facts
Re: Simple intoduction...
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2016, 01:19:47 AM »
Welcome to the forum PT, hope you have many happy miles on your "new" Connie. You are most definitely in the right place if you are looking for info and "how to" on your bike.

Enjoy the loads of info on these boards...
It is what it is....If not, it must be something else.
2012 K1600GT
2009 ZX14

Offline kwakrider

• Black- 2009
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2016, 02:53:57 AM »
Welcome mate...enjoy!!  :)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2016, 04:09:47 AM »
Welcome!
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2016, 04:54:23 AM »
Welcome!

"terminal leave"?

I hope that this isn't as ominous as it sounds! 
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Eupher

• Arena
  • U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2016, 05:07:13 AM »
Welcome, PT.

And congratulations to your pending retirement from the military.

I retired 21 years ago and miss the camaraderie, but I'd be lying if I said I miss the BS. Best to you on your trip.
2012 C14 Arabian Candy Red
2003 Honda 919
1981 Suzuki 650E
1965 Honda S90

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2016, 06:54:58 AM »
Welcome to the forum!
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline Pavement Tested

• 2012 Kawasaki Concours14
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2016, 02:07:20 PM »
Thanks all for the warm welcome. I can tell that I'll be doing lots of reading for a while. Heck, it might even keep me busy until I depart on my trip!

The FAQ section has already been immensely helpful. Figured out the cold start rattle, a bit about the TPMS, looking at frame/body protection info, it's all here! I may never have to post again!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 10:05:54 PM by Pavement Tested »
I know some stuff, it probably doesn't apply here, but I know some stuff...

Offline SofaKingFast

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2016, 10:03:15 PM »
Welcome to the forum, Sean!  Washington has terrific roads to give your C14 a workout.  Try the highway 20 eastbound and highway 2 westbound North Cascades loop.  Explore Whidbey Island and the San Juans.  Chuckanut drive to Bellingham, then highway 542 to Mount Baker.  Highway 101 around the Olympics, highway 12 past Ranier.
Current bike 2016 C14, Gray
Previous bikes 2006 C10, 1977 KZ1000
Lake Stevens, WA

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2016, 11:07:58 AM »
I may never have to post again!
You may not 'have to', but you surely will. Welcome   :chugbeer:   to the forum, Pavement Tested!
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2016, 06:44:41 PM »
A couple of tricks to the Connie and it'll really wake up. If you need it to...
Welcome. 8)
The grass isn't always greener.

Offline Charlie747

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2016, 12:26:12 PM »
Big welcome from England 🍻👍😃