Author Topic: Let's see your dog  (Read 30820 times)

Offline Gsun

Let's see your dog
« on: September 27, 2011, 09:46:43 PM »
Inspired by another thread, let's see your dog. Or other creature you have about.

Mine is Georgia - a red bone coon hound. Got her as a rescue a couple of months ago. About seven years old. She was in a kill shelter about to be put down for no reason! Mellow and sweet.

Offline George R. Young

• Concours 2001 Farkles
Re: Let's see your dog
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 07:10:42 AM »
Bella's a beagle, about 2 years old, quite energetic.
65 CB160 (67-69), 69 350GTR (69-72), 72 R5, 73 RD350 (73-84), 82 XZ550 Vision (84-03), 01 Concours C10 (03-19), 89 EX250 (11-14), 00 SV650S (14-16), 03 SV650S (19-)

Offline soonerone

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 07:46:04 AM »
Austrailian Sheepdog mixture with ?.  Juliet

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 08:00:04 AM »
Here is a pic of 'Chunk' (Birth name Tank).  He is a four yr old American Bulldog.

Of course he doesnt always look so regal

This was his mate and friend 'Tink' until sadly we had to put her down because Acute Renal Failure. RIP my dear friend :'(

She wasnt always found of cameras

Here they both are trying to stay warm on a cold Iowa day

2002 Conc
1986 Conc "The spirit of COG"

"We did not become the men that we are because we were Sailors, soldiers or cops; we became Sailors, soldiers and cops because of the men we are."

Offline Timalan

• www.thismotorcyclelife.net
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2011, 08:01:43 AM »
My Weiner Jim

My Late Basset Hannah. Damn Doggie Cancer

Offline DenverC-14

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2011, 08:38:09 AM »
My 2 Y.O. Belgian Malinois. She's a great dog, and super smart  ;D

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2011, 08:44:30 AM »
My 2 Y.O. Belgian Malinois. She's a great dog, and super smart  ;D

Smart enough to find your neighbor's stash of maryjane or smart enough to tear up any unwelcome guests.  My money is on both.   ;D  Great looking dogs, there are quite a few of them used as MWD's.  Smart and mean as all get out.

@Snarf:
My parents have an American Bulldog and she is just a beast.  I wish I had a pic, but her head is probably 10 inches wide and her shoulders are almost as broad as mine. Just a rippling ball of muscle that is gentle as can be.
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2011, 08:54:08 AM »
Watch out for the huge 7 lb terror which is Bella.

Actually one of the sweetest Chihuahuas I've met.
Nearly the perfect dog, even if she looks like a rat.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline koval68

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2011, 09:04:40 AM »
Meet Rylie, he's 15 years old and was rescued by us as a puppy.

Bella's a beagle, about 2 years old, quite energetic.
Our 16 years old beagle named Bella !!! just passed away...she'll be missed a lot...
I'm looking at the picture of your beagle and she's a split image of our Bella!!! Did you get her from Shirley Dowser in Metcalfe by any chance?
Tom"Killer"Kowalski   COG#9263  Newmarket,Ontario
"Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need,  but not every man's greed."
- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2011, 09:11:22 AM »
I love dogs, they just don't work with my son's asthma.  I had 4 bulldogs growing up.  But my favorite dog was a beagle/rat terrier mix.  He was sharp as a whip and he knew it.  He would hear me coming down the block (I might have listened to my stereo a little loud back then) and open the door to meet me.  Now my parents and grandparents both have rat terriers that remind me of him every time I see them.

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2011, 09:13:39 AM »
Smart enough to find your neighbor's stash of maryjane or smart enough to tear up any unwelcome guests.  My money is on both.   ;D  Great looking dogs, there are quite a few of them used as MWD's.  Smart and mean as all get out.

@Snarf:
My parents have an American Bulldog and she is just a beast.  I wish I had a pic, but her head is probably 10 inches wide and her shoulders are almost as broad as mine. Just a rippling ball of muscle that is gentle as can be.
Yeah Chunk weighs in right at 125lbs. Our two yr old granddaughter is completely and utterly in love with him. He truly is a gentle giant with her.  The person that ever decides to hurt that little girl had better pray to the good Lord that he is not around when it happens (of course I get whats left of them). He gets down right grumpy when she cries. 
2002 Conc
1986 Conc "The spirit of COG"

"We did not become the men that we are because we were Sailors, soldiers or cops; we became Sailors, soldiers and cops because of the men we are."

Offline COGnosticat0r

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2011, 09:17:18 AM »
Here are two of the five we have:

and here are the other 3, not to include the two cats we have though  ;)
Jerry Holland
COG 4478
2013 C14
"Man, you were haulin' ass the other day when I passed you"

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2011, 09:18:38 AM »
Here are two of the five we have:

Looks like a Plot Hound Jerry.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline koval68

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2011, 09:18:56 AM »
I love dogs, they just don't work with my son's asthma.  I had 4 bulldogs growing up.  But my favorite dog was a beagle/rat terrier mix.  He was sharp as a whip and he knew it.  He would hear me coming down the block (I might have listened to my stereo a little loud back then) and open the door to meet me.  Now my parents and grandparents both have rat terriers that remind me of him every time I see them.
Maybe, you'll find this page helpful...
http://www.dogguide.net/dog-breeds-for-allergies.php
Tom"Killer"Kowalski   COG#9263  Newmarket,Ontario
"Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need,  but not every man's greed."
- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline COGnosticat0r

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2011, 09:22:07 AM »
Looks like a Plot Hound Jerry.

Part catahoula leopard dog, rescued from a shelter earlier this year.  Those two dogs are nothing but young kids that keep in trouble   :)
Jerry Holland
COG 4478
2013 C14
"Man, you were haulin' ass the other day when I passed you"

Offline George R. Young

• Concours 2001 Farkles
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2011, 09:25:40 AM »
. . . Did you get her from Shirley Dowser in Metcalfe by any chance?
Bella is from McDonald's Corners, west of Ottawa, but not all that far from Metcalfe.
65 CB160 (67-69), 69 350GTR (69-72), 72 R5, 73 RD350 (73-84), 82 XZ550 Vision (84-03), 01 Concours C10 (03-19), 89 EX250 (11-14), 00 SV650S (14-16), 03 SV650S (19-)

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2011, 09:27:40 AM »
Maybe, you'll find this page helpful...
http://www.dogguide.net/dog-breeds-for-allergies.php

Thanks, the Airedale/Kerry Blue terriers and mini Schnauzer would be the only ones from that list that I would think about.  My wife's family raised greyhounds when she was growing up (parents both had full time jobs).  She and her sisters did most of the hard work with them so she isn't much of an animal lover since so much was forced on her when she was young.  I am still working on her though.  It might be after our kids are more grown up but I am still working on her.   ;)

Offline DenverC-14

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2011, 09:42:23 AM »

I know a few K-9 malinois'. They are awesome pups. My girl is a total sweetheart though, but she certainly looks the part. Quite rare in CO as "pets", as I've only seen one other so far. I also have a black lab/border collie, but he's just a putz, lol.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2011, 10:31:42 AM »
We have 3 dogs. Bosco (black and tan smooth coat mini Dachshund) is the oldest at 8. Agnes (half long haired red mini Dachshund half Yorkie) 4 years old and Sookie (half long haired red mini Dachshund half Yorkie) 3 years old. This makes Agnes and Sookie Dorkies.

Agnes and Sookie are sisters, same mom and dad, but one litter apart. Those two are rescues and inseparable. Sookie is a fetching fool and lives for it. She'll bring her ball back to you EVERY time and all you have to do is to put your hand out and she'll gently put the ball in your hand.

Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2011, 11:02:14 AM »
Here is Zack demonstrating several acceptable ways to use a couch:

And with a little effort, you can actually sneak up and lay down on Mon while she is taking a nap apparently:

He doesn't always sleep on the couch- sometimes he sleeps in bed or even <gasp> on the floor. Here he is hanging out with Kirby while basking in the glow of both KiPass and the woodstove....

Brian
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com