Author Topic: Why do you NEED an AR-15?  (Read 12327 times)

Offline jim snyder

• Arena
  • I'm married but my girlfriends name is Connie
Re: Why do you NEED an AR-15?
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2013, 03:24:56 PM »
I don't need a $$$$$$ AR 15

BUT I DO NEED A  Kel-Tec Sub 2000 
Anyone know where I can find one ;D
9mm or 40  Glock so I can use my Glock mags

Luckily I bought a Sub-2000 .40 cal three years ago (for $325). Now fast forward to today. I saw one at a gun show three weeks ago and the price tag was..............$1,089 !!! And this was a bone stock one with no add-ons. Mine has a 4 rail forearm, flash suppressor/comp, red dot holo sight, sling,  bolt buffer, and cheek pad. If I had known ahead of time I would have sold mine for $1,089 in a heartbeat.
"Somedays you're the windshield, and somedays you're the bug"
"An armed citizen is a patriot, and unarmed citizen is a victim"

http://community.webshots.com/user/kawadude

Offline Cuda

« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2013, 04:01:15 PM »
Luckily I bought a Sub-2000 .40 cal three years ago (for $325). Now fast forward to today. I saw one at a gun show three weeks ago and the price tag was..............$1,089 !!! And this was a bone stock one with no add-ons. Mine has a 4 rail forearm, flash suppressor/comp, red dot holo sight, sling,  bolt buffer, and cheek pad. If I had known ahead of time I would have sold mine for $1,089 in a heartbeat.

Shoots GOOD right , best little secret out there I can get them for 650 to 700 in  S fl. I'll have to bite the bullet and do It I guess , It just pisses me OFF twice the price :'(
The 3,000 rounds of 9mm ammo I got early Dec. is now TWICE the price ::)
Old and SLOW                   COG 11405
Gods waiting room Naples
2011 Atomic  Silver

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2013, 07:52:25 AM »
For me the AR-15 is what I used primarily for competition, service rifle highpower matches, I'd love to use it to hunt because its just so inherently accurate and much more comfortable to shoot than my bolt rifles. The rifle is the semi-auto version of what is issued to our troops, much like the brown Bess and many of the firearms owned by private citizens when our constitution was written. They had equivilent arms to what the army had at the time. They could have conceivably fought the Gov't on somewhat even terms. You can't fight against an M-16 with pistols and .22's if it ever came to that. You don't need a Corvette or a ZX14 that goes 180 because the speed limit is 65mph, but how many people die every year in car crashes? Far more than guns. How about knives? How about horses?
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline Nosmo

• "We're all in this together." - Red Green
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2013, 04:57:49 PM »
Many years ago I had a girlfriend who wanted to do something on a Saturday, but I told her I couldn't, because I had something to do.  She got suspicious and demanded to know what I wanted to do that was more important than spending time with her.  I said I had to go see a friend of a friend (FFL dealer) about buying a S&W .357 Magnum.  She got pissed off and asked,  "What do you NEED that for?"  I said I didn't NEED it I just WANTED it.  She said what I NEEDED to do was spend more time with her.

I still have the .357. ;)
A life undreamed is a waste.  A dream unlived is a sin.

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2013, 10:58:08 PM »
- sorry , but my comment above had nothing to do with being Politically Correct (or not).

- it was about being logical and believable and not crazy nor paranoid

You need to brush up on your History.
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline Bart

« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2013, 12:02:45 PM »
Those that TRULY believe that they must be prepared to defend themselves against the US government are just crazy! If they really believe this then they need to arm themselves with much more than ARs. These nuts should be stocking up on all the same weapons are the US military. After all, it's not smart to bring a knife (i.e. an AR) to a gun fight. Why not drones or rocket launchers? If you can't afford these at least you should be stocking up on diesel and fertilizer.

The real reason to have ARs and large capacity mags is because it's your right and they are cool and when you go out and blast things it's fun. If you think a couple of good old boys with ARs can defeat the US military you must be nuts or at least very delusional.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2013, 12:14:48 PM »
Here ya go Bart. Who says we're not stocking up.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2013, 12:32:50 PM »
Bart, what is crazy is disregarding the past.  The weak minded will always follow those they perceive as the winner, regardless of who the loser may be.  Advanced armament may be out of reach of the average citizen, but the spirit never wanes.  Remove any hope and all you have left is a broken spirit, easily guided.  Maintain hope and victory is ours.
A spark, fuel and air.  Remove the fuel and what do you have?  All show and no go.  The gun grabbers know this.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2013, 01:03:30 PM »
Bart, what is crazy is disregarding the past.  The weak minded will always follow those they perceive as the winner, regardless of who the loser may be.  Advanced armament may be out of reach of the average citizen, but the spirit never wanes.  Remove any hope and all you have left is a broken spirit, easily guided.  Maintain hope and victory is ours.
A spark, fuel and air.  Remove the fuel and what do you have?  All show and no go.  The gun grabbers know this.

+1 Good answer.

I will also add, for reasons that Son of Pappy stated, as long as we do retain the right to keep and bear arms, I don't expect to ever have to face the US military. If I ever do, it means things have gone VERY wrong and if that happens then yes I expect to lose. But if it did happen, I would rather go down fighting then marched peacefully to some camp.

Offline Bart

« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2013, 03:44:44 PM »
Rino, are you implying that if we citizens did not have guns you would expect the military to take over?

I, for one, don't think so. I have my guns for hunting and target shooting.

Offline Steve in Sunny Fla

• Shoodaben Engineering
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2013, 04:29:42 PM »
Rino, are you implying that if we citizens did not have guns you would expect the military to take over?

well if you're the police / military under "orders" an armed popululation WOULD be something to give serious consideration to... Steve

Offline Miss Silvera

• "Listen With Your Eyes"
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2013, 04:51:40 PM »
Those that TRULY believe that they must be prepared to defend themselves against the US government are just crazy! If they really believe this then they need to arm themselves with much more than ARs. These nuts should be stocking up on all the same weapons are the US military. After all, it's not smart to bring a knife (i.e. an AR) to a gun fight. Why not drones or rocket launchers? If you can't afford these at least you should be stocking up on diesel and fertilizer.

The real reason to have ARs and large capacity mags is because it's your right and they are cool and when you go out and blast things it's fun. If you think a couple of good old boys with ARs can defeat the US military you must be nuts or at least very delusional.

I must be a Crazy Nut as I have been told then...cause for sure you MUST be right! 

That "bunch of good ole boys" include about 30 million "boys" and "girls" who served, are serving, or own firearms who believe in their 2nd Admendment rights, WRITTEN to opress the "guvment" when someone like O-bama has been sucessful in pushing his Hiltler-esque agenda.

Yeah, I must be a Crazy Nut.    But "Bart", whan your being overrun...don't yell for help here....

Oh, whos to say there aren't folks hoarding AN and FO.....or missles, HEC's, DC, home made drones, grenades, mortors, BP, etc......

and by the way...you've never seen me knife fight.....
"Listen With Your Eyes" 
Identify, Acquire, Press, Press, Move
Wit, Grit, Courage,and Determination .....
win gunfights

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2013, 04:58:20 PM »

I must be a Crazy Nut as I have been told then...cause for sure you MUST be right! 

That "bunch of good ole boys" include about 30 million "boys" and "girls" who served, are serving, or own firearms who believe in their 2nd Admendment rights, WRITTEN to opress the "guvment" when someone like O-bama has been sucessful in pushing his Hiltler-esque agenda.

Yeah, I must be a Crazy Nut.    But "Bart", whan your being overrun...don't yell for help here....

Oh, whos to say there aren't folks hoarding AN and FO.....or missles, HEC's, DC, home made drones, grenades, mortors, BP, etc......

and by the way...you've never seen me knife fight.....

and those of us who have access to drones, missles, etc will definitely make them disapear from their storage locations when the time comes.  Plus many in the military will stand with their families instead of obama.
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline turbojoe78

• Arena
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2013, 05:43:07 PM »

Bart, do you think the British though the colonials were nuts back in 1776?  The British were a bunch of well equipped, well trained fighting men.  The people they were up against were from all parts of society, farmers, blacksmiths, business men ect. ect.

In the end, it wasn't what was in there hands that won us our freedom ... it was what was in there hearts.

If we ever ended up having to defend our freedoms from those who would oppress us, it won't be what's in our hands that will keep us free ... it will be what's in our hearts!

P.S.  I'm a Crazy Nut too.
2014 ZG1400 Concours COG memb# 8645

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2013, 05:59:02 PM »
Bart, try this:

http://www.people-press.org/2013/01/31/majority-says-the-federal-government-threatens-their-personal-rights/

Released: January 31, 2013

Majority Says the Federal Government Threatens Their Personal Rights

Views of Congress: Problem Lies with Members, Not the System

Overview

As Barack Obama begins his second term in office, trust in the federal government remains mired near a historic low, while frustration with government remains high. And for the first time, a majority of the public says that the federal government threatens their personal rights and freedoms.
The latest national survey by the Pew Research Center for the People & the Press, conducted Jan. 9-13 among 1,502 adults, finds that 53% think that the federal government threatens their own personal rights and freedoms while 43% disagree.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2013, 11:13:06 PM »

I, for one, don't think so. I have my guns for hunting and target shooting.

NO, I'm NOT saying that our military is somehow waiting for gun control before staging a coup. I was just responding to the argument I have heard over and over again that you don't need guns to oppose tyranny because you cannot win against our modern military therefor the 2nd amendment no longer makes sense. Even if true (not saying it it), I reject the notion that since I cannot possibly win I should accept whatever the government decides for me.

Offline Bart

« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2013, 12:28:31 AM »
I agree that the Federal government is a threat to personal rights. The Patriot Act stripped away our rights not to have our homes or person searched without a warrant and what about Reagan supporting the assault weapon ban of 1994. I guess that I should stop voting republican cause you can't trust them. And you guys know you can't trust the dems. cause they want to take our guns (or is it just that they want to do what Reagan wanted in 1994). I don't know, it appears you can't trust anyone.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2013, 03:51:32 AM »
I don't know, it appears you can't trust anyone.

ding ding ding----we have a winner!

Offline Miss Silvera

• "Listen With Your Eyes"
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2013, 07:41:26 AM »
and those of us who have access to drones, missles, etc will definitely make them disapear from their storage locations when the time comes. 

Show off!    ;D ;D 8) ;D ;D
"Listen With Your Eyes" 
Identify, Acquire, Press, Press, Move
Wit, Grit, Courage,and Determination .....
win gunfights

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2013, 07:52:00 AM »
I agree that the Federal government is a threat to personal rights. The Patriot Act stripped away our rights not to have our homes or person searched without a warrant and what about Reagan supporting the assault weapon ban of 1994. I guess that I should stop voting republican cause you can't trust them. And you guys know you can't trust the dems. cause they want to take our guns (or is it just that they want to do what Reagan wanted in 1994). I don't know, it appears you can't trust anyone.

No argument here. Been voting libertarian for years. And I don't trust the dems because they want to take away EVERYTHING!