Author Topic: CC 50 certification  (Read 2971 times)

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
CC 50 certification
« on: August 13, 2011, 04:21:18 PM »
This is sort of a follow up to and the end of the story that started here: http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=1202.msg11751#msg11751
and continued on here: http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=2286.0

This is the final installment, I promise....

So I got home from the COG National today (Sat., 13 August 2011) and found a big envelope from the Iron Butt Association waiting for me. I thought that that alone was pretty good evidence because "We regret to inform you that your application for a Coast to Coast in 50 hours has been rejected...." would not take that big of an envelope. Sure enough, it was the IBA certification and certificate for the CC 50 I rode in June. The official take on it is ".... from the Atlantic Ocean near Rye, New York to the Pacific Ocean near Hoquiam, Washington in less than 50 hours....". The certified mileage is 3,086, which is not much less than what my log showed; the IBA adjusts the 'certified' mileage down to whatever amount is the least possible to touch all the points documented. It is also a way around any possible odometer error. The ride was certified as a 50 cc Quest Gold, and included in the package was a list of the 44 other people who have been certified for this same run (any northern coast to coast route that is longer than the NY, NY to San Francisco, CA distance).

So of course I am relieved that the ride was actually accepted and a little proud that I did both the run and sufficiently correct paperwork (documentation) to satisfy the minimum requirements. I am not normally much of a 'sticker guy' and don't have any on my vehicles but I think I will put the 50 CC pin on my license plate bracket.

Brian
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline SteveJ.

• Arena
Re: CC 50 certification
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2011, 05:46:51 PM »
Cool.
Perfection Is A Fantasy, Improvement Is Possible(Margie J)
America's Seaplane City
'99 Conk: 234k mi, '98 KLR650, both gone, '15 Versys 650LT: 74k mi
COG 5603, IBA 19921, CBMMA 50 (Cheap B@st@rds Motorcycle Maintenance Assoc, 18 year member)

Offline yoman

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 06:18:11 AM »
Way to go!
2002 Semi-naked Connie

Offline sherob

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2011, 06:40:39 AM »
Nice... now put that on the bike!  8)
Rob
Brighton, CO... missing Texas!

Offline bbroj

• To be determined...
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2011, 06:41:40 AM »
Very cool! Congratulations!
'12 C-14, Vance and Hines CS One muffler, lowered pegs, tank bra, bar risers, Phil's Farkles rack with Givi V46 top box, fender extender, Bucks tail brights, Canyon Cages and much more to come!
COG 9331
http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?action=dlattach;attach=1302;type=avatar&time=1422479190

Offline lddave

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2011, 08:52:32 AM »
Congrats on the ride.
Dave
IBA 178

Offline JetJock

• 2010 Concours in wicked fast BLUE
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2011, 07:27:26 PM »
Congrats! I followed your trip in the virtual world. One of these days, gotta try doing this.

Definitely put the sticker on the bike/truck/bedroom ceiling --- wherever it will do you the most good.

Offline Snibbor

• Arena
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2011, 08:42:10 PM »
Well done!!  A buddy and I hope to knock that out one of these days as well.  I think we both need to toughen up a bit first though. ::)

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2011, 09:23:41 PM »
Congrats Brian!  :chugbeer:

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2011, 02:36:27 PM »
Thanks everybody for the congrats.

As to this specific post, I don't think I want anything that implies endurance in my bedroom. False promises yield unreasonable expectations.....  :D  I think I will just hang one of those pins on the license plate frame and leave it at that.

Brian

Congrats! I followed your trip in the virtual world. One of these days, gotta try doing this.

Definitely put the sticker on the bike/truck/bedroom ceiling --- wherever it will do you the most good.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com