Author Topic: What cleaner/wax do you use?  (Read 9540 times)

Offline MizzouMike

• Arena
  • How do you remove the rain magnet on this thing?
Re: What cleaner/wax do you use?
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2011, 01:10:52 PM »
I use Pledge on my Rifle windshield and helmet visors, other than that, see my sig line............
;)
NEKansas  AMA#273766, COG#8862, IBA#44917
2000 Concours 2001 KLR, 2013 HD Ultra Classic

Offline Noho Drewster

« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2011, 03:10:25 PM »
Pledge on the Cee Baileys after cleaning bugs with water.  Micro fiber towel or shop towel only.  Someone told me to wipe only up and down.  Have had great results.  Just started using the Pledge on the plastics too, very nice.
'94 C-10
'79 Shovelhead

Offline Dan in Grand Rapids

« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2011, 12:37:07 PM »
Lemon.... I like bees

I switched to orange Pledge a while ago when it was on sale. For some reason it seems like the bees don't like it as much as the lemon. I have always used Pledge on bikes, but the last 5 or so years has been orange Pledge only. Try is out and see if you hit less bees.
1997 Concours
1999 KLR 650

Offline Daytona_Mike

• Arena
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2011, 06:14:08 PM »
Love bugs are out big time here in Florida.   The wet towel thing  does little to nothing  on those little suckers.
I was just given a can of Honda spray on wax and that works perfect. I spray it all over the bugs and park the bike. The next day or even later I wash it and they fall right off.

Does the Pledge work that way on  love bugs?
If you still have fuel in the tank, you are not lost yet
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2011, 06:24:43 PM »
Love bugs are out big time here in Florida.   The wet towel thing  does little to nothing  on those little suckers.
I was just given a can of Honda spray on wax and that works perfect. I spray it all over the bugs and park the bike. The next day or even later I wash it and they fall right off.

Does the Pledge work that way on  love bugs?
Love Bugs are an entirely different story.............  :'( Have you tried using a hot towel to help speed up the softening.

When my shield gets a heavy coat of bugs I'll spray on the pledge rather thick and let it set for a few minutes to turn the bug guts more soft.
Tony P. Crochet
(SOLD) 01 Concours Winner of COG Most Modified in 2010

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2011, 06:26:28 PM »
I switched to orange Pledge a while ago when it was on sale. For some reason it seems like the bees don't like it as much as the lemon. I have always used Pledge on bikes, but the last 5 or so years has been orange Pledge only. Try is out and see if you hit less bees.

Dan in Grand Rapids as in Grand Rapids MI ???

Funny thing is I've never had any real issue with bees in the first place.
Tony P. Crochet
(SOLD) 01 Concours Winner of COG Most Modified in 2010

Offline Mettler1

« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2011, 09:10:13 PM »
  Me too!  Only bees I hit now are the ones that lost their sense of smell.  :'(
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 05:08:33 PM by Mettler1 »
'94 Concours 112,000 miles-- 7th gear,2MM,KB fork brace,Over flowtubes,Stick coils,Tcro shifter,GPS,Torque cams,SPOOKFAK,block off plates, SS brake & clutch lines,KB risers, FENDA EXTENDA, emulators,etc

Offline dbethel

« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2011, 02:53:22 PM »
When I wash it, liquid dish soap and warm water.  Plexus and micro fiber cloth when cleaning the windshield.

D.

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2011, 03:00:39 PM »
A 50/50 mix of hydrogen peroxide and water in a squirt bottle work like magic on hard dried up bugs.  Spray it on, wait a few min, and wipe.  They come right off.
2002 Conc
1986 Conc "The spirit of COG"

"We did not become the men that we are because we were Sailors, soldiers or cops; we became Sailors, soldiers and cops because of the men we are."

Offline booger

« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2011, 05:31:52 PM »
Original Bike Spirits Spray Cleaner and Polish.

If you can't find it, use the Honda Spray Clean and Polish.  Appears to be the same stuff.

Offline throb

« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2011, 04:15:57 AM »
Zymol on the tank.  One thing I found is with enough patience and finesse, you can buff out scratches in your windshield with the stuff too.  I use a Porter-Cable dual action orbit polisher to apply the stuff on our other vehicles, and tryed it on the windshield one day.  It polished out the small scratches in the shield and made it shine like a new penny. 
'05 Concours, SISF's 2 min jet mod and exhaust cam sprocket, snarf's block off plates, risers, SS lines, fork brace, T-Cro's stick coils & shift linkage, ZZR1200 rear shock, MS rear wheel.

Offline Leo

« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2011, 05:56:10 AM »
Snarf, does that hydrogen Peroxide mix attack the paint or the black plastic on the mirrors?
Yep, still riding the old one

In Indiana, missing Texas