Author Topic: What did you do to your Concours today?  (Read 852958 times)

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
Re: What did you do to your Concours today?
« Reply #1240 on: May 14, 2015, 06:39:07 PM »
It was Hannah's horse
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #1241 on: May 14, 2015, 07:00:33 PM »
It was Hannah's horse
Imagination is a wonderful thing.

sailor_chic

« Reply #1242 on: May 14, 2015, 07:05:32 PM »
Just got done loading and a short test ride. Heading to S. Carolina in the AM. Gonna ride my bike long and hard tomorrow. Is this where Brian say's "easy boys"? lmao!

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #1243 on: May 14, 2015, 07:16:03 PM »
See above post.  ;)

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #1244 on: May 14, 2015, 07:16:37 PM »
I did something I've never done before. I rode 40+ miles in excess of 100 mph. On a 2 lane road, middle of the day. She will roll up the miles quickly but go through fuel at a prodigious rate. Especially with a brisk headwind. Surprisingly comfortable in the attack position at those speeds.
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline rwnielsen

« Reply #1245 on: May 14, 2015, 07:31:19 PM »
I like how "tucking in" on a connie means just lowering you head a smidge.  :chugbeer:

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1246 on: May 14, 2015, 08:05:10 PM »
It's a beautiful thing..
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1247 on: May 15, 2015, 04:42:26 AM »
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #1248 on: May 15, 2015, 03:48:29 PM »
I did something I've never done before. I rode 40+ miles in excess of 100 mph. On a 2 lane road, middle of the day. She will roll up the miles quickly but go through fuel at a prodigious rate. Especially with a brisk headwind. Surprisingly comfortable in the attack position at those speeds.
A few years back I burned through a tank of fuel in about half an hour, on some Texas sweepers. Funny how thirsty the bike gets when you twist the grip to the stop.
The grass isn't always greener.

Offline gildaguz

« Reply #1249 on: May 16, 2015, 03:33:19 PM »
After having her apart for  1 and 1/2months for output shaft bearings replacement  finally receive parts last Monday and start putting it back together, with the oil pan off and a motorcycle jack is very easy to mount the engine back on the frame
2009 Non ABS Concours Black
2006 Honda VTX 1300 C candy Orange
2004 Honda Shadow  Sabre 750
1979 Suzuki 185 all terrain

sailor_chic

« Reply #1250 on: May 19, 2015, 05:59:11 AM »
I spent three last 4 days on the road with the reason excuse to attending the CONclave SECOG event in SC. My four day total was 1700 miles with 3 nights of camping. I met a bunch of nice people at the short lunch and had a great time camping with Faisal. I gotta say, this is the farthest that I have gone for a good BBQ sandwich.
The first day I rode up on the big roads and this was about a 620 mile day. Day two and three were some much easier, flower sniffing paced rides. Included was stopping at a BMW dealer in Charlotte where lunch was also served. Very nice dealership! Day four was another 600+ mile day, but was all back roads home. I had the big boy wound up many times and for long duration's. Thank goodness for keen vision, or weak rear facing police radar, since I almost ran up on the bumper of a GA state trooper at 100 mph while heading South on Hwy 441 by the Okefenokee Swamp. Ah heck, who am I kidding. It was God's grace that kept me safe!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 07:28:32 PM by sailor_chic »

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #1251 on: May 19, 2015, 08:24:54 AM »
^^^^great seeing you again, and wow @ the way you have your bike set up now!!!
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

sailor_chic

« Reply #1252 on: May 19, 2015, 10:26:29 AM »
Great seeing you again and meeting Teresa. Hopefully many more times to come. Thanks for your kind words Steve. As ironic as it is, I had a guy walk up to me on Saturday and tell me that he didnt like black bikes. I kept my thoughts to myself, but also wondered if this guy had a filter between the thoughts and mouth.

Offline Throttle 8

« Reply #1253 on: May 19, 2015, 10:33:59 AM »
Great seeing you again and meeting Teresa. Hopefully many more times to come. Thanks for your kind words Steve. As ironic as it is, I had a guy walk up to me on Saturday and tell me that he didnt like black bikes. I kept my thoughts to myself, but also wondered if this guy had a filter between the thoughts and mouth.

Everyone knows that black bikes are the fastest!
2014 C14
2000 ZX12R Ninja

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #1254 on: May 19, 2015, 12:22:05 PM »
Great seeing you again and meeting Teresa. Hopefully many more times to come. Thanks for your kind words Steve. As ironic as it is, I had a guy walk up to me on Saturday and tell me that he didn't like black bikes. I kept my thoughts to myself, but also wondered if this guy had a filter between the thoughts and mouth.

Haven't seen any other colors worth getting on a bike   8)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1255 on: May 19, 2015, 08:32:37 PM »
Got the back wheel back on...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #1256 on: May 19, 2015, 08:47:32 PM »
Got the back wheel back on...

Wheel bearings?

Offline rwnielsen

« Reply #1257 on: May 19, 2015, 11:32:19 PM »
I had to work all last weekend so I'm on an evening ride right now. I just finished mounting my old Zumo 550 on a Tech mount and rewired the Adaptiv detector to the acc. leads. So far.... all is well. Cool evening, about 50f down by the coast.

Offline udoggie

« Reply #1258 on: May 20, 2015, 12:38:04 AM »
What did I do to my C14 today?  Quite a bit of "pruning".  Removed almost all of the farkles that I've added over the years, as tomorrow I say goodbye to it.

Kinda sad, it took weeks to install this stuff, but only about 2 hours to take everything off...

I'll be posting stuff for sale soon :-)

-UD
Aloha, OR.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1259 on: May 20, 2015, 04:23:57 AM »
Wheel bearings?

Yep, did those as well..