Author Topic: C14- Most stupid things people ask when stopped?  (Read 36674 times)

Offline Tremainiac

Re: C14- Most stupid things people ask when stopped?
« Reply #120 on: April 15, 2013, 12:10:51 PM »
A Harley riding friend asked if someone was riding sweep in a van or truck on our ride to Tennessee from NJ. and back.
Almost spilt my beer.  :yikes:
Hey mister, my sister has a Harley 'just' like yours!!
2009 Concours 14, 2003 Triumph Thunderbird Sport
1980 Honda CM400 street tracker, Grubee Skyhawk

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #121 on: April 15, 2013, 12:23:00 PM »
Best one yet.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #122 on: April 15, 2013, 12:29:22 PM »
Is that an animal foot on the back of your bike? Makes me want to respond.... well it ain't a dessicated rodent!

;D

But the best conversation I ever had about my bike was when the UPS delivery man at work mentioned to me that that BMW parked out front was a beautiful bike. I looked and did not see any bikes but mine and I was pretty sure it was a Kawasaki- I mentioned this but he insisted that it was a BMW. He was absolutely adamant that it was, in fact, NOT a Kawasaki and was a BMW. I suggested he take a look at the badges on the bike when he left and to my surprise he did- he walked around the bike at least twice and seemed like he just did not believe it was not a BMW even then.

Brian

I'll start-

Is it fast?
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Son of Pappy

« Reply #123 on: April 15, 2013, 02:11:26 PM »
Is that an animal foot on the back of your bike? Makes me want to respond.... well it ain't a dessicated rodent!

;D

Brian
The correct answer would be no, it's a "hoof" ;)  Kinda like a BMW and C14, there is a comparison based on use, but one is vastly superior over the other.  I mean, really, has anyone ever seen an elk wearing shoes or socks?   8)

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #124 on: April 15, 2013, 02:23:33 PM »
Or winding his / her watch, or picking at his / her.... well, nevermind.

Brian

The correct answer would be no, it's a "hoof" ;)  Kinda like a BMW and C14, there is a comparison based on use, but one is vastly superior over the other.  I mean, really, has anyone ever seen an elk wearing shoes or socks?   8)
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline lather

• Arena
  • And I think my spaceship knows which way to go...
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #125 on: April 15, 2013, 09:53:17 PM »
6 stupid things. They probably would have asked more but I left.
Nothing worse than having your balls go missing.

Offline Cougr67

« Reply #126 on: April 16, 2013, 11:48:55 PM »
My HD riding buddy
"You lead, every time I look in the mirror I think its a cop!"
2012 C14 - Black -

Offline speed545

« Reply #127 on: April 17, 2013, 10:44:19 AM »
2 mores  :)

1- Wife when throttle is to much for her (meaning more than half); Why don't you act like an adult for once.

2- guy at the toll on the Atlantic City Highway; Damn I love you guys with theses quiet bikes. I asked how come sir? He said, well at least I can speak with you.Not like thoses Bang ba da bang HD  :-\
08, Concours 14
Montreal Fire Dept

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #128 on: April 17, 2013, 02:00:37 PM »
2 mores  :)

1- Wife when throttle is to much for her (meaning more than half); Why don't you act like an adult for once.

2- guy at the toll on the Atlantic City Highway; Damn I love you guys with theses quiet bikes. I asked how come sir? He said, well at least I can speak with you.Not like thoses Bang ba da bang HD  :-\

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Rafdog

« Reply #129 on: April 18, 2013, 07:56:20 PM »
Had an older guy in a nice F150 stop alongside me at a light and ask if its called "bimmer" or "beemer". I said,"I don't know but, this is a Kawasaki."

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #130 on: April 18, 2013, 08:47:28 PM »
Had an older guy in a nice F150 stop alongside me at a light and ask if its called "bimmer" or "beemer". I said,"I don't know but, this is a Kawasaki."

I would have said "It is pronounced 'cow a sock eee' "
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #131 on: April 19, 2013, 03:46:48 PM »

Welcome to the forum
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #132 on: April 22, 2013, 11:48:57 PM »

:rotflmao:

Offline Jim M.

• 2008 C-14
« Reply #133 on: April 23, 2013, 06:19:56 AM »
Not a stupid thing, but kind of a cool thing happened at a gas station. A guy was coming out of the convenience store part of the station after filling his truck up next to me on the C-14. As he approached, he gestures over to a group of V-twin pirates and then pointed toward my engine and said," Heh heh, if only those guys had a clue what's inside THAT!"  8)

Offline Spikey01

• Badgers? We don't need no steenking Badgers!
    • Michael Hamilton Web Design
« Reply #134 on: April 23, 2013, 08:44:27 AM »
Just don't stop. Ever. :)
Michael Hamilton

...and Bob's your uncle.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #135 on: April 23, 2013, 03:36:42 PM »
Just don't stop. Ever. :)

I wish I could do this^^^^^^^^