Author Topic: Pirelli “Fly into Summer” Promotion Free front Angel GT with purchase of a rear  (Read 34603 times)

Offline Spanky

http://www.getpirelli.com/agt/New_Claim.asp

Good deal if you want to try the new Angel GT

Offline jamiemac

Holy crap! I don't need tires, but I think I'll buy a set. Wow!

Edit to add: It's good till September, so I'll need tires by then. Haha. Awesome!
2008 C14, Area-P carbon fiber, PCV, Rostra Cruise, LAAM leather seat, Optilux 1500 & MondoMoto MM10 lights, Cee Bailey windshield, BMC air filter, Warm & Safe dual dash mounted heat troller.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
It does seem like a great deal, about $100 off a set of tires. If there is a catch, I have not seen it. Perhaps Pirelli is just trying to gain market share from Michelin?

The one thing is that there is a 14 day time limit on applying for the front tire and sending them the receipt for the rear tire. I applied for the front tire and ordered the rear tire today but if the rear is delayed for some reason, it might be a problem. I would suggest that others wait until you have a valid receipt in hand for the rear tire before applying for this offer.

Brian

Edit to add: It's good till September, so I'll need tires by then. Haha. Awesome!
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline jamiemac

Good advice, Brian. I really liked My Angel STs, and even though I have PR3s now, I'd still like to try the GTs, so I'll be giving this a shot.
2008 C14, Area-P carbon fiber, PCV, Rostra Cruise, LAAM leather seat, Optilux 1500 & MondoMoto MM10 lights, Cee Bailey windshield, BMC air filter, Warm & Safe dual dash mounted heat troller.

Offline Spanky

It's good till September or until the 219 left as of now, sell out. I would bet on the latter happening first.   :)

Brian, you can also email them a receipt if you ordered online.

Offline B.D.F.

Good idea- I just gave that a try. We will see how it works out. Thanks for the idea....

Brian

It's good till September or until the 219 left as of now, sell out. I would bet on the latter happening first.   :)

Brian, you can also email them a receipt if you ordered online.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
So where are you getting the tires from?
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

+1 I'll be needing a new rear tire soon and I'd like to give these a try.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline JS_racer

looking for a 55 series A spec, no luck anywhere.
rumor has it the 50 and 55 profile on this tire are close, i have run tons of 55 series and love them. but now i am thinking , do 50's last longer vs 55's ?? and is the gt 55 flatter than say the pr3 or 023 55 series??

think i am in regardless, seems like a great opportunity to try these. (just need to pick if a 55 and if an A spec)

Offline B.D.F.

I got mine from Competition Accessories. $179 for a 190/55 - 17  Pirelli will send you a front for $25 if you buy a rear tire between [a few days ago] and sometime.... later (can't remember). It is about $100 off the front tire and so a tough deal to beat.

Before someone asks- limit one per human, although both Kirby and Mr. Elkhoof are seriously considering buying one each (not really, this offer is limited to 250 tires and no need to be a pig about it). There is a count- down indicator on the Pirelli site so you can tell how many or if there are any left.

Brian

+1 I'll be needing a new rear tire soon and I'd like to give these a try.

Offline cablebandit

looking for a 55 series A spec, no luck anywhere.
rumor has it the 50 and 55 profile on this tire are close, i have run tons of 55 series and love them. but now i am thinking , do 50's last longer vs 55's ?? and is the gt 55 flatter than say the pr3 or 023 55 series??

think i am in regardless, seems like a great opportunity to try these. (just need to pick if a 55 and if an A spec)

Why bother with the A spec?  The C14 doesn't need it.

Offline JS_racer

Why bother with the A spec?  The C14 doesn't need it.

at the other place, last post on page two of the Pirelli Angel GTs thread.
i am one who blows through tires, say like 4k miles per rear. just wanted to give these a fair shake.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
You know, I just bought a rear PR3, why on earth am I buying another one...  :doh:   so I can get a front one as well.  Just sent mine in ...   :censored: this forum. ;)   It's taken more of my money than anything I've ever done.  Oh well...

Ok.  I've been validated so now the wait begins for the store link.

Spanky, thank you for the link and letting us know about it.

Brian, thanks for letting me know where to buy it.

I'll toast you all tonight.    :goodpost:

I'll also keep an eye on this to keep it on the first page...

« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 01:57:23 PM by VirginiaJim »
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

Thanks for the post Spanky!    :chugbeer:

It just so happens that I need a new rear tire anyways.    :)

I visited Competition Accessories per Brian's recommendation and was all set to pull the trigger on a Angel GT when I decided to give my local Kawasaki shop a call and see what their price was for the tire. They matched the online price! Plus tax of course but I'm glad to buy from them and lend some support locally, ya know?
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Spanky

As of 4pm est, down to 167 left. If you are interested, I would not wait too long.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
It's going down pretty quick...

Offline DGOLD

just did mine on 6-17-13 at 1:45 Pacific time and there were 165 left.
I guess the catch is the  shipping cost and where are they going to send you to pick up the tire?
Hopefully where I bought the rear but they don't say that in the confirmation.
1995 c10(gone), 2001 c10(passed on to son),
2010 c14(current mistress)

Offline cablebandit

Shipping tends to mean it will arrive on your doorstep.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
It would be silly, otherwise.

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
Been fighting a rear plug for weeks, thanks for the info.  Order submitted.