Author Topic: Pirelli “Fly into Summer” Promotion Free front Angel GT with purchase of a rear  (Read 34588 times)

Offline MrSkydriver

• Gregg Hackett
Just got mine a few minutes ago....must take longer to get to the Left Coast... :P  BTW, I have the Angel GT on front and back and they work very well!

Gregg
Gregg Hackett - MrSkydriver@gmail.com 
'08 Concours ZG 1400 '03 Aprilia Tuono RSV 1000
Santa Rosa, CA
Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
There ya' go Jim, fixed it up for ya'.

;D

Brian

Haroldo is still here and pops in from time to time..  He's probably on another an adventure.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
That he is.... ;D
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
Wish I woulda seen that hillbilly tie wrap tire vid before I switche'd tars Sunday.... man that's the catzazz....

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline DGOLD

got mine today # 97
wonder how many of us got the 250?
1995 c10(gone), 2001 c10(passed on to son),
2010 c14(current mistress)

Offline B.D.F.

This is a better pictoral but no video:  http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=299597

I saw a video where someone dismounted a 190 rear tire using nothing but his hands and straps, and then mounted a new tire the same way. Not even much of a fight, more of a firm couple of pushes for the last few inches of tire not over the rim.

I have another trick I am going to try- tire irons with shrink tubing over the ends. No need for rim protectors then, just work the irons around the wheel without marring the rims. I think.... We will see how tough that shrink tubing really is.

Brian

Wish I woulda seen that hillbilly tie wrap tire vid before I switche'd tars Sunday.... man that's the catzazz....
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
My magic method is to take the wheel to my local tire installer and pay them $20.  Works every time.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline DGOLD

By the way, thanks Spanky for bringing this to my attention!
1995 c10(gone), 2001 c10(passed on to son),
2010 c14(current mistress)

Offline Conrad

Last week when I had my dealer install my new rear Angel GT I got to hear my C14 ride off without me for the first time ever. The tech took her for a spin after he was done with the tire so he could check to make sure everything was working. He came back and added some air to the tire and I told him that this was the first time I had heard my bike while someone else rode it. He said that he wanted to take it out one more time and did I want him to 'get on it' a little for my auditory pleasure? I said go for it. He did and DAMN, that Area P slip-on sounds SWEET!!! WAY better than I thought it did.   :D
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Not to be rude but how does it feel to have someone else make your girl scream?

Offline Conrad

Not to be rude but how does it feel to have someone else make your girl scream?

:D

In this case only, it felt fine.    ;)

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline B.D.F.

So today I got an e-mail that my tire has shipped, along with a tracking link. Excellent! Now the interesting thing is that I got the tire last Friday. Also excellent! Either Pirelli's timing is a little off or I am going to get even more tires than I expected. :-)

Still, if they are going to miss by a little better it is this way- surprise me with the tire and then follow up with the e-mail.

Brian

Offline Spanky

Ditto   :)

Offline Conrad

So today I got an e-mail that my tire has shipped, along with a tracking link. Excellent! Now the interesting thing is that I got the tire last Friday. Also excellent! Either Pirelli's timing is a little off or I am going to get even more tires than I expected. :-)

Still, if they are going to miss by a little better it is this way- surprise me with the tire and then follow up with the e-mail.

Brian

I just got the same e-mail. If you check the tracking info (FedEx) you'll see info on the tire that you already received.

Offline TexMic

Brian

Same here, tire arrived last Friday with no warning. It's not often that a company exceeds my expectations like this, I'm starting to like Pirelli and I haven't even used their tires yet.

Free tire + shipping -> Free tire, Free shipping -> Free tire delivered much sooner than expected. They could have really dragged it out like all those 'rebates' that take 6-8 weeks to receive. Instead they went the other direction and gave more than expected.  ;D It was only about 2.5 weeks from the time I ordered to receive the front.

Offline B.D.F.

Yeah, I did and it was but I am not giving up hope that easily- I still <may> get another tire, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

If I was willing to give up that easily I could never have ridden away from the dealer on a KiPass equipped bike....

:rotflmao:

Wait, is that the FedEx man I hear now?

Brian

I just got the same e-mail. If you check the tracking info (FedEx) you'll see info on the tire that you already received.

Offline B.D.F.

I have high expectations too- I have used Angel ST's on my C-14 and liked them a lot except for the decline in handling as the tires wore down. As the GT's are dual compound, I am hoping these tires generally handle and corner like an ST but last longer.

Brian

Same here, tire arrived last Friday with no warning. It's not often that a company exceeds my expectations like this, I'm starting to like Pirelli and I haven't even used their tires yet.

Free tire + shipping -> Free tire, Free shipping -> Free tire delivered much sooner than expected. They could have really dragged it out like all those 'rebates' that take 6-8 weeks to receive. Instead they went the other direction and gave more than expected.  ;D It was only about 2.5 weeks from the time I ordered to receive the front.

Offline Conrad

Yeah, I did and it was but I am not giving up hope that easily- I still <may> get another tire, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

If I was willing to give up that easily I could never have ridden away from the dealer on a KiPass equipped bike....

:rotflmao:

Wait, is that the FedEx man I hear now?

Brian

Nope, it's the Paypal man, he heard that you wanted to have a 'chat' .    :rotflmao:

Offline B.D.F.

Actually, you are half- right: it WAS PayPal and we did have a chat but they brought me another Pirelli 120/70-17 as a peace offering. I refused the peace offering on principle but I kept the tire on economics.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Brian

Nope, it's the Paypal man, he heard that you wanted to have a 'chat' .    :rotflmao:

Offline cablebandit

As the GT REARS are dual compound....

Brian

FTFY