Linked Events

• Aerostich Very Boring III and COG National in Idaho combo: August 23, 2013 - August 29, 2013

Author Topic: Aerostich Very Boring III and COG National in Idaho combo  (Read 2837 times)

Offline 2fast

• COG #6497, North Central Area Director
    • C-10 Heat Shield photos
Aerostich Very Boring III and COG National in Idaho combo
« on: November 15, 2012, 08:23:12 PM »
Next summer, just ahead of our National Rally in Idaho Falls, Aerostich will be celebrating 30 years of selling outstanding riding apparel and equipment. The event takes place on Aug 23-25 at the Spirit Mountain ski area in Duluth, MN. Just like 5 years ago, this venue will include the National Mototrials competition. If you have never watched trials riding, it is worth coming just for that. Here's a link to the web site for the Very Boring Rally http://www.boringrally.com/sites/www.boringrally.com/files/vbr/docs/vbr3_poster.pdf

In 2008 we had quite an amazing contingent of COG riders in attendance. The photo below shows a photo lineup of the Connies and riders. Next summer looks like we will be well represented also. Some members have already made plans to attend on Friday and Saturday, and then hit the road for Idaho on Sunday morning. It's 1200 miles away......a long days ride, or a doable 2 day ride, and roll into Idaho on Monday for the start of the rally.

There will be many motorcycling world notables attending if the last rally is any indicator. Folks like Dr Gregory Frazier, Clement Salvadori, Guy Young, and many many more were there. So if you are in striking distance of MN on your way out to Idaho, make plans to attend the VBRIII on the way out. Hope to see you there!
Brian
Brian in Minnesota
Red hair and black leather, my favorite color scheme. Richard Thompson

Need Heat Shields for the C-10? 86-93 Front Brake upgrade brackets?  I got em! Click the little green globe under my Avatar on the left.

Offline twowheeladdict

Re: Aerostich Very Boring III and COG National in Idaho combo
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2012, 08:34:44 PM »
and here I thought Aerostitch was the official clothing line for BMW riders.   :-\
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline 2fast

• COG #6497, North Central Area Director
    • C-10 Heat Shield photos
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2012, 07:55:00 AM »
and here I thought Aerostitch was the official clothing line for BMW riders.   :-\

Nope.

This is.
Brian in Minnesota
Red hair and black leather, my favorite color scheme. Richard Thompson

Need Heat Shields for the C-10? 86-93 Front Brake upgrade brackets?  I got em! Click the little green globe under my Avatar on the left.

Offline The Other Brian

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2012, 11:56:40 AM »
Nope.

This is.

And I might add,  I think every make and model was represented at the 25th Very Boring Rally and don't be fooled by the name, it is anything but boring.
Coon Rapids MN
2010 FJR 1300