Author Topic: Tire Sensor Battery Low?  (Read 3948 times)

Offline Texas

Tire Sensor Battery Low?
« on: May 17, 2011, 05:18:53 PM »
I got a message on my dash guage that said the front tire sensor battery is low.  I looked in the owner's manual for a replacement # for the battery and didn't see it (I did flip through it fast so I may have missed it).  Anyway I called a Kawi dealer to see if they had the battery in stock and was told you have to buy a whole new sensor for $177 because the battey is built in and part of the unit. 

Is this right?

Thanks.
2016 Concours Metallic Moondust Gray
Previous Bikes
2009 Concours, 2008 BMW K1200R, 1995 Vmax, 2003 Vmax, 1997 Vmax, 1996 Vmax, 1992 Yamaha Seca II, 1970 something Yamaha 90

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
Re: Tire Sensor Battery Low?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 05:35:50 PM »
I think for the very first time a search might have turned up useful, pertinent info. on this new forum!  :D

Take a look at: http://zggtr.org/index.php?topic=301.msg3572#msg3572

If your bike is under warranty, Kawasaki will replace faulty tire pressure sensors at no cost. If it is out of warranty, you can replace the batteries yourself if you want to solder a new one in the old one's place, or perhaps Murph can help you out by replacing the batteries for you: http://www.murphskits.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=130&osCsid=dc4d146d1f9beb75914f172b7c6b5c8e

There is nothing on Murph's site but he did make an offer on the old forum so I suggest you e-mail him or give him a call about the battery replacement.

Brian

I got a message on my dash guage that said the front tire sensor battery is low.  I looked in the owner's manual for a replacement # for the battery and didn't see it (I did flip through it fast so I may have missed it).  Anyway I called a Kawi dealer to see if they had the battery in stock and was told you have to buy a whole new sensor for $177 because the battey is built in and part of the unit. 

Is this right?

Thanks.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com