Author Topic: Stuff that makes you scratch your head and wonder...  (Read 29964 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Stuff that makes you scratch your head and wonder...
« on: August 03, 2014, 03:00:39 PM »
This is going to be a thread on things that you personally see (no internet videos or something you heard about) that make you wonder WTF?

For instance:

Today we were coming back from an antique store and driving through King George proper.  We saw an old couple (80's at least) getting ready to cross route 3 at a crosswalk.  I slowed to nearly a stop to let them cross and they backed away and started walking eastward on their side of the street.  I pulled in to another antique store and we watched them cross further down (no crosswalk) and the man left the women fending for herself (she was walking sideways).  Both my wife and myself thought this very strange and really couldn't believe what we just saw.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Gsun

Re: Stuff that makes you scratch your head and wonder...
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2014, 04:44:44 PM »
Friday I saw a fellow riding his HD on the freeway in a Speedo. Not something I wish to repeat and hope he didn't fall!

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2014, 06:51:48 PM »
Friday I saw a fellow riding his HD on the freeway in a Speedo.
Isn't there a minimum speed limit on the freeway? :chugbeer:
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline Outback_Jon

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2014, 09:26:23 PM »
Friday I saw a fellow riding his HD on the freeway in a Speedo. Not something I wish to repeat and hope he didn't fall!
Isn't there a minimum speed limit on the freeway? :chugbeer:
I'm going to say that there should be a Speedo limit on the freeway.

Somewhere around ZERO Speedos would be a good start.
"Outback Jon" Gould *** South Cairo, NY *** COG #9506 *** 2006 C10 "Blueline" *** CDA #0157

Offline Stasch

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2014, 02:32:15 AM »
Like grandma always said:  "just because you can, doesn't mean you should"
Stan Visser - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - > C10 STUFF FOR SALE - Parts List

He IS a racer, hence the forward lean!!  by: Mettler1

Offline Conrad

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2014, 05:14:59 AM »
We were camping over the weekend. Our campsite was on a dead end loop in the campground and the 3 campsites on this loop were taken. An older man (he was driving) and his wife were in a conversion van looking for a campsite and pulled into the loop. Once they saw that there were no campsites available in the loop the old dude attempted to back his van out of the loop. He couldn't do it! His wife had to get out of the van to direct him and it still took him 20 mins to back the van out! I was enjoying an ice cold adult beverage and watching the fun. My wife suggested that I go and ask the man if he needed assistance. What fun would that be? Besides, how embarrassing would that have been for the old geezer if I had offered to help?

Anyways, he finally got backed up but not before almost hitting a camper or two on the way out.

This makes me scratch my head and wonder, how in the hell did he even get that van as far as he did?
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Big Mike

• Binghamton, NY
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2014, 05:42:22 AM »
I scratch my head and wonder why people drive the way they do..

I could write a book on the stupid things I see every day thru the windshield of a big rig..  :-\

and don't even get me started on the caliber of truck driver on our roads now a days..  ::)
2014 Concours 14 Candy Cardinal Red..
HeliBar Risers/Knight Design Lowered Pegs/Super Shark Skins/Cee Bailey Ultra Tour/TechSpec Snake Skin

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2014, 08:02:37 AM »
Last year saw someone driving down the road completely oblivious to the gas nozzle still in the filler complete with hose dragging behind the car.

Yesterday I'm sitting on a bench in downtown Fredericksburg TX when a woman in a Buck comes into the parking space in front of us with a 2' rock wall whacking the front bumper on the right side into the wall pushing it in about 4 inches. Backs out about 8" so she knows she hit something. Shuts the car off. 4 woman get out of the car and not a single one even glanced at the front bumper. My brother and I watched  and not even the slightest movement of the eyes toward the damage.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2014, 11:30:21 AM »
Last year saw someone driving down the road completely oblivious to the gas nozzle still in the filler complete with hose dragging behind the car.

Yesterday I'm sitting on a bench in downtown Fredericksburg TX when a woman in a Buck comes into the parking space in front of us with a 2' rock wall whacking the front bumper on the right side into the wall pushing it in about 4 inches. Backs out about 8" so she knows she hit something. Shuts the car off. 4 woman get out of the car and not a single one even glanced at the front bumper. My brother and I watched  and not even the slightest movement of the eyes toward the damage.

Do you mean to tell me that if you ignore it the damage won't go away?   ;)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline wahrsuul

• This is personal, stop reading it!
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2014, 11:45:10 AM »
People that send you an email, then call or even walk over to tell you they sent you an email.  Then proceed to tell you all about what was in the email, and the rationale and/or thought process that led to it.
1999 C-10: Knee savers, Givi trunk, Rifle windshield, KB risers, K&N...and counting...

What did I do to deserve this life?  And how do I do it again?

Offline Cholla

• Arena
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2014, 12:41:44 PM »
Or someone asks you if we have an item but they walk right pat where said items are kept to ask the question.
Beware the Black Widows...Feared throughout the land!

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2014, 12:47:20 PM »
Do you mean to tell me that if you ignore it the damage won't go away?   ;)

I understand not caring about the damage but to be so unconcerned as to not even give it the slightest glance. Reminded me of the Simpson's episode with Burns's birthday and the entire country of Australia lit up to spell Burns but he couldn't even bother to turn his head slightly to see it.

Offline sherob

• Arena
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2014, 01:51:23 PM »
I'm going to say that there should be a Speedo limit on the freeway.

Somewhere around ZERO Speedos would be a good start.

So, we visited Myrtle Beach last week... it's been a while since I've been to the beach since moving to Colorado.

I think there should be a ZERO Speedo limit at the beach as well.  I think there should be some kinda dress code for those who grace the beach wearing, or should I say, displaying body's that ate their bathing suits.  :o
Rob
Brighton, CO... missing Texas!

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2014, 03:05:57 PM »
So, we visited Myrtle Beach last week... it's been a while since I've been to the beach since moving to Colorado.

I think there should be a ZERO Speedo limit at the beach as well.  I think there should be some kinda dress code for those who grace the beach wearing, or should I say, displaying body's that ate their bathing suits.  :o
You know that there is a very definite double standard here.

Offline sherob

• Arena
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2014, 03:41:18 PM »
You know that there is a very definite double standard here.

My recent non scientific study found most men that wore a speedo fall into the category of body's that ate their bathing suit...  ::)   
Rob

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2014, 04:06:08 PM »
Not something I'd admit to studying.  :rotflmao:

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2014, 04:13:15 PM »
I'll study anything if there's beer involved.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline sherob

• Arena
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2014, 04:27:12 PM »
I had plenty of beer trying to wash away those images...  :o
Rob

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2014, 05:12:06 PM »
 :thumbs:

Son of Pappy

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2014, 05:33:53 PM »
I'll study anything if there's beer involved.

::) Makes me scratch my head and wonder :o