Author Topic: Oh how I hope I can talk the bosslady into this!!!  (Read 13937 times)

Offline twowheeladdict

Re: Oh how I hope I can talk the bosslady into this!!!
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2013, 09:11:12 PM »

Money is not an issue, but my wife's hobbies and what she loves are not nearly as expensive as mine.....hence why I get crap for it. I am far from suffering, I tend to get what I want eventually, just have to do it in a way that doesn't cause too much animosity between us. Wife is my best  buddy, she and I have a great thing going on 20 years now.  :)

Having the money may not be an issue, but it sounds like spending it could be an issue.  Sometimes if I am not sure of a purchase I will bounce it off my wife.  When I was thinking Versys she pointed out that it was half way between the KLR650 and Ninja 650.  I agreed and sold both of those after I bought the Versys.  The only reason I have the Voyager is to ride her around comfortably since I do want to involve her in my passion.  She in turn has an older very trained and tame horse that will take care of its rider.  He is what I ride on the occasions that I ride. 

Sounds like you might want to have a discussion with her.  If the bike is a good deal you know you can sell it with little cost of ownership.
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2013, 09:45:53 PM »
Having the money may not be an issue, but it sounds like spending it could be an issue.  Sometimes if I am not sure of a purchase I will bounce it off my wife.  When I was thinking Versys she pointed out that it was half way between the KLR650 and Ninja 650.  I agreed and sold both of those after I bought the Versys.  The only reason I have the Voyager is to ride her around comfortably since I do want to involve her in my passion.  She in turn has an older very trained and tame horse that will take care of its rider.  He is what I ride on the occasions that I ride. 

Sounds like you might want to have a discussion with her.  If the bike is a good deal you know you can sell it with little cost of ownership.

We have discussed it, and then she gave me "the look". We shall see what happens, if this one doesn't pan out there are others. I also like the 2007 CBR and 2008 Gixxer, they are all speaking to me as a 3rd bike option.  8)
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline Pokey

• Arena
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2013, 09:48:53 PM »
Put on yer man pants and buy it!

We share the pants.  ;)
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2013, 10:14:53 PM »
Wife is my best  buddy, she and I have a great thing going on 20 years now.  :)

Tell her that Poke with flowers and vino in hand and you'll have that bike same day.  ;) :)

Offline Conrad

« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2013, 05:41:47 AM »
Tell her that Poke with flowers and vino in hand and you'll have that bike same day.  ;) :)

But she already gave him 'the look'.    :o
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Pokey

• Arena
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2013, 04:02:27 PM »
But she already gave him 'the look'.    :o

:rotflmao:  and she hates flowers, wine also makes her female parts hurt!!!!  ;)
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

Offline Conrad

« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2013, 08:33:10 AM »

:rotflmao:  and she hates flowers, wine also makes her female parts hurt!!!!  ;)

Say what? How exactly does she normally drink her wine?    ;)

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Son of Pappy

« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2013, 08:50:25 AM »

If I brought my wife flowers she would make my male parts hurt :o

I say you do the groveling like a man thing, if that fails pout until she relents, once she relents bounce around like a little puppy ;D  If all of those things fail send me the owners info so I can buy it 8)

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2013, 08:52:54 AM »

My question exactly!

Offline Pokey

• Arena
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2013, 07:32:00 PM »

You wise ass!!!!!!  :P
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2013, 09:16:50 PM »
So did you buy it yet?  :popcorn:

Offline Pokey

• Arena
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2013, 06:57:58 PM »
Nope not yet, he isnt quite ready to sell and I am not quite ready to buy.
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2013, 04:48:32 AM »

:rotflmao:   That comment made my day, Conrad.  Thanks.  Still  :rotflmao: .  I'll be chuckling about that all day long.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2013, 05:01:18 AM »
:rotflmao:   That comment made my day, Conrad.  Thanks.  Still  :rotflmao: .  I'll be chuckling about that all day long.

I'm glad that you saw it early this morning instead of yesterday Jim.   :)

Offline TJ

« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2013, 10:30:45 PM »
It better be a smoking hot deal:). The sale of 600cc sport bikes has fallen in the basement over the last couple of years. The articles I read suggest they are currently the worse selling bike in the big 4 line ups.
2012 Black Kawasaki Concours

Son of Pappy

« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2013, 03:58:06 PM »
Nope not yet, he isnt quite ready to sell and I am not quite ready to buy.
Well??

Offline Pokey

• Arena
« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2013, 10:12:32 PM »
Well??

"Well" is a deep subject. I am heading to the Gap, Moonshiner 28, and the Diamondback next week.....gonna tear it up on the big girl.  8)
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2013, 02:25:45 PM »

"Well" is a deep subject. I am heading to the Gap, Moonshiner 28, and the Diamondback next week.....gonna tear it up on the big girl.  8)

You don't wanna miss the HWY 28 Hellbender or 421 Snake!

And tell my dear friend Heather I'll be up to see her soon =)

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2013, 03:48:39 PM »

Don't forget the Cherohala Skyway, Foothills parkway, 441 over to Cherokee, the south part of the Blue Ridge Parkway.

I just completed riding the Blue Ridge Parkway from south to north.  Great ride.
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline Pokey

• Arena
« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2013, 04:02:42 PM »
Don't forget the Cherohala Skyway, Foothills parkway, 441 over to Cherokee, the south part of the Blue Ridge Parkway.

I just completed riding the Blue Ridge Parkway from south to north.  Great ride.

Oh yeah I have ridden all those, and I will be back down there in 2 weeks to hit anything I miss on this trip.  ;)  Worth going down just to ride the Cherohala a few times.
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"