Author Topic: Non running Craigslist C10 for a $1000.  (Read 1393 times)

Offline Isitgonnarain?

Non running Craigslist C10 for a $1000.
« on: August 04, 2018, 07:27:49 PM »
Just joined the forum after following for few weeks. There is a C10 on Craigslist that's been on there for about a month that I'm going to look at tomorrow.
  That add reads not running due to sitting too long and needs rebuilt carbs. I was wondering about how much a rebuild job on the carbs might be and if it has hydrolock could both be done for under a grand? Thanks for any advice.

Offline DC Concours

• Arena
  • 2001 Concours, ~35K miles
Re: Non running Craigslist C10 for a $1000.
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2018, 10:20:30 PM »
you have to make sure it is just carb work. there may be a lot wrong with a non-running bike.

anyway, there is a guy called steve who does carb work. he is well known in the concours world. many have had  c10 carbs worked on by him. you can contact him. his fees are on his site

https://sites.google.com/site/shoodabenengineering/intake-and-exhaust

Offline jettawreck

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2018, 06:55:52 AM »
Many nice later model year C10's been showing up, some low mileage examples, on CL for around the $2k that are in known running condition. I wouldn't have interest in a non-runner unless it was bought for parts. Assume the worst because you can't believe much of the "story" when something is sold in that situation.
This street bike thing is all new to me.
Snowmobiles-I have a bunch of those.

Offline Isitgonnarain?

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2018, 03:20:57 PM »
Thanks for the advice. Bought the bike after looking at it for $900. Includes a new carberuter in the box. Bike looked and even smelled new. Could not turn it down. Had small hole in the fairing right under the carbs with what looked like burn residue or could be just discoloration. I thought of signs of hydrolock right away but went for it. Will take the carbs off and do the hydrotest this week. Wish me luck.

Offline jettawreck

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2018, 08:01:09 PM »
OK. Best of luck!
This street bike thing is all new to me.
Snowmobiles-I have a bunch of those.