Author Topic: This is a proverbial bridge too far......  (Read 11849 times)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: This is a proverbial bridge too far......
« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2018, 08:50:12 PM »
Their laws are unconstitutional as immigration and border security are within the purview of the Fedgov.

One of the few things that actually *is* supposed to be done by the Fed....
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2018, 10:52:19 PM »
Their laws are unconstitutional as immigration and border security are within the purview of the Fedgov.
Oddly enough it was CBP that stopped and initially detained her & 8 others when they rentered the USA in 2013 via Nogales which I believe is in Arizona.

Due process was then followed and she moved back to California.

All sounds pretty kosher & by the book to me by all concerned  ;)
--
space reserved for humourous sig file

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2018, 01:56:43 AM »

On a different but similar note: So I'm sitting in a bar across from two very large women and I say, "Cool accents. Are you two from Scotland?" One yells back, "It's WALES YOU IDIOT!" I say, "OK so you are two whales from Scotland?"

lololol
--

Offline sanmo

• Arena
Re: This is a proverbial tempest in a teapot......
« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2018, 08:00:34 AM »
So she gets appointed as member in an advisory panel, probably non-paying job for which she is eminently qualified. You all are behaving as if she was appointed California AG. Without knowing her parent's background I would label her an American success story. I fully believe in US sovereignty and the need for border and immigration control, but you are not going to deport some 12 million illegal immigrants without some serious disruption to the economy and society. Sure, get rid of the felons and MS-13 gang members, but you cannot abandon compassion and humanity.
Unless you are 100% Native American, we are all frickin' immigrants or descended from immigrants. The display of xenophobia, islamophobia, allegations of voter fraud and irrelevant father-in-law stories makes me wonder if I stumbled into an alt-right convention.
This chick could very well become the Rosa Parks of immigration reform, unless Sessions finds a way to deport her ass back to Mexico as some of you wish. :)
2008 Silverdammit C14

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2018, 08:11:52 AM »
So what part of illegal don't you understand?

Offline sanmo

• Arena
« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2018, 08:24:44 AM »
Somehow you get the impression that I do not understand what illegal means?
2008 Silverdammit C14

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2018, 08:25:55 AM »
So she gets appointed as member in an advisory panel, probably non-paying job for which she is eminently qualified. You all are behaving as if she was appointed California AG.

If this is a PAID position, then we are rewarding an illegal alien with taxpayer money.  Sorry, but I find that offensive.

Without knowing her parent's background I would label her an American success story.

If she were a LEGAL resident, I would also label her an American success story.  But she is not.  And the fact that she is a lawyer makes it all the more ironic to me.

The display of xenophobia, islamophobia, allegations of voter fraud and irrelevant father-in-law stories makes me wonder if I stumbled into an alt-right convention.

YOU are trying to make this about race, ethnicity, religion, whatever.  I am certainly not.  I expect most people are not (especially on this forum).  I don't care what their backgrounds are, what country they came from, what the color of their skin is, or what religion or other beliefs they have.  If they are here illegally, it is wrong.  So, you see, that is the exact opposite of "xenophobia, islamophobia", etc.

This chick could very well become the Rosa Parks

Rosa Parks was a citizen.

of immigration reform

If by "reform" you mean just allowing anyone to come in illegally and do whatever they want, I would hardly call that "reform".

unless Sessions finds a way to deport her ass back to Mexico as some of you wish. :)

Is she Mexican?  I don't even know... .and don't care.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline sanmo

• Arena
« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2018, 08:55:18 AM »
If this is a PAID position, then we are rewarding an illegal alien with taxpayer money.  Sorry, but I find that offensive.

So the illegal alien doing your roof, landscaping, farm labor, etc. gets paid with non-taxpayer money and that is ok?

If she were a LEGAL resident, I would also label her an American success story.  But she is not.  And the fact that she is a lawyer makes it all the more ironic to me.

She had an illegal start in the US by being brought in at the age of 14. Still an admirable success story whether she became a lawyer, doctor, or engineer...

YOU are trying to make this about race, ethnicity, religion, whatever.  I am certainly not.  I expect most people are not (especially on this forum).  I don't care what their backgrounds are, what country they came from, what the color of their skin is, or what religion or other beliefs they have.  If they are here illegally, it is wrong.  So, you see, that is the exact opposite of "xenophobia, islamophobia", etc.

Go back and read the thread to see if you can spot the xenophobia, islamophobia, etc.  Kudos to you if you are truly non-discriminatory.

Rosa Parks was a citizen.

Apparently just barely a citizen, Remember having to ride in the back of the bus?

If by "reform" you mean just allowing anyone to come in illegally and do whatever they want, I would hardly call that "reform".

Nobody is denying border security and immigration control. Immigration reform pertains to people who have been here for several years and have been model residents.

Is she Mexican?  I don't even know... .and don't care.

Agreed.
2008 Silverdammit C14

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2018, 09:06:40 AM »
'chick'? your sanctimony is slipping.

Offline sanmo

• Arena
« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2018, 09:18:16 AM »
My sanctimony is quite intact, thank you. OTOH, if I had called her a broad, skirt , toots,.......... ;D
2008 Silverdammit C14

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2018, 09:32:09 AM »
 :rotflmao:

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2018, 10:14:30 AM »
So the illegal alien doing your roof, landscaping, farm labor, etc. gets paid with non-taxpayer money and that is ok?

No, it is not OK.  They shouldn't be working.  Not only is it illegal to be here without a visa, green card, or citizenship, it is also illegal to hire/pay illegal aliens.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
Re: This is a proverbial bridge too far.
« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2018, 10:19:43 AM »
I know it does not work at my house; with my recent large scale renovations (six digits and climbing), I check I-9 forms, or other equally adequate proof of legal residence and ability to work for all persons working on my property. Most have been Americans but some have been from Central America but they ALL are living and working here legally.

Brian

No, it is not OK.  They shouldn't be working.  Not only is it illegal to be here without a visa, green card, or citizenship, it is also illegal to hire/pay illegal aliens.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline sanmo

• Arena
« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2018, 11:25:10 AM »

If there is strict enforcement of civil and/or criminal penalties on those employers, illegal immigration will grind to a halt. Problem is there are a lot of hard labor, low paying jobs which will either not get done or cost 2x without the shadow work force. And this is true not just in the southern border states.

(notice how I am unabashedly using the term "illegal aliens" instead of the gentler "undocumented immigrants". Unlike some people who insist on labeling the AR-15 a "modern sporting rifle" instead of the harsher "assault weapon".  8))
2008 Silverdammit C14

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #54 on: March 18, 2018, 01:30:21 PM »

If there is strict enforcement of civil and/or criminal penalties on those employers, illegal immigration will grind to a halt. Problem is there are a lot of hard labor, low paying jobs which will either not get done or cost 2x without the shadow work force. And this is true not just in the southern border states.

(notice how I am unabashedly using the term "illegal aliens" instead of the gentler "undocumented immigrants" democrats". Unlike some people who insist on labeling the AR-15 a "modern sporting rifle" instead of the harsher "assault weapon".  8))

Because an 'assault' weapon is a generic term for any item you assault someone with. Handgun, rifle, baseball bat, rubber chicken. Illegal alien is a specific description of the residential status of an individual person.

Offline sanmo

• Arena
« Reply #55 on: March 18, 2018, 02:35:17 PM »

Because an 'assault' weapon is a generic term for any item you assault someone with. Handgun, rifle, baseball bat, rubber chicken.

Oh, the same as gun violence is a generic term for any violence threatened or committed with a gun? Takes a perverse imagination to think of a baseball bat or a rubber chicken as an assault weapon.

Illegal alien is a specific description of the residential status of an individual person.

It is a distasteful description more suited for the Martian who lands in your backyard without your permission.

You know, most immigrants, undocumented or otherwise, are drawn to the fiscal conservatism, law & order and family values which were supposed to be the hallmarks of the Republican party. But those core principles have been abandoned sometime back and the flashes of bigotry that we now see are what is driving them to the Democrats. Even a moderate centrist Republican would do very well at the national and local levels.
2008 Silverdammit C14

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #56 on: March 18, 2018, 03:30:36 PM »
So she gets appointed as member in an advisory panel, probably non-paying job for which she is eminently qualified. You all are behaving as if she was appointed California AG. Without knowing her parent's background I would label her an American success story. I fully believe in US sovereignty and the need for border and immigration control, but you are not going to deport some 12 million illegal immigrants without some serious disruption to the economy and society. Sure, get rid of the felons and MS-13 gang members, but you cannot abandon compassion and humanity.
Unless you are 100% Native American, we are all frickin' immigrants or descended from immigrants. The display of xenophobia, islamophobia, allegations of voter fraud and irrelevant father-in-law stories makes me wonder if I stumbled into an alt-right convention.
This chick could very well become the Rosa Parks of immigration reform, unless Sessions finds a way to deport her ass back to Mexico as some of you wish. :)

Here is a American success story for you if you care to look him up... Moon Kook-jin

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #57 on: March 20, 2018, 07:00:45 AM »
Either the USA or any sovereign country has the right to control the border and who become citizens or they don't. If we do have the right to control the border then we have to make laws as to how people enter and how they become citizens. People that do not follow the laws for entry are illegally entering the country. Either she followed those laws or she didn't. If she didn't then she is here illegally and can be subjected to deportation. Which part of this don't you agree with?

Offline sanmo

• Arena
« Reply #58 on: March 20, 2018, 07:13:15 AM »
Either the USA or any sovereign country has the right to control the border and who become citizens or they don't. If we do have the right to control the border then we have to make laws as to how people enter and how they become citizens. People that do not follow the laws for entry are illegally entering the country. Either she followed those laws or she didn't. If she didn't then she is here illegally and can be subjected to deportation. Which part of this don't you agree with?

Assuming that this was addressed to me, I agree with all of it. (Will return later in the day to answer any more questions that you have.)
2008 Silverdammit C14

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
« Reply #59 on: March 20, 2018, 11:48:50 AM »

She left the country
She then rentered via Arizona and was detained by CBP
She was then subsequently released to return to California

So does that make her semi legal ?

--