Author Topic: NRA press Conference  (Read 31931 times)

Son of Pappy

Re: NRA press Conference
« Reply #140 on: January 06, 2013, 10:05:29 PM »
To the flinlock crowd.  Maybe we should consider banning the same type of gun that killed Lincoln.  Or the weapon that killed teddys girlfriend at Chapaquidick (s).  Let's ban doctors, how many people do they kill every year? 

Question to no one in particular, 3 options when an armed intrudor breaks in your house at o dark thirty.  You have a phone, bible, and gun.  Which one has the highest percentage of saving you?  Prayor maybe, but if the good word has been followed (He helps those who help themselves) prayor comes after completion of action.  You can call 911, help is minutes away (I know, the threat is immediate).   Or you can defend yourself, reducing the threat to a manageable level.

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #141 on: January 07, 2013, 07:21:44 AM »
To the flinlock crowd.  Maybe we should consider banning the same type of gun that killed Lincoln.  Or the weapon that killed teddys girlfriend at Chapaquidick (s).  Let's ban doctors, how many people do they kill every year? 

Question to no one in particular, 3 options when an armed intrudor breaks in your house at o dark thirty.  You have a phone, bible, and gun.  Which one has the highest percentage of saving you?  Prayor maybe, but if the good word has been followed (He helps those who help themselves) prayor comes after completion of action.  You can call 911, help is minutes away (I know, the threat is immediate).   Or you can defend yourself, reducing the threat to a manageable level.

:-\  I'm not finding "He helps those how help themselves" in my Bible.  Can you provide a reference?

I do wonder why this story isn't making national headlines:
http://www.ecanadanow.com/curiosity/2013/01/06/mom-shoots-intruder-5-times-in-loganville-georgia-suspect-survives/
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline Snibbor

• Arena
« Reply #142 on: January 07, 2013, 07:45:32 PM »
It was on the msn home page yesterday, kinda buried in the fine print.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #143 on: January 31, 2013, 05:48:38 PM »
Back on topic is this bit out of Atlanta.

January 31, 2013 6:31 PM

Atlanta School Shooting Update: Armed officer working at middle school disarmed suspect, says chief
 By Crimesider Staff .

/ CBS Atlanta (AP) ATLANTA - Atlanta's police chief says an armed officer working at a city middle school where a student was shot was able to disarm the suspect, also a student, moments after the shooting. Authorities say a 14-year-old boy was shot in the back of the neck Thursday at Price Middle School and his injury does not appear to be life-threatening. The suspect was taken into custody.

Chief George Turner says multiple shots were fired, and only the 14-year-old was wounded. After some initial confusion about the nature of a teacher's injuries, officials now say the teacher received minor cuts in the aftermath of the shooting.

Police spokesman Carlos Campos says investigators believe the shooting was not random and that something occurred between the two people involved that may have led up to it.

Students at the school were kept inside for hours as their parents waited anxiously outside. By 5p.m. children were being reunited with their parents.

Atlanta Public Schools Superintendent Erroll Davis says the school has metal detectors and officials are looking into how the gun got on campus.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57567018-504083/atlanta-school-shooting-update-armed-officer-working-at-middle-school-disarmed-suspect-says-chief/