Author Topic: Dropped mine!  (Read 12592 times)

Offline kzz1king

Dropped mine!
« on: August 18, 2016, 07:35:28 PM »
Leaving the curb in Red Lodge MT. Not sure how but all of a sudden it was down! I was barely moving maybe even stopped. Really thankful for the cages. Trip would have been ruined without. They kept everything about an inch from the pavement.
Wayne
2010 CONCOURS
1974 Z-1

Offline Conrad

Re: Dropped mine!
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2016, 05:02:05 AM »
Sorry to hear!

Was the front brake involved at all? Low speed and the use of the front brake can put a bike on the ground in a flash. Don't ask me how I know...   :o
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline kwakrider

• Black- 2009
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2016, 08:51:46 AM »
Sorry to hear mate,at least no harm done. Welcome to the not so exclusive club!  ;D

Offline kzz1king

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2016, 03:47:03 PM »
It may have been as my feet were on the ground. Just not sure what happened.

Sorry to hear!

Was the front brake involved at all? Low speed and the use of the front brake can put a bike on the ground in a flash. Don't ask me how I know...   :o
2010 CONCOURS
1974 Z-1

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2016, 07:05:31 PM »
I've gone down on a squished soda can..
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2016, 07:18:55 PM »

EASY BOYS!
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline kzz1king

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2016, 08:12:23 PM »
LOL, To be clear I didnt go down ;D ;) 8)

EASY BOYS!
2010 CONCOURS
1974 Z-1

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2016, 06:06:16 AM »

EASY BOYS!

How to derail a thread in one post...

only one way this can go...saw a story where the cops arrested a guy for screwing his van

Offline Conrad

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2016, 07:09:41 AM »

Pics or it didn't happen...

Damn Robin! To each their own I guess.    ;)

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2016, 12:44:03 PM »
Sigh... :doh:
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2016, 07:35:24 AM »
Sigh... :doh:

If you don't know by now that you need to chose your words carefully with this group then, well, there you go.    :D

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2016, 11:52:54 AM »
If you don't know by now that you need to chose your words carefully with this group then, well, there you go.    :D

This ain't the COG
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2016, 05:05:41 AM »
 ;D

Offline Tree

• 21 Year Submarine Veteran - GO NAVY!
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2016, 11:38:25 AM »
My first post on this board and it is about "How I dropped my Connie."  I was fairly new to the C14 and got a lesson in physics.  I had just dismounted after pulling into a parking space.  I had just enough time to watch it fall while I was removing my helmet.  Total Slow Motion as it rolled forward on the kickstand and flopped on the deck like a big fat fish.  Some scrapes for the bike and a dent in my ego.  I was reasonably lucky.  Lessons learned are:

1. When parking, anywhere, keep it in gear.  I already thought I knew this one but I got complacent.
2. Try to park in a way that will roll the bike backwards while on the stand if possible.  I know, total Duh, but I was rushing myself for some stupid reason.
3. Use a load spreader beneath the stand when on asphalt.  It helps to minimize the dig/catch and will skid.  This is one of the more basic suggestions and I only think about it after I return to my bike and have to dig the foot of the stand out of the dinosaur goo.

<end

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2016, 04:24:56 AM »
Additionally, don't use the center stand on hot asphalt.

Offline kzz1king

« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2018, 09:21:40 PM »
I did it again. Dropped it going to slow on a steep sidehill
 In a parking lot in Duluth. Being it is the THIRD time I just chuckled and watched my buddies pick it up. Thankfully no pictures were taken . Those bathtub bars are real savers.
2010 CONCOURS
1974 Z-1

Offline kzz1king

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2019, 11:42:36 AM »
Any one else want to share? I am tired seeing my handle at the top of this thread😎
2010 CONCOURS
1974 Z-1