Author Topic: ZGT40C - Magnesium Grey Missile  (Read 4107 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: ZGT40C - Magnesium Grey Missile
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2020, 12:36:45 PM »
Hmmmm..."LOL" or not, I think I'm going to use my get out of jail free card and disagree with you on this. Assuming Boomer's info is correct and updated, he resides
in Wickford England on the Island of Great Britain. The Island of Great Britain is definitely in Northwestern Europe regardless if it's resident government is in the European Union
or Common Market or NATO or whatever political/military entanglements the residential government decides to be in of or out of. Excessive tectonic activity whereby the splitting
of the Eurasian plate takes place is the only thing* that can change that.

*Well, a bribe of proper proportion to a world geography body/association might start the ball rolling to a multi-decade debate which might change things eventually, since the whole thing about continents is defined by humans anyway. I mean if you look at a globe, we all live on islands, some are just a lot bigger than others.

However, I do think Europe got some cool colors that we here in the U.S. would have liked. I think that Dark green they got in 2011 would get me to trade in my 2010 model if it were to become available here in 2021.  ;)

I think we'll save that get out of jail card for another time...

I think it depends to whom you speak with whether the UK is part of Europe.  If you speak to me then it will never be part of Europe and never has been.  If you are talking geographically and in the continental shelf scientific sense of being then I can't argue with that fact.  Calling me or any Englishman a European would probably elicit a somewhat negative response from said fellow that would not be nice and could get me thrown in jail.  Same could be said of calling a German a Frenchman or a Belgian a Frenchman.  Not picking on the French here, it's just an example.  A Belgian, a Frenchman, a German walk into a bar and someone says 'Welcome, Europeans!'.  I don't think anything ill would come of that except maybe a raised eyebrow or two.  But if someone were to say that to me as I walked into my favorite German bar then a few choice words would be said (come to think of it I probably have said them as the owner insults me as much as I insult him), mind you.  All in good fun as that is one German I would do anything for.  But again this is all personal feelings and not based on anything scientific.  I fly three flags outside the house, US, St. George's, and St. Andrew's.

Flying the US and St. George's flags are obvious but not so much the St. Andrew's.  A Scot did me a very kind thing last year and unfortunately he succumbed to the virus which has endeared to me to those peoples.  Which reminds me, I need to get a German flag as well. 

And whilst we're on the subject of nations, I think the world is a lot better place having all these different peoples with different ideas on things...especially different foods and alcohol.  Even with our differences.

"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Boomer

• Wickford, UK
    • Boomers GTR Site
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2020, 01:46:41 AM »
The UK is and always has been in Europe. When sea levels were lower, just 10,000 years ago, we were joined to mainland Europe by land.
The UK is between Ireland and mainland Europe and even Ireland (and the eastern side of Iceland for that matter) is in Europe.
Whether we are in a political/trading group with other European nations is irrelevant.
We are in political/trading groups with the Commonwealth, but we are not in Asia, Africa, Australia or North America.

As for the current British obsession with leaving the EU, that will fade once the Brexiters realise that nothing has changed w.r.t. immigration apart from the language spoken by the immigrants. After the upcoming Hard Brexit we are going to be substantially worse off than before, and that is before we get screwed over negotiating trade agreements with the USA, China, Japan, and other major trading partners.
But perhaps we'd better leave that discussion for somewhere else as I was born a European, still am a European (UK & Luxembourg Citizen) and will die a European. In my opinion Brexit is the worst decision this country has made since the end of WW2.

George "Boomer" Garratt
Wickford, UK

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2020, 06:05:40 AM »
This, of course, is pure speculation, Boomer....LOL
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Boomer

• Wickford, UK
    • Boomers GTR Site
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2020, 07:25:16 AM »
Entirely possible, but so far I have nailed every aspect of this debacle, from the results of the referendum, both elections since, and many of the actions of the puppets involved. Once you understand the puppeteers end goal (unstable and therefore profitable markets) every decision made makes perfect sense. They must be rubbing their hands with glee at the Covid-19 pandemic. Exactly what the Doctor ordered for their investors, or for their investors inheritors anyways.
George "Boomer" Garratt
Wickford, UK

Offline jimboni

« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2020, 05:26:48 PM »
Hi All!

Glad to find you!
New member here, from Bucharest - Romania!
I would like to present my beloved missile: magnesium grey, 2010, 53.000 km.
As options, gel seats, risers, Kaoko CC, MRA windshield and FoBo Bike 2 TPMS sensors.

Digging that color as much as my Arabian Red!  Welcome from another new guy.

Offline O.C.

« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2020, 01:44:37 AM »
Entirely possible, but so far I have nailed every aspect of this debacle, from the results of the referendum, both elections since, and many of the actions of the puppets involved. Once you understand the puppeteers end goal (unstable and therefore profitable markets) every decision made makes perfect sense. They must be rubbing their hands with glee at the Covid-19 pandemic. Exactly what the Doctor ordered for their investors, or for their investors inheritors anyways.

Really George  ?    :o   
CARPE DIEM

KAWASAKI VERSYS 650

Offline MotoWojo

« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2020, 11:59:01 AM »

Small gifts: risers & aftermarket FoBo Bike 2 TPMS sensors..

l.u.v. - Just came across this post from April and I was wondering if you could tell me where you got this valve stem? 

Thanks,

MotoWojo
MotoWojo
Madison, WI
ZG1000-A1 - The original silverdammit
2011 C-14 - Atomic Sliver (now with more silver)

Offline l.u.v

« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2020, 02:14:48 PM »
I was wondering if you could tell me where you got this valve stem? 
Sure, I bought them with the all system of aftermarket TPMS Sensors - Fobo Bike. You can buy separate, but T valve are designated for the sensor mount on the top, as you seen on the picture. The scope is do not remove the secured sensor each time you add air into tyre.

You can check the bottom link
https://my-fobo.com/Product/FM2410

Offline l.u.v

« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2020, 12:05:34 PM »
I mounted today brushed aluminium tacho rings 😏

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2020, 02:39:10 PM »
Looks good!