Author Topic: What did you do to your Concours today?  (Read 852698 times)

Offline tomp

Re: What did you do to your Concours today?
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2014, 07:18:26 AM »
:rotflmao:

Well, she started it, and I'm just trying to keep things straight, and assist where I can...
Living in the Texas Coast...

Offline 1jeep

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2014, 07:23:03 AM »
sailor chic...$8 a qt is about what i pay at autozone for syn motorcycle oil, which i believe is average. As for the FOB, most likely a 15 minute job but they are going to charge you a full hour regardless. My wife took her car to caddilac for brakes, they told her $620 and a half day! I did them for $117 in parts and took less than an hour. But i am not paying for a building or staff like they do as they are a business.

sailor_chic

« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2014, 07:28:58 AM »
The quote for oil was for non-synthetic type. If it was syn, I would understand the price.

Riding around the lake will be about a 200 mile ride for me. I do it a few times a year. I running out of places to ride in this part of Florida, so I have to repeat my day trips

Pictures... I dont want to get banned from here, so I will abstain form posting them. However if you need a visual, I have a big chest.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2014, 07:33:09 AM »
A dealer can of course charge whatever it wants for services rendered. That said, it seems pretty common that programming a bike to recognize a new fob or TPS sensor a fee of 1/2 hour labor is used. A full hour does seem to be a bit too much to me also.

I do not know how much it happens now but back a while, it was also common for dealers to have to fumble through their first few uses of KDS to program bikes- a reasonable dealer will NOT try to charge a customer for their learning curve. That is on them IMO.

Brian

My Stebel horn arrived yesterday, so I installed it. This was by no means an easy project. The "extra" or available space on these bikes is quite minimal. Also installed a radiator guard.
Today is going to be a ride. Im thinking about riding around Lake Okeechobee.

Question... Is there any one in South Florida that has a computer and software that can program a key fob?  I went to my local stealership yesterday and ordered a spare one. They charged me full retail for this fob and then they wanted to charge me $8/qt for Kawasaki oil. OUCH! Then the service dept told me that it was a bunch of data input to program the fob and that it would be an hours labor charge. I believe that this was lies! As I walked out of the place shaking my head, from the horrible experience that I just endured at the parts counter and service desk, I told myself that I would NOT give this establishment anymore of my business. I'm thinking that the blonde hair and boobs is a signal to salespeople that I am an idiot?

Nicole
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Conrad

« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2014, 07:36:23 AM »
snip...

Pictures... I dont want to get banned from here, so I will abstain form posting them. However if you need a visual, I have a big chest.

Why would you be banned for posting a pic?  ???

There's a spot for that sort of thing you know?

http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=3738.325
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2014, 07:42:05 AM »
 ;D   My reputation precedes me?  I certainly hope not.

Rest assured one won't get banned for posting in the wrong place or posting of pictures.  I may cut off a head or two, but banning....not so much.

"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline tomp

« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2014, 07:46:30 AM »
The quote for oil was for non-synthetic type. If it was syn, I would understand the price.

Riding around the lake will be about a 200 mile ride for me. I do it a few times a year. I running out of places to ride in this part of Florida, so I have to repeat my day trips

That is high for a qt of dino oil.   I thought it was a longer distance around the lake, but havent been there in over 50 years, now. 
As far as it goes, ALL men become idiots in the presence of big (or even small) chests.  We can't help it...Just messin' with ya.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2014, 07:56:21 AM »
And let's keep physical characteristics out of the equation...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2014, 07:59:17 AM »
And let's keep physical characteristics out of the equation...

But but, she started it!    :P
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

sailor_chic

« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2014, 08:02:03 AM »
Oh, blame it on the woman, lol!

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2014, 10:15:45 AM »

Don't care.  My mind (what little of it is left) is made up.

Offline tomp

« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2014, 10:30:00 AM »
OK...  When is you trip to Ohio?  Is the weather cooling there yet? Spoke to a CS lady up there last week and she said it was really still hot there.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2014, 11:00:02 AM »
Leaving tomorrow morning..will arrive in Dayton tomorrow evening.  I'll probably get wet with that front coming through, though.

Offline tomp

« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2014, 12:29:54 PM »
Have a safe and enjoyable time, Jim.  Watch for LEO's, being on such a "fun to ride fast" motorcycle...tp

Offline JerBear

« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2014, 03:37:11 PM »
Changed my rear tire back to a PR2 (from a PR3) and greased the drive shaft splines.  Found out that from the factory the rubber seal in the top of the shaft cover was not installed correctly and the front 1/2 inch or so was shredded from the drive shaft universal joint.  When I took the cover off I found powdered rubber all around the inside of the cover.

I tried the "Patented Zip Tie" method for removing the tire.  It worked well and just required a grunt or two from my ample frame to get the old one off.  I struggled until I used some soapy water for lube and them it slid right off.
2008 C14 Non-ABS

Offline Justin726

« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2014, 04:18:23 PM »
Just got off the phone with Seth Laam trying to get the ball rolling on fixing the stock seat.  Plus, my TechSpec tank pads showed up today.   8)
2010 Concours

sailor_chic

« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2014, 08:11:42 PM »

Just got off the phone with Seth Laam trying to get the ball rolling on fixing the stock seat.  Plus, my TechSpec tank pads showed up today.   8)
You will love your seat! I just put mine on and really an pleased with it

I lied, I put 255 miles on mine today :)

Offline tomp

« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2014, 08:33:31 PM »
Glad you got to ride today,  I rode probably 5 miles.  Suppose to rain here for the next 10+ days.  May have to live vicariously through others this next week and more. tom 

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2014, 02:38:35 AM »
Packed to the gunnels and riding into WV and Ohio.

sailor_chic

« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2014, 06:28:00 AM »
Ride safe Jim