Author Topic: Rostra Break Relay Question  (Read 2715 times)

Offline marku8a

Rostra Break Relay Question
« on: May 19, 2012, 04:37:17 PM »
I am getting ready to start my Rostra CC installation. I decided to fit check the Rostra break relay and wire harness that I received from Murph. The connector was on so darn tight that when I tried to remove it, I yanked the guts of the relay out of the housing. I was trying to be very careful by separating the connector & relay by using a large flat blade screwdriver to pry between the connector and relay housing. It wasn't like just pulled on the wires or connector. In fact I considered just leaving them connected except I couldn't read the terminal designations.

I could probably get away with just gluing mine back together but I would prefer to use an undamaged unit. So my question is, are these available at auto supply stores? I understand that a headlight relay will not work. Does some one know what the application is for the "Murph" Relay. I would like to by one locally to get going on the project.

Mark
2009 C14 Red
Fly_ectomy, K&N Filter, Oxford Heated Grips, PC V, Full Area P Exhaust
How far can a person run into a forest?

Flathead

Re: Rostra Break Relay Question
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2012, 05:04:33 PM »
Nothing special, should be available at most auto parts stores... Here is an autozone example: http://www.autozone.com/autozone/accessories/Santech-5-pin-universal-double-pole-single-throw-relay/_/N-2659?itemIdentifier=946083_0_0_

Offline marku8a

Re: Rostra Break Relay Question
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2012, 11:15:05 AM »
Nothing special, should be available at most auto parts stores... Here is an autozone example: http://www.autozone.com/autozone/accessories/Santech-5-pin-universal-double-pole-single-throw-relay/_/N-2659?itemIdentifier=946083_0_0_

Thanks for the tip Flathead. I will go get one of those.

Mark
2009 C14 Red
Fly_ectomy, K&N Filter, Oxford Heated Grips, PC V, Full Area P Exhaust
How far can a person run into a forest?