Author Topic: What are you listening to RIGHT NOW?  (Read 247448 times)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: What are you listening to RIGHT NOW?
« Reply #940 on: September 18, 2015, 01:15:32 AM »
Insomnia is a bitch.

Yeah, but hypersomnia sucks too.  (Fell asleep on the floor again, woke 30 min ago so washed face, brushed teeth, checked computer... trying to get to bed before I fall asleep in chair).
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #941 on: September 18, 2015, 01:27:16 AM »
Yeah, I hear ya'- so many flaws in the human condition :-)

But in keeping with the spirit: The Rolling Stones: You can't always get what you want.

Brian

Yeah, but hypersomnia sucks too.  (Fell asleep on the floor again, woke 30 min ago so washed face, brushed teeth, checked computer... trying to get to bed before I fall asleep in chair).
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 01:58:58 AM by B.D.F. »
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #942 on: September 18, 2015, 01:36:20 AM »
Sheryl Crow cover of 'The first cut is the deepest'. Originally written and performed by Cat Stevens, a supremely talented individual IMO. He converted to Islam and took the name Yusuf Islam but still, it does not impact his initial abilities IMO. Again, no matter his current situation but he is a truly talented individual IMO.

Brian
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #943 on: September 18, 2015, 01:37:28 AM »
Sting- Desert Rose.

Brian

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #944 on: September 18, 2015, 01:46:27 AM »
Sting- The Shape of my Heart. An outstanding rendition IMO.

Brian

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #945 on: September 18, 2015, 01:52:30 AM »
The Police- Roxanne. I used to think this was a joke, especially when Eddie Murphy imitated it but after 20 year or so, I appreciate it for what it is....an open interpretation.

Brian

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #946 on: September 18, 2015, 01:58:02 AM »
Last one- I promise: The Who: Behind Blue Eyes.

Brian

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #947 on: September 18, 2015, 02:00:06 AM »

I'm in phase shift mode.... I can't sleep till 4am anymore.....it sucz, I used to fall asleep at 9 on the couch, when I was working....

BDF is on an all nighter....wooo hoooooo :D 8)

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #948 on: September 18, 2015, 02:13:40 AM »
I'm in phase shift mode.... I can't sleep till 4am anymore.....it sucz, I used to fall asleep at 9 on the couch, when I was working....

Yep.  At about 9 through 10 I am in great danger of falling asleep doing just about anything.  Sometimes it happens so fast I don't even know it is coming.  I can wake spontaneously anywhere from 10 minutes to several hours later.   It is extremely dangerous for me with driving for more than 20 minutes anytime after late afternoon.  And those are only times I will consume caffeine; which is apparently extremely effective and can last around 5-6 hours.

He promised the last one.  I am nodding off again... running to bed.   (And soon enough, the alarm will go off at 7:15am, where I will toss and turn and possibly oversleep :(  )
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Conrad

« Reply #949 on: September 18, 2015, 04:41:48 AM »
Sheryl Crow cover of 'The first cut is the deepest'. Originally written and performed by Cat Stevens, a supremely talented individual IMO. He converted to Islam and took the name Yusuf Islam but still, it does not impact his initial abilities IMO. Again, no matter his current situation but he is a truly talented individual IMO.

Brian

:thumbs:
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #950 on: September 18, 2015, 06:59:02 AM »
Yeah, I was riding the wave of stress..... All better now, watching gentlemen cutting down some pesky maple trees in the back yard....

Brian

Offline jettawreck

« Reply #951 on: September 18, 2015, 08:42:39 AM »

That must make a lot of things "interesting". Like riding the bike, driving, etc???
This street bike thing is all new to me.
Snowmobiles-I have a bunch of those.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #952 on: September 18, 2015, 03:36:18 PM »
That must make a lot of things "interesting". Like riding the bike, driving, etc???

VERY scary stuff.  I have to be extra careful and I carry caffeine pills with me to take if I am under certain conditions.  More than once I started slipping into what might be considered narcoleptic mode on the bike.

Oh, right now listening to Van Morrison, Moondance.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #953 on: September 18, 2015, 04:07:39 PM »
My son and I are 'test drinking' some mid- value Scotches, comparing notes and getting a big kick out of how different we find the same product. He prefers Glenlevit (12, 15 or 18) while I find it (at least the 12 Y.O.) tough to choke down. I really, really like Haig's Dimple Pinch, Jared tried it and could not get through a small bottle- but his wife drank it and she does NOT like Scotch- go figure. My current favorite is Balvenie Double Wood (a 12 Y.O., aged in charred oak casks for most of that time, then transferred to used sherry casks for the 'finish'). Really nice stuff IMO. And in third place, I currently have.... wait for it.... yep, Old Smuggler! I think it is aged for about four minutes (joke: to be called Scotch it must be aged 3 years minimum but I bet at the last second of that time this stuff was getting the bung pulled from the cask....) and comes in a genuine glass bottle made of.... plastic! No kidding- it is about the cheapest, rot- gut Scotch I have ever seen and yet it is not only not terrible, I find it actually pretty good.

Back ONTOPIC: I am listening to the air conditioner run :-(

Brian

I don't always drink whisky but when I do I prefer Laphroaig 18

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #954 on: September 18, 2015, 04:14:09 PM »
You missed a few 'easy boys' in that post be I guess it can be excused since it's family.  :rotflmao:

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #955 on: September 18, 2015, 06:48:39 PM »
This one time my BIL (my wife's brother) was visiting from out- of- state. One night during the visit we had calzones (probably a local term but kinda' like a pizza but the entire outside is dough and it is eaten like a sandwich (grinder, hoagy, sub sandwich, et. al)) for dinner, and there were two: a really big one and a really, really extra- big one. My wife asked him which one he wanted and he said "I think I can choke down the big one."

Now this is going to surprise some of you who may know me a bit because it is so out- of- character but..... I never let him or my wife forget that one. In the Home- Lowes buying a container of drywall screws?.... I holler out "Hey, think you can choke down the big [box, can, container, whatever]?". At Wally World buying groceries and wondering how much hamburger to buy? "Hey, later on, you're gonna' wanna' choke down the big one, right?". At the motorcycle store looking at tires? "Hey, think the bike can choke down the big one?".  Oh yeah, the gift that keeps on giving....

:rotflmao:

So I throw some stuff out there once in a while for someone to work with. You know, providing a little potential humorous material back at the world that has provided so very much of it to me. ;)

And I am being careful not to over- use the Easy Boys! 'cause there is always the danger of overdoing humor. I certainly do not subscribe to the theory that 'Nothing exceeds like excess'.

Back to the listening part: As I said, I tripped over 'Time is on my side' by the 'Stones. That song is used throughout the movie 'Fallen', and it was used to mark 'the evil entity', which moved from person to person throughout the movie. One of the stars was John Goodman back in he olden' days when he was a pretty meaty guy (Easy Boys!) and when he became 'the evil entity', he hums (Boys!) or whistles the song and as he is walking along, he does an unbelievably fantastic physical impression of Mick Jagger, doing the strut walk with his head projected out and bobbing. So John Goodman, a man large enough to have his own zip code, does a great Jagger, a guy who is pretty close to two- dimensional he is so thin. So now I chuckle every single time I hear that song and have been doing so for twenty years or so now 'cause of that caricature.  :-)

Brian

You missed a few 'easy boys' in that post be I guess it can be excused since it's family.  :rotflmao:

Offline rhhall

• Arena
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #956 on: September 18, 2015, 08:44:25 PM »
"Fallen" is a great flick.
rick
08 Connie ABS(totaled)
14 Connie

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #957 on: September 19, 2015, 11:44:43 AM »
Yep, and you never see the ending coming- well, the last two twists and then the ending. Well written, excellent performances all around I think.

Brian

"Fallen" is a great flick.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #958 on: September 19, 2015, 05:26:05 PM »
bastich....

now I have to go see if its on Netfilx....
I hate you....

oh, I drink good bourbon, love the stuff... always neat...
been buying Benchmark No. 8 for almost a year now... super cheap, awsome flavor... made by Buffalo Trace, same distillery as Pappy Van Winkle... the best in the world...

bought a bottle of cheaper schmeck yesterday, because they have been out of  my fav.... Beam's 8 Star.... yechhhhhhhh.
75% neutral spirits, 25% straight whisky..... 10% enjoyment... blechhhhh

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #959 on: September 19, 2015, 05:49:37 PM »
Well, now this thread has reached the proverbial bottom (Easy Boys! not THAT bottom): two old- timer forum members, talking about what they prefer to get drunk on.... :-)

But seriously: rent Fallen and if you do not like it, I will refund your money up to $10. It is not an action, 'shoot 'em up flick' nor is it fast but rather plotting and building (notice I did not say 'plodding') up to a great conclusion, and the journey is excellent as well. Great cast too, even the one you never see :-)  Hey, it is not 'Unforgiven', but what is? Brian and Siskel and Ebert, without having consulted with Siskel or Ebert, give it an 8.8 or maybe even a 9.0. Maybe even a tad more. Unforgiven is as close to a 10 as I have ever seen for the simple reason I cannot find a single flaw anywhere in the film (even the 'oops' of the snow on the ground was a spring / summer freak of a storm that actually occurred on the set in Canada during filming).

Brian

bastich....

now I have to go see if its on Netfilx....
I hate you....

oh, I drink good bourbon, love the stuff... always neat...
been buying Benchmark No. 8 for almost a year now... super cheap, awsome flavor... made by Buffalo Trace, same distillery as Pappy Van Winkle... the best in the world...

bought a bottle of cheaper schmeck yesterday, because they have been out of  my fav.... Beam's 8 Star.... yechhhhhhhh.
75% neutral spirits, 25% straight whisky..... 10% enjoyment... blechhhhh