Author Topic: That pesky low fuel warning and the disappearance of the range function.  (Read 156252 times)

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
26 May UPDATE: Now have some back in stock! They can be ordered via my website (www.Incontrolne.com) if shipping inside the US, or contact me directly via my e-mail (at the top / left hand corner of this page) and I will send you an invoice if shipping outside the US.

Thanks for your patience- it has been an uphill struggle getting to these things.

Brian
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline B.D.F.

To my non- US customers and potential customers: shipping prices have recently dropped dramatically. I have no idea why this is but what was a common price to ship to many parts of the world overseas was in the $20 to $30 (US) range, which was frankly ridiculous. These were the prices actually charged me to ship my products; I do not tack on any extra for shipping. And of course, a shipping charge of $30 was quite substantial on a $50 retail cost product.

I just got a price to ship to Australia and it was $8 (US) which includes both actual shipping charges as well as exchange rate surcharges. Shipping to Canada has been $5 (US) recently.

I just wanted to let the folks outside the US know that my products are now a lot more reasonable to purchase due to a dramatic decrease in shipping costs.

Brian
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Mark B

Thanks for the kind words and glad to hear you like the product.

And now we all know that the range indicator will not read in the negative range. :-)

Brian
Hello Brian
I was wondering if the Kipass bypass is still available?
 Mine just crapped out.
Thanks
mARK

Offline B.D.F.

Yes but I am out of stock and nursing a shoulder injury- I cannot assembly any at the moment. Check back in a few (4 to 6) weeks and I <should> have some.

Also working on the website to fix various broken links and provide some more info. about the products.

Brian

Hello Brian
I was wondering if the Kipass bypass is still available?
 Mine just crapped out.
Thanks
mARK

Offline Mark B

Thanks Brian.
I hope you get well soon.

Offline blue72beetle

Do you have the low fuel eliminators available?

Offline B.D.F.

Thanks. The should is much better and continues to improve but it has been such a long road that for a while I was convinced it was not and never would heal. But slowly (over six months now) the discomfort has lessened and the range of motion has improved.

Then again, I have found what is apparently a very good physical therapy routine- lots of shooting followed by lots of reloading. Hey, not my fault the most effective P.T. is a prime pastime of mine, right?

;D :thumbs:

Brian

Thanks Brian.
I hope you get well soon.

Offline B.D.F.

Yes. The web link is down though so I have been selling them directly through PayPal. Shoot me an email (top left of this page I believe) and I will respond.

Brian

Do you have the low fuel eliminators available?

Offline olie

...any bypass for the TPMS "Low Battery" flashing ???
13 Blue Connie, 8/4/2013
16 Green Versys 1k
11 Red Vette

Offline B.D.F.

That one is quite a bit more difficult to interrupt / alter. It could be done but it would be prohibitively expensive.

You can turn it off manually though using this sequence:
Press and hold the top button on the dash
Press and release the bottom button
Release the top button.

This will clear the warning and turn on the red LED on the left hand side of the dash (the general 'warning' light). And you have to do it for every error (twice if both tire pressure sensors are showing low battery, for example) and every time the ignition is turned on. Not slick but at least you can get rid of that flashing LCD screen.

Brian

...any bypass for the TPMS "Low Battery" flashing ???

Offline Facewest

Re: That pesky low fuel warning and the disappearance of the range function.
« Reply #170 on: September 11, 2020, 10:02:03 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxEws2x2KCU

I made a youtube video to illustrate installation. Even running a Canon Camcorder it took about 35 minutes. Quality of the harness is a 10.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #171 on: September 11, 2020, 10:13:53 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxEws2x2KCU

I made a youtube video to illustrate installation. Even running a Canon Camcorder it took about 35 minutes. Quality of the harness is a 10.

The video has unspoken qualities.  It left me speechless.  There are no words that describe it.  Recommending it to help with installation would be the voice of reason.  What else can I say?

:)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Facewest

« Reply #172 on: September 12, 2020, 06:59:54 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFyzunUWz5E&t=69s 

Here is an updated video shot September 11 2020

Offline maverick9611

• "tryin not to get old"

Offline maverick9611

• "tryin not to get old"
« Reply #174 on: January 13, 2021, 05:58:18 AM »
The video has unspoken qualities.  It left me speechless.  There are no words that describe it.  Recommending it to help with installation would be the voice of reason.  What else can I say?

:)
this vid is now unavailable/error

Offline Boomer

• Wickford, UK
    • Boomers GTR Site
George "Boomer" Garratt
Wickford, UK

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #176 on: January 13, 2021, 12:15:24 PM »
Thanks, Boomer.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Danger4u2

« Reply #177 on: February 23, 2022, 04:44:55 PM »
Are you making the low fuel bypass wiring kits again?  I would like to buy one.
KX500 is Danger4u2

Offline zrx mitch

« Reply #178 on: February 23, 2022, 05:15:53 PM »
I need one also.
IBA #18591

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #179 on: February 24, 2022, 04:51:07 AM »
Give it a few days and see if he responds.  If not you should be able to contact him via PM or the email link on his profile.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.