Author Topic: F/S: 2008 Kawasaki Concours 14 non-ABS  (Read 5698 times)

Offline nacademus

F/S: 2008 Kawasaki Concours 14 non-ABS
« on: August 30, 2016, 12:13:31 PM »
Location-Northeast Ohio (44052)

I regretfully decided to sell one of my favorite things, my motorcycle. This is the NON-ABS model.

This motorcycle is well-maintained and taken care of. Cosmetically, there are a couple boot scuffs on the pannier covers as well as some scuffs on the side fairing and mirror from a tip-over while on the kickstand. It is minor.

It has been properly stored during winters and adult ridden. Coolant, differential oil, engine oil, brake/clutch fluid, drive-shaft splines, steering stem bearings etc. cleaned/changed and maintained. Only the best quality components were used for maintenance.
It has 18591 miles and will continue to go up. I will continue to ride this bike while it is listed for sale.

The equipment/extras on this bike includes (in no particular order-and I'm sure I'll miss some things):

Michelin Pilot Road 3 front and rear tires- I'd guess 90% tread left.
New EBC Double-H Sintered Brake Pads- both fronts and rear.
K&N Air Filter (have stock paper filter on shelf)
TechSpec Snake Skin Grip pad kit
Murph's Kits Handlebar Risers
Murph's Kits Fender Extender
Murph's Kits "Bearinged Up" Shifter Kit
Tamper Resistant Kawasaki Oil Cap (uses special tool to open)-Have stock, too.
Tamper Resistant Kawasaki Differential Oil Cap (ditto as above)-also have stock.
All bleeders are Speed Bleeders (clutch master, slave, front brake master, all 3 calipers, rear master)-have all stock bleeders somewhere.
Signal Dynamics rear brake modulator for safety-can be removed.
Real Time Industries reflective safety decal kit (is black until illuminated, then it reflects white-I'm really big on visibility safety)
All master and slave cylinders were rebuilt with new factory kits-I was bored over winter and had a leaky clutch slave and figured I should do all of them.
Sargent World Sport Performance seat. It is one-inch lower than factory seat. Also have factory seat.
Delkevic Oval CF exhaust WITH silencer insert. Also have stock exhaust
Cee Baileys Ultra Tour Domed Shield windscreen. Factory also included
Concours 14 Factory Accessory Hot Wings kit.
Aftermarket C14 Heat-shield kit (heat deflectors)
4300K Bi-xenon HIDs (Hi/Lo)
LED accessory driving lights wired to waterproof SPST push-button switch
RAM Ball accessory mount system with 3" arm (used for GPS-Garmin Nuvi 52LM in Ram cradle)
Gold Plug magnetic oil drain plug
Gold Plug magnetic differential drain plug
Brand NEW (1 month old) Deka EXT14 AGM battery tapped for easy maintainer connection.
MSR Auxiliary fuel bottle and storage for emergencies
Throttlemeister Throttle Lock kit (have stock bar-end weights as well)
Grip Puppy handle-grip covers
Eastern Beaver PC8 power distribution panel (fuse block-ready to provide power to accessories like heated gear, radio, and navigation) This may or may not go with the bike.
G2 Throttle Tamer-stock throttle tube included.
etc.

All extras I have go WITH the bike unless explicitly stated otherwise.

Reduced!
$5900-free and clear title. This bike is ready to go. I am open to reasonable offers.

Thank you.

« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 07:52:35 PM by nacademus »

Offline nacademus

Re: F/S: 2008 Kawasaki Concours 14 non-ABS
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2016, 12:50:58 PM »
Bump.

Thank you.

Offline nacademus

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2016, 01:16:25 PM »
Bump
Reduced price.
$6200

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2016, 02:22:35 PM »
Best of luck on your sale, I'm over on the other side of Cleveland 44077

If you have someone interested that needs an opinion, id be happy to roll over there and take a look for them, having owned my 08 since 7-7-07 I pretty much know the things people may ask,

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline nacademus

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2016, 08:45:12 PM »
Best of luck on your sale, I'm over on the other side of Cleveland 44077

If you have someone interested that needs an opinion, id be happy to roll over there and take a look for them, having owned my 08 since 7-7-07 I pretty much know the things people may ask,

I appreciate it!  I sold my 09 KLR to an east-sider that had a 14, too.  His talking about it convinced me I had to have one!

Thanks for offering to help with the sale!

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2016, 01:03:18 PM »
I would take off the goodies and sell separate. Then you could lower the price and move it quick.
Best of luck with the sale. 8)
The grass isn't always greener.

Offline nacademus

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2016, 08:24:58 AM »
You're probably right.   I just figured I would rather get it all out of here in one fell swoop.   I would hear reasonable offers.  Now really isn't the best time to move motorcycles here in the midwest...

Offline nacademus

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2016, 07:53:47 PM »
Bump.

I will let it go for $5900 just to sell it quickly.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2016, 04:56:47 PM »
Bump.

I will let it go for $5900 just to sell it quickly.

I really hope to see this bike bought locally, it has all the farkles anyone would have added, and the price as it sits, loaded as it is, is very reasonable... the bike is barely broken in....
Kinda bums me out seeing it sit as it is, if I didn't have an '08 in my garage right now, it would have been snatched up for sure...
We don't have a lot of COG members here in Ohio, but the ones we have are very concious of this stuff..

I'll be honest, I don't have 1/8 the add ons you have, and still wouldn't let mine go for that low of a price... stick to your price man, it will sell.... I'll post something up for a link to the local inmates on ADV... maybe you will get a bite,

Edit... posted... hope you get some responses... shoot me your phone number via p/m, and if anyone responds to me, I'll call you and hook you up.

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline nacademus

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2016, 12:27:58 PM »
I really hope to see this bike bought locally, it has all the farkles anyone would have added, and the price as it sits, loaded as it is, is very reasonable... the bike is barely broken in....
Kinda bums me out seeing it sit as it is, if I didn't have an '08 in my garage right now, it would have been snatched up for sure...
We don't have a lot of COG members here in Ohio, but the ones we have are very concious of this stuff..

I'll be honest, I don't have 1/8 the add ons you have, and still wouldn't let mine go for that low of a price... stick to your price man, it will sell.... I'll post something up for a link to the local inmates on ADV... maybe you will get a bite,

Edit... posted... hope you get some responses... shoot me your phone number via p/m, and if anyone responds to me, I'll call you and hook you up.

Thanks for the kind words.

I might remove the extras before winter sets in and offer them for sale.  I have been holding out on removing them in hopes to sell the bike as one piece.  I like to store some of my equipment over winter at a relative's house since my snow blower takes a good portion of my available space when I remove it from the shed.  That time is fast approaching and would love to not have to pickle the bike or show it from that location to sell it.

I also have a project 1967 CL160 I need to move out for the space.  Its coming down to crunch time...

Here is the local Craigslist ad.  It has relevant infomation.  If anyone has a question/gripe/etc, I am all ears.

https://cleveland.craigslist.org/mcy/5806755578.html

Offline srech77

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2016, 01:02:17 PM »
Hello sir - any chance you'd be willing to sell me your auxiliary light setup? If not, maybe you can send me some links for where you got everything.. lights, mounts, wiring, switch. Thanks - also, that bike is a steal with all those add-ons. Someone will get a properly equipped Connie for peanuts -

406-598-0658
srech77@gmail.com

Offline nacademus

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2016, 09:00:55 AM »
Hello sir - any chance you'd be willing to sell me your auxiliary light setup? If not, maybe you can send me some links for where you got everything.. lights, mounts, wiring, switch. Thanks - also, that bike is a steal with all those add-ons. Someone will get a properly equipped Connie for peanuts -

406-598-0658
srech77@gmail.com

I PMed you.

Offline srech77

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2016, 07:53:12 PM »

I PMed you.

Received and responded back. Thanks!