Author Topic: Top Block Racing - side sliders and tip over protection  (Read 72756 times)

Offline marku8a

Re: Top Block Racing - side sliders and tip over protection
« Reply #80 on: March 17, 2012, 06:42:19 PM »

Nope, just commercial@top-block.com

Got it. I gave it another shot. I included her name in the subject line this time. Keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks for the help ZG.

Mark
2009 C14 Red
Fly_ectomy, K&N Filter, Oxford Heated Grips, PC V, Full Area P Exhaust
How far can a person run into a forest?

Offline wally_games

• Arena
« Reply #81 on: March 17, 2012, 09:11:25 PM »
If the TB protection looked as nice, and followed the lines of the bike as nicely as they did for the '08-'09, I'd be all over them. They just don't look nearly as good on the '10+.  :'(
'14 BMW 1200 GSw (red, what little there is that's not grey)
'11 Concours ABS (black) w/ Leo Vince carbon, heated Corbin, Garmin; TechSpec pads (gone but not forgotten)
'05 Yamaha FZ6, only crashed once, gone in trade; '87 Honda Gold Wing Aspencade, sold; '85 Honda Magna (700), sold; '76 Kawasaki KZ400, sold

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #82 on: March 18, 2012, 06:28:43 AM »
If the TB protection looked as nice, and followed the lines of the bike as nicely as they did for the '08-'09, I'd be all over them. They just don't look nearly as good on the '10+.  :'(

I totally agree.  It looks like a totally different company designed them.....   totally.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline marku8a

« Reply #83 on: March 21, 2012, 10:22:47 PM »
Got it. I gave it another shot. I included her name in the subject line this time. Keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks for the help ZG.

Mark

Good news. Tatiana did contact me with the message that I can order via PayPal. I have no idea why my other messages didn't get their attention. At the current exchange rate, it's looking close to $700. I am going to go for it.

Mark
2009 C14 Red

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #84 on: March 21, 2012, 10:29:11 PM »
Good news. Tatiana did contact me with the message that I can order via PayPal. I have no idea why my other messages didn't get their attention. At the current exchange rate, it's looking close to $700. I am going to go for it.

Mark

Congrats Mark!  8) :thumbs:

Make sure to post up some pics when you get them installed!

Offline marku8a

« Reply #85 on: March 21, 2012, 10:32:00 PM »

Congrats Mark!  8) :thumbs:

Make sure to post up some pics when you get them installed!

Will do!
2009 C14 Red

Offline MajorTom

• Love to ride
« Reply #86 on: March 27, 2012, 10:46:32 PM »
Did anybody try to set up a group purchase from Top Block? Cause I just emailed her and I speak and write french.  Maybe we could negotiate something like the deal negotiated with MC Enterprises. Should we be able to save even 15%, that's $105. I will keep everyone informed cause I'd like to get some at a more reasonable price for my new 2012 to replace the GSG's I had on my 2008. Hate the fact that I would have to drill but Fred Harmon has a very good set of pictures  with the how to do it so I guess I could do the same.
Would anyone be interrested in purchasing the top block sliders on a group purchase if they are willing to go ahead with a group reduced price?
:feedback:
Love to ride my new 2012 Concours
Just traded in my 2008!

Offline MajorTom

• Love to ride
« Reply #87 on: March 27, 2012, 10:52:26 PM »
Would like to know from Fred or another person that has the TB installed on the 2008-09 or on the 2010-12 if it's easy to remove when you need to work under the fairing.
If someone knows that is also an important factor.
Love to ride my new 2012 Concours
Just traded in my 2008!

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #88 on: March 27, 2012, 10:52:52 PM »
Did anybody try to set up a group purchase from Top Block? Cause I just emailed her and I speak and write french.  Maybe we could negotiate something like the deal negotiated with MC Enterprises. Should we be able to save even 15%, that's $105. I will keep everyone informed cause I'd like to get some at a more reasonable price for my new 2012 to replace the GSG's I had on my 2008. Hate the fact that I would have to drill but Fred Harmon has a very good set of pictures  with the how to do it so I guess I could do the same.
Would anyone be interrested in purchasing the top block sliders on a group purchase if they are willing to go ahead with a group reduced price?
 :feedback:

I tried to gage interest on here for a group buy when I got mine Tom, but for the most part even at $100 savings they were still more $ than the majority of folks wanted to spend...  :(

Good luck with it though, I love mine!  8) :thumbs:

And to be honest if you're gonna drop the $ for em a $100 give or take wouldn't keep me from or motivate me to get em...  You either want em or you don't IMO.  ;)

Offline Makz58

« Reply #89 on: March 28, 2012, 04:44:36 PM »
I had enquired last year for ten sets sold they said they would give $30 dollar discount not enough in my mind so I dropped it. But if your up to it have a  go maybe things have changed some since.
When arguing with an idiot make sure he isn't.
C-14 2010

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #90 on: March 28, 2012, 11:11:26 PM »
* What is missing in this thread are some good pictures of the Top Block installed on a 2010+.

* It was mentioned that the design is different from the 2008/9 and "not as nice".   How are they different?

* Someone else mentioned there were installation instructions somewhere out there.  Where?  I just don't understand how these can be mounted without drilling holes in the fairing....
---- EDIT---
OOps, I answered some of my own questions from that OTHER forum search results:

http://www.pbase.com/fredharmon/topblock

Yep, the 2010+ version of the Top Block is much less attractive than the older model.  Yep, requires drilling.  They are really not making this an easy decision (not as attractive, way expensive, no USA dealer, extra fees and risk, drilling fairing)

Thanks for the link. Now I am wondering what the cost is if I buy them in France.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #91 on: March 29, 2012, 10:12:17 AM »
Thanks for the link. Now I am wondering what the cost is if I buy them in France.

I would think the cost would be the same, just no shipping cost...  :-\

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #92 on: March 29, 2012, 01:16:05 PM »

I would think the cost would be the same, just no shipping cost...  :-\

Well I went to a Kawi dealer here in Genoble today, 477 euros, or about $650. They had a '12 GTR1400 but no price tag. A ZXR1400 had a price tag with 15,699 euros or about $21,350!!! Zow!

Offline marku8a

« Reply #93 on: April 03, 2012, 09:33:24 PM »

Mark

So I sent my PayPal payment on March 23rd. I didn't hear a word from Top Block after that. I was starting to get a bit worried until the package arrived yesterday. Wow! that was really fast!! Eleven days including 2 weekends. I have done my fair share of international shipping and this is about the fastest I have seen.

On to the installation this weekend.

Mark
2009 C14 Red

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #94 on: April 03, 2012, 09:48:23 PM »
So I sent my PayPal payment on March 23rd. I didn't hear a word from Top Block after that. I was starting to get a bit worried until the package arrived yesterday. Wow! that was really fast!! Eleven days including 2 weekends. I have done my fair share of international shipping and this is about the fastest I have seen.

On to the installation this weekend.

Mark

Sweet! Congrats Mark!!  8) :thumbs:

Get those babies installed and show us some pics bro... 

Offline Makz58

« Reply #95 on: April 22, 2012, 03:23:17 PM »
I talked about my install in another thread....now posting pictures....they do not look bad at all in person pictures just don't tell the tale...then again beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.LOL They are a top quality product here's hoping I don't ever need them.  Looks llike ZG's did him good...Sorry pics are not the best cheap camera...Comtemplating turning the silver top plate into black but they do look OK in person.

When arguing with an idiot make sure he isn't.
C-14 2010

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #96 on: April 22, 2012, 03:35:23 PM »
Looks great bro, congrats!  8)

Here's to hoping you never need em, but if you ever do I know they work!  :-[ ;D :thumbs: :hail:

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #97 on: April 22, 2012, 05:15:02 PM »
Comtemplating turning the silver top plate into black

+1.    I am not sure why they would use a silver plate on the 2nd gen version.  Makes no sense.  I think in another thread someone was saying it might be possible to reverse the two sides, so you are turning them upside down with the black rubber facing up.  Does it look like that is a possibility?
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #98 on: April 22, 2012, 05:17:42 PM »
I think in another thread someone was saying it might be possible to reverse the two sides, so you are turning them upside down with the black rubber facing up.  Does it look like that is a possibility?

Nope, they look the same but they are side specific... I saw somebody powder coated or painted that silver plate on the 10+ version and it did look alot better IMO...

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #99 on: April 24, 2012, 09:56:32 PM »
And they work!!  :thumbs: :thumbs:

See this thread below for pics...  :o

http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=8315.0
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 11:38:30 PM by ZG »