Poll

Vote to be part of the KIPASS BYPASS MOD by BDF

Vote to be part of the buy....
100 (87.7%)
Don't press this button.......
14 (12.3%)

Total Members Voted: 114

Author Topic: KIPASS BYPASS Mod by BDF  (Read 191879 times)

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
Re: KIPASS BYPASS Mod by BDF
« Reply #100 on: March 24, 2012, 07:03:08 PM »
Thanks for the kind words. Most of the shipping speed is courtesy of the USPS.  ;)

The bypass only bypasses the activation switch, there is no practical (read: financially viable) way to bypass KiPass itself. The bike still needs a valid fob w/in range, either through the RF portion and a few feet away or by using the RFID portion which is inside the ignition switch housing. The bypass harness cannot be used to start any C-14 without a valid fob in range so it could not be used, for example, to steal a C-14 or start one that had already been stolen. Not to suggest anyone bought one for that purpose of course, I am merely pointing out that there is absolutely no risk that my bypass can be used in any illicit way on anyone's C-14.

Brian

I would guess ( not having installed mine yet) that you could take the FOB far away like it was dead and use the bypass to get her running...

PS received mine today lightening fast shipping. Thanks
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #101 on: March 24, 2012, 07:04:23 PM »
By holding the key down until the LCD display shuts down.

Brian

Hi,

Some of you may find this question ridiculous but i m wondering if your KIPASS is running fine, how do you test this harness ??

Thanks

at
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline BMahar

« Reply #102 on: March 26, 2012, 09:18:42 AM »
 Thanks Brian for making this by-pass available.
 Mine arrived and I installed it within a short time, thanks to your thorough instructions.
 I hope I never have to use it on my 2011 Black Concourse.
 Brent
2011 Concours ABS, Black

Offline mikeboileau

• Arena
  • It ain't easy bein cheesy....
« Reply #103 on: March 26, 2012, 01:18:56 PM »
Very interesting solution!

:chugbeer:

Offline Barry

• Arena
« Reply #104 on: April 19, 2012, 07:40:51 AM »
Sent an e-mail... definitely want one.  Nice solution to a potetially VERY big problem.  KIPASS adds no convenience or value, yet creates a huge single point of failure.  <shakes head>.
Tail of the Dragon at Deal's Gap... Avoid it now, do a trackday.

Area P full exhaust, PC-V, Autotune, filter, flys out.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #105 on: April 23, 2012, 04:58:58 AM »
There is apparently some confusion- some folks think they have 'ordered' a harness by voting in this poll. Unfortunately it does not work that way- the poll is not mine and I
have no idea or way to tell who voted. If anyone wants a harness that person should e-mail me directly.

My e-mail is the envelope icon directly under my avatar to the left of the screen.

To those who have already purchased a harness, thanks for buying them and, of course, thanks for the kind words about the harnesses.

Brian

Offline Conrad

« Reply #106 on: April 23, 2012, 05:17:33 AM »
There is apparently some confusion- some folks think they have 'ordered' a harness by voting in this poll. Unfortunately it does not work that way- the poll is not mine and I
have no idea or way to tell who voted. If anyone wants a harness that person should e-mail me directly.

My e-mail is the envelope icon directly under my avatar to the left of the screen.

To those who have already purchased a harness, thanks for buying them and, of course, thanks for the kind words about the harnesses.

Brian

Really? Some folks thought that they placed an order just by voting? Maybe those guys should park their bikes for a while. I think that the Connie might be too complicated for them, all those buttons and such, it's very confusing.    ::)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #107 on: April 23, 2012, 05:27:39 AM »
Down boy, down!
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #108 on: April 23, 2012, 09:22:16 AM »
Wow Conrad, are you really that cranky about the post or did the dog wet the carpet just before you stared typing?  ;D

I don't think they thought they actually placed the order but perhaps they thought they were beginning the process of buying one. I assume they thought they would be contacted, which is not really unreasonable if we assume it was my poll, and I had access to the voting list.  It is no big deal either way other than those folks who thought something should have happened before now.

Brian

Really? Some folks thought that they placed an order just by voting? Maybe those guys should park their bikes for a while. I think that the Connie might be too complicated for them, all those buttons and such, it's very confusing.    ::)

Offline Conrad

« Reply #109 on: April 23, 2012, 09:28:56 AM »
Monday morning and back to work after a great three day camping trip.

Color me cranky. 

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #110 on: April 23, 2012, 03:24:36 PM »
Ah, it happens <shrugs shoulders>.

Brian

Monday morning and back to work after a great three day camping trip.

Color me cranky.

Offline Necron99

• Arena
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #111 on: April 30, 2012, 06:30:53 AM »
a quick scan of Fred's video for removal, and that was an easy install.

Is there an easy way of re-popping those push rivets?  I got it from the backside, but felt like I was going to pierce my fingertip....
Do not go gentle into that good night.
-Dylan Thomas

2010 ZG1400 COG #9384

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #112 on: April 30, 2012, 11:35:33 AM »
Yep, those rivets are reusable.

To remove, push the center pin down about 1/8" below the rivet head height and the rivet will release.

To install, push the center pin out of the rivet body toward the direction of the rivet head (it will not continue down through the rivet body). Make sure the rivet petals are collapsed and install the rivet body, followed by installing the rivet pin until it is flush with the rivet head.

Some people just pull the rivet pin out of the body until it is about 1/8" above the rivet head (but still in the rivet) but I have not always been successful with that- removing the pin entirely makes reassembly easy.

Brian

a quick scan of Fred's video for removal, and that was an easy install.

Is there an easy way of re-popping those push rivets?  I got it from the backside, but felt like I was going to pierce my fingertip....

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #113 on: April 30, 2012, 11:37:54 AM »
I have some harnesses in stock, if anyone is interested drop an e-mail my way and you too can be the proud owner of a 'Reduced Angst' (TM) KiPass system.

Brian

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #114 on: April 30, 2012, 01:36:43 PM »
Hey, it certainly helped me improve my personality!
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #115 on: May 01, 2012, 05:10:03 AM »
Hey, it certainly helped me improve my personality!

Says who?

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #116 on: May 01, 2012, 05:22:24 AM »
The voices in my head.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #117 on: May 01, 2012, 05:26:35 AM »
The voices in my head.

In that case, carry on Sir Robin.

Offline Necron99

• Arena
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #118 on: May 13, 2012, 07:40:57 AM »
You have NO idea how DUMB I feel for not trying that.  LOL  Thanks!

Yep, those rivets are reusable.

To remove, push the center pin down about 1/8" below the rivet head height and the rivet will release.

To install, push the center pin out of the rivet body toward the direction of the rivet head (it will not continue down through the rivet body). Make sure the rivet petals are collapsed and install the rivet body, followed by installing the rivet pin until it is flush with the rivet head.

Some people just pull the rivet pin out of the body until it is about 1/8" above the rivet head (but still in the rivet) but I have not always been successful with that- removing the pin entirely makes reassembly easy.

Brian
Do not go gentle into that good night.
-Dylan Thomas

2010 ZG1400 COG #9384

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #119 on: May 14, 2012, 12:14:01 PM »
I would not feel dumb if I were you- those rivets are NOT self explanatory or intuitive. I didn't figure it out myself either, I picked it up somewhere; trust me, I would have pried them out and wiped out the rivet and possibly the plastic panels they held together if left to my own devices.

By the way, I took the coward's way out and cut the brake line guides off of the front fender. My thought was $6 or $8 per wheel removal would be worth it after playing with them for 20 minutes. Turns out you do not even need them.

Brian

You have NO idea how DUMB I feel for not trying that.  LOL  Thanks!