Author Topic: Hi, I am new here  (Read 2091 times)

Offline PlaynInPeoria

Hi, I am new here
« on: July 19, 2011, 08:40:20 AM »
Sorry, I should have done this sooner. 

My dear older brother has entirely drank the Connie KoolAid and now I have one, a fairly nice but poorly maintained red 2003 with about 19k on it and a nice Givi Maxia 52 L top trunk. Also a full electronic cruise, which I like!  I think this is bike 19 but I have lost count.  I am not a young man but still like to go fast, as indicated by the number of traffic tickets I have. I had an 03 Bandit which I bought new in 04 and put 47k on, recently got rid of it and moved WAY up in the world with a 2005 FZ1 last November, way more fun!  The PO was the ideal seller, he only put 5800 miles on the bike, he just washed it and farkled it very nicely. I have since doubled the miles. But with either of those, it's a passenger OR bags and with the Connie, it's a passenger AND bags. Still have the FZ1 but lately I have poured a lot of work and money into the new Connie. It's a nice bike. I have ridden my good buddy's 2010 C14 and it's as fast as my FZ1, but has ABS and bags. I watched him throw it down the road in Wisconsin in the rain ON A STRAIGHTAWAY about a month ago due to a front PR2 that was worn, he's reassembling it now. Wow, what a moment that was. Sparks and panic and worry that my friend was ok.

So hopefullly if my back improves a bit, I am taking a long ride, which I will report back on with pictures. 

I have already done business with 3 vendors on here, all of which were just as good as my brother promised.  I have also had some excellent help with a few issues.  It looks like my brother was right (again), this is a pretty nice place.

Thanks again.
2012 "root beer" C14 - unlinked brakes, reflash, LED headlights, Walmart orange city lights, LOUD horn, Laam seat, radar detector for ahem, reasons.
2013 Aprilia Tuono, 2009 CRF-150F

Offline snarf

• Arena
Re: Hi, I am new here
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 08:46:17 AM »
 :grouphug: :chugbeer: :grouphug: 
2002 Conc
1986 Conc "The spirit of COG"

"We did not become the men that we are because we were Sailors, soldiers or cops; we became Sailors, soldiers and cops because of the men we are."

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2011, 10:10:46 AM »
Welcome man.
I predict the C10 will become your primary and favorite bike within the year.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline Dan

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 10:12:26 AM »
c 10 is hard to beat, Wish I had a 7th gear for the h way....
 :)