Author Topic: Isle of Man  (Read 3065 times)

Offline ShadowJack

• Weirdo Freak
    • Motorcycle Touring
Isle of Man
« on: April 15, 2016, 07:55:49 AM »
Last year one of my girlfriend's cousins got married to a Swedish guy (she's Irish). As family is in multiple places around the world, she got married in the US, reception in Northern Ireland, second wedding/reception in Sweden, and a second reception in London before moving to Orlando (she want's to work at Disney).

For the wedding, we flew down to New Orleans, toured for a day and then headed up to the wedding before returning.

For the reception though, Jeanne (my girlfriend) wanted to go partly for the cousin but also to visit her sister in Northern Ireland.

We flew to Dublin and walked the city for 2 days before getting a car. Driving on the left was interesting to say the least. I actually clipped a bus with the mirror on the left side. But within a couple of days I had it down pretty well and we were tooling around Northern Ireland without much trouble.

After the reception, we headed up to Belfast and took a puddle jumper over to The Isle of Man. I wanted to go because the TT and just to wander around and check it out. The first night though, Jeanne surprised me with a 7 hour, one on one motorcycle tour of the island focusing on the TT. History, corners, plus lunch and other bits about the island. Honestly it was a total surprise and great fun.

From the Isle of Man we went to Scotland, took a tour of one of the scotch whiskey (I hope I did that right; I don't really drink) tours which was interesting and headed home.

Overall it was a great trip enhanced greatly by the Isle of Man special surprise.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
Re: Isle of Man
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2016, 07:58:25 AM »
She's a keeper!  :)
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline ShadowJack

• Weirdo Freak
    • Motorcycle Touring
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2016, 08:01:48 AM »
Heck yea! :)  (looks good in my hat too :D )

Offline kwakrider

• Black- 2009
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2016, 02:23:32 AM »
Excellent....definately a keeper!! Great when your partner also enjoys your passion!! Best of luck!!  :)

Offline Hiddenmickey

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2016, 03:06:57 PM »
What was the name of the company/contact info that did the IOM tour? 

Offline ShadowJack

• Weirdo Freak
    • Motorcycle Touring
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2016, 05:00:17 PM »
Motorcycle Adventures. http://www.motorcycleadventures.im

I was supplied with helmet, jacket, gloves, boots, and bike. He gave pointers, history, we stopped for lunch, all the interestins spots plus a run down to the bottom of the Isle.

Here are my pics:

http://schelin.org/gallery.php?id=442