Author Topic: Delkevic Exhaust Systems  (Read 2484 times)

Offline EddiE J.

Delkevic Exhaust Systems
« on: March 23, 2020, 02:08:10 AM »
After looking for a good used system I did some shopping for a new system . I found the best deal is  directly from Delkevic . Amazon is a ripoff charging the buyer taxes and fees to the seller .   
« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 02:39:43 AM by EddiE J. »

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: Delkevic Exhaust Systems
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2020, 05:36:12 AM »
Amazon is a ripoff charging the buyer taxes and fees to the seller .

I wouldn't call it a ripoff- they are a business and can't exist if they charged nothing to the seller (just like Ebay).  And you are supposed to pay your state taxes on merchandise sold, regardless (Amazon doesn't keep that money, it goes to your State).  Now, sometimes, sellers on Ebay have ripoff prices; I sometimes see pricing that is considerably more than other sites and stores, but that isn't typical (and very rare when it is Amazon doing the selling).  If it is a heavy item with "free" shipping, they just incorporate that into the pricing, so you have to take that into consideration.  Just saying...
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2020, 06:58:24 AM »
The rip off artists on ebay are the ones that have cheap pricing and crazy shipping.  I don't buy from those people at all.  Don't mind paying taxes and reasonable shipping rates.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline EddiE J.

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2020, 11:46:35 AM »
I just informed you on where to get a good deal ! 

If you want to pay more for the same item it is your choice !  as for amazon paying there fair share of taxes go do some research and you will find out .... if  amazon did  pay their fair share of  taxes .....California would not have roads and bridges that were  in  disrepair , lower gas taxes , lower sales tax  ...the list goes on ...  amazon would not have grown  so big and selling  cheap Chinese crap like Ebay  IF they paid taxes .   

JUST SAYING       

Offline EddiE J.

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2020, 12:05:37 PM »
 are you that foolish to believe amazon pays  taxes ?  WOW   

https://fortune.com/2019/02/14/amazon-doesnt-pay-federal-taxes-2019/

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2020, 03:44:57 PM »
as for amazon paying there fair share of taxes go do some research and you will find out .... if  amazon did  pay their fair share of  taxes ..

I think you are confusing sales tax with income/corporate tax.  Amazon collects sales taxes on what is sold, and they pay that to the States.  Just like all physical stores do.  No less, no more.  It is just a pass-through.

Income tax is what they pay on their income/profit, as required by law.  In 2017, Amazon paid close to $1 billion in income tax and $1.18 billion in 2018.  They also pay many other types of taxes (payroll taxes, state taxes, local taxes, etc).  But Amazon reinvests most its profits, it reduces its taxable profit to near zero (sometimes even negative).  By doing so, it is pumping that money back into capital purchases (which helps our economy).  Doing so is perfectly legal and normal; they are following the rules of the game, which are designed to help companies grow, become solvent and competitive, and help the economy.

A good description is here:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/stephaniedenning/2019/02/22/why-amazon-pays-no-corporate-taxes/#733b952854d5

So saying Amazon "doesn't pay taxes" is a gross oversimplification of a complex subject and skirts their contribution to the country, at large.  It might be we could change some tax laws, with various different effects, but Amazon isn't doing anything especially different than other companies, other than growing rapidly (which means they are spending a LOT of money, instead of giving it to shareholders), and they are not breaking the law.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline EddiE J.

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2020, 04:33:35 PM »
You just Can Not Fix Stupid 

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2020, 05:30:12 PM »
You just Can Not Fix Stupid

> Inflammatory statement
< Logical, reasoned response
> Double down + weak insult
< Logical, reasoned response
> Full, personal insult

Yeah, great exchange there.

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2020, 08:45:23 AM »
It's OK max', he was talking to his mirror.

Offline EddiE J.

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2020, 08:04:15 PM »
My Middle Finger Is Used When Words Aren't Enough For People To Understand That They're Annoying .

When a person sticks his 2 cents into everywhere including where it don't belong like a know it all , but can not accomplish anything beyond adding fuel to his bike without more drama than Gone with the  Wind ....... Is Pretty Pathetic and Annoying ! 

I bet A lot of Knowledgeable people before me has left or no longer post because of this !

I SAY IT LIKE IT IS !   

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2020, 10:09:34 PM »
My Middle Finger Is Used When Words Aren't Enough For People To Understand That They're Annoying .

That mirror, mentioned earlier, would come in handy about now.

When a person sticks his 2 cents into everywhere including where it don't belong like a know it all

You do have the option of ignoring posts you don't like.  You also have the option of rational discussion without personal attacks.  There are many options.  But when you flame about Amazon being expensive because they charge taxes and fees, don't assume your stance is correct.

"but can not accomplish anything beyond adding fuel to his bike without more drama than Gone with the  Wind"

Right, I have all the drama around here.

"....... Is Pretty Pathetic and Annoying !"

Let it all out, it can do wonders for your pent-up frustrations.  Nobody said that forums can't be a good substitute for professional therapy.  At least, entertaining for others.

"I bet A lot of Knowledgeable people before me has left or no longer post because of this !"

Perhaps.  Probably more people will leave due to personal attacks.  Some stay for both.  In any case, as far as knowledge goes, here are some notable quotes I like:

Knowledge will give you power, but character respect. -Bruce Lee

The best thing a human being can do is to help another human being know more. -Charlie Munger

Knowledge is power but only wisdom is liberty. -Will Durant

The more you know the less you understand. Lao Tzu

I SAY IT LIKE IT IS !

Everyone has an opinion.  Free speech is a good thing; polite speech is even better.

Offline FTB530

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2020, 10:24:44 PM »
I just informed you on where to get a good deal ! 

If you want to pay more for the same item it is your choice !  as for amazon paying there fair share of taxes go do some research and you will find out .... if  amazon did  pay their fair share of  taxes .....California would not have roads and bridges that were  in  disrepair , lower gas taxes , lower sales tax  ...the list goes on ...  amazon would not have grown  so big and selling  cheap Chinese crap like Ebay  IF they paid taxes .   

JUST SAYING       
If a California’s government would use the gas taxes for what it was earmarked for instead of using it for their general fund our highways,Streets and infrastructure would be in great shape!

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2020, 07:52:41 AM »
That's like many states who rob other funds...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2020, 03:31:31 PM »
Do I detect a bit of drift in this thread?  ::)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2020, 03:50:36 PM »
Do I detect a bit of drift in this thread?  ::)

Maybe, just a little

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2020, 07:10:41 AM »
Probably more than that which is why it got moved here..

Offline sport rider

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2020, 07:41:06 AM »
this virus **** has everyone's panties in a wad, huh?  perhaps more toilet paper is the answer.

As for the original post, always good to share deals that are found on the interwebs.

Resume......

Offline j_wahl91

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2020, 03:39:18 PM »
Damn, I should've made some popcorn for this.

Jokes aside, has anyone used the aforementioned exhaust? And if so, what are y'alls thoughts on it?

Offline zrx mitch

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2020, 05:27:39 PM »

Jokes aside, has anyone used the aforementioned exhaust? And if so, what are y'alls thoughts on it?

Posted some info early on in this and I now see that it has been deleted. If you're interested, send me a PM.

I don't repeat myself when I post something helpful and that is not inflammatory or in violation of the rules, only to find that it has been whacked.  :thumbdown
IBA #18591

Offline CDII

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2020, 09:56:07 AM »

I have the full Delkevic system on my '09. It loses torque on the bottom end vs stock header but makes more 6k & up.
It just depends how you ride. My wifey isn't happy with lots of throttle so I like the top end power when solo.

See Ivans dyno sheets for comparison.  Both he and Steve have flashes to compliment of course. 
http://www.ivansperformanceproducts.com/ZG1400.htm

Have fun!