Author Topic: Fender extender rubbing  (Read 1587 times)

Offline FIX UR CRITTER

Fender extender rubbing
« on: August 25, 2018, 03:03:10 PM »
Sorry if this is not posted in correct area. I posted below question this morning in an old post buried deep and was afraid no one would see it. I am pretty ignorant about forum edict currently.

Im sure someone can help me so i am posting here for ideas.

Going on a long trip soon and dont want to have to try and rip this thing off completely..

FYI- it is the super long unit, not murphs or pyramid

Hello
Looking for some help as to why this fender extender is rubbing my tire. I have already cut it down twice, it is now less than a quarter of original size  and is still rubbing. It "looks" to be installed according to instructions and pictures. I believe the bike is bone stock- forks at top of clamps.. tires are 120/70 mich PR3.. any advise on what to do..

I will add that it was bought a couple years ago and been sitting on a shelf waiting to be installed. But it does not looked warped- though installing it was no picnic as it did not line up perfectly.

PS. while im a nuub on forums, i am a somewhat experienced mechanic ( mostly auto)

any positive input appreciated.
Prevent a litter, Fix ur Critter
PLEASE neuter all your pets.. there are millions of starving strays that wish you did.
'08 C-14, '08 Bandit 1250
'08 SV650, '07 YZ250F

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: Fender extender rubbing
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2018, 03:26:20 PM »
Sorry if this is not posted in correct area. I posted below question this morning in an old post buried deep and was afraid no one would see it. I am pretty ignorant about forum edict currently.

Posting to an old thread of the same topic is perfectly fine, even preferable.  Any thread that is touched will pop up with "new" postings at the top of the topic list, regardless of how old it is, so everyone in that forum will see it.  However, you didn't post about fenders in THIS forum, but in the "Industry Merchants" forum.  Some (many?) will not follow that one (I don't, for example) so response might be limited.

Your post is here:  http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=128.msg295678#msg295678  and already has one reply :)

Being that is a part for a C14, this is a perfectly correct forum, however.   ;D

P.S.- I don't have any info about or experience with fender extenders...
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2018, 05:27:22 PM »
Never had any trouble with mine but it was from Murph.    I think there was an indent where it mated with the fender.  Does yours have that, Critter?
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2018, 05:28:25 PM »
Leave that one there, maybe Blue One will see it and respond. What we need in both threads is pictures.

Offline FIX UR CRITTER

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2018, 07:47:24 PM »
cut it again- it appear to be clearing by a few MM.. raining so can test. Took some pics and will work on learning my next forum skill. uploading pics..

thanks
Prevent a litter, Fix ur Critter
PLEASE neuter all your pets.. there are millions of starving strays that wish you did.
'08 C-14, '08 Bandit 1250
'08 SV650, '07 YZ250F

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2018, 12:59:34 PM »
I have the same extender, but I installed mine fairly quickly and no rubbing. It could be that it somehow warped during your extended storage time.
Assuming you removed the fender to install it, first thing I'd check is to make sure you re-installed the fender correctly. I know, how could it be put back wrong?
Well I've thought that about many things, and yet upon detailed inspection it turned out I was able to find a way. Seems all my natural creativity is focused in that area.  :'(

Good luck!

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2018, 03:41:13 PM »
I have a Murph extenda mounted, no issues ever, and just looked at Blue One's photos on the COG site, it looks to fit nice there also, I would suggest contacting Blue One directly, as waiting here, modifying, and asking others, doesn't get you much further in your quest of 'why it rubs'.

I'm sure he would accommodate and send you another one with no issue.

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..