Author Topic: Corpssgt took a spill today  (Read 15145 times)

Offline blanton

• Rural East TEXAS
Re: Corpssgt took a spill today
« Reply #60 on: July 03, 2011, 08:59:42 PM »
Corpssgt, I just returned from Push Mt.. I takes me 2 days to get there so I ride it several times. Each time feeling braver or maybe not as timid.  I kept your experance in mind as the day went on. Seeing the cuts in the payment was an other reminder of how close to going down is and how far from home it is. I don't know you but your honesty stuck with me and I thank you, I hope all the best for you...blanton
77 KZ900 (still riding) 05 C10, 2010 C14

Offline Corpssgt

« Reply #61 on: July 05, 2011, 10:18:33 AM »
Glad you had a fun and safe trip.  I really love that road.  Stay safe. 

Offline ManWorkinghere

• 2001 Kawasaki Concours ZG1000A
The Pace - good article; and beware of other riders 'off the pace'
« Reply #62 on: July 27, 2011, 10:09:50 AM »
This it?

http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/flashback/122_0911_the_pace_nick_ienatsch/index.html

First read it in 91, try to review it often to keep myself fresh.

http://www.sport-touring.net/forums/index.php/topic,65332.0/topicseen.html

Although you may be riding 'The Pace', always beware of other riders who are not...
after 2012 Rallybefore 2012 RallyCOG#9292:-)

Son of Pappy

« Reply #63 on: August 18, 2011, 04:07:46 PM »
Looking for an update?

Offline Corpssgt

« Reply #64 on: August 18, 2011, 05:58:30 PM »
Thanks for the.concern pappy. I had a full rotator repair done july 7th. Just started physical therapy last week.  Needless to say after not moving my arm sine June 12th its really sore. Knee is still not trustworthy but I can usually walk without much of a limp.  It's doing well enough to coach my 6 year olds flag football team but its taken awhile to learn to throw lefthanded. All estimates are i might be fully recovered around christmas. I should have about 85% of its original abilities. Still not sure if ill ever become as avid of a rider as I was but I can tell you I've never missed doing anything more. Everyone stay safe out there and remember to avoid those mental breaks.

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #65 on: August 18, 2011, 06:01:21 PM »
I am just glad that you are getting better and have the choice to decide if you want to ride again.  Take care bud.
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Excavator

« Reply #66 on: August 18, 2011, 06:03:45 PM »
Good to hear you're improving, if you decide to stay off bikes or get back on the important thing is that you are still here with us. Hope you heal quickly.

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #67 on: August 19, 2011, 06:31:44 AM »
Hey Trey, I tried calling a couple of weeks ago to go to breakfast.
You never called back! :-[

It's all good, Stud. Keep in touch. 8)
The grass isn't always greener.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #68 on: August 19, 2011, 08:02:53 AM »
Thanks for the.concern pappy. I had a full rotator repair done july 7th. Just started physical therapy last week.  Needless to say after not moving my arm sine June 12th its really sore. Knee is still not trustworthy but I can usually walk without much of a limp.  It's doing well enough to coach my 6 year olds flag football team but its taken awhile to learn to throw lefthanded. All estimates are i might be fully recovered around christmas. I should have about 85% of its original abilities. Still not sure if ill ever become as avid of a rider as I was but I can tell you I've never missed doing anything more. Everyone stay safe out there and remember to avoid those mental breaks.
I'm happy to hear things are improving, just remember to take it slow, 'less of course ya like pain!  You could always buy one of them slow bikes, ya know, a V twin with the initials HD ;)
I thought the USMC was the mens department of the Navy?  JK, I hope the decisions YOU make work for you and you return to what is normal for you and your family.  And if you do decide to ride again, let the Army lead the way ;D

Offline Corpssgt

« Reply #69 on: August 19, 2011, 08:26:19 AM »
Pappy your lucky that I had an army person there to look out for.me when that crash happened or I would.dive into my deep resources of fun military insults. It is kinda funny that you asked a marine to let the army lead the way. Must be rough always.being second.lol just one I'm done I promise. Jimmy I got a new number lost all my numbers in the crash. 703-9969 will get me now. I was thinking of maybe going with something like a klr 650 for a little while. They are cheap and the dual purpose seems like a neat idea. I'll still keep in touch here and hopefully one of these days ill grow a pair big.enough to jump back on a concours.

Side note Helga at the house of pain really stepped up the work today. Holy crap I almost peed on her table. Stay safe everyone.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #70 on: August 19, 2011, 09:03:54 AM »
Let em go ;D  I'd like to hear something original ;)  I'll start (laughter's the best medicine) My Ass Rides In Navy Equipment (MARINE)  Why does the Navy take Marines aboard ship during deployment?  Sheep would be too obvious 8)
I worked with Uncle Sams Misguided Childern in APG, even trained several hundred 2111s, so I'd bet one of em fixed your weapons.  I'd never trade the years for anything, If I had to choose which set of instructors to work with it was always the Corps.

Semper Fi and a big HUA!

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #71 on: August 19, 2011, 10:46:54 AM »
Rodger that.
I'm at 5364073. ;)
The grass isn't always greener.

Offline NDCUNIONGUY

« Reply #72 on: August 19, 2011, 11:23:13 AM »
I was thinking of maybe going with something like a klr 650 for a little while. They are cheap and the dual purpose seems like a neat idea. I'll still keep in touch here and hopefully one of these days ill grow a pair big.enough to jump back on a concours.

Fine choice on the KLR.  Toss the stock rubber and slip on a set of IRC GP-110's.  You won't regret it.

Good to hear you are moving along.

I'm sure Pappy meant to give you an "Oorah."

Would that have been a happy ending a Helga's? 

Son of Pappy

« Reply #73 on: August 19, 2011, 11:26:40 AM »
BTW, on the KLR?  Awesome choice and the mods are even cheaper :D  Coupla washers and a drill bit wake her up for about.22 cents.  Shes a tractor on the dirt and just plain fun to ride.  If you get one let me know, I'll help out the best I can.