Author Topic: OTP....  (Read 11253 times)

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
OTP....
« on: February 14, 2015, 11:44:56 PM »
folks, some of you are card carriers of COG, right now you can vote for who goes over the pond, and rep's COG on this year's OTP... donations and votes for who actually goes, is in yer hands... (just to make it clear, non COG members have no vote in this..., but if you are a COG member, in (good) standing, you may be elected to travel.. just mentioning this,,,,
this is an experience I have always wanted, from the day i first understoood what COG was.... maybe this year will be a good one, for me, or another friend of mine...... nahhhh jut for me.. ???

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline Rick Hall

• Administrator
  • Eruption
Re: OTP....
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2015, 11:48:07 PM »
... (just to make it clear, non COG members have no vote in this..., but if you are a COG member, in (good) standing...

Sorry to hear this. So I guess it's not about the people...

Rick

Rick Hall     1994 ZG 1000 "Sam"      xCOG #1914 (CO)
  GfNi H.P.   DOD #2040   1kQSPT 14.16   IBA #3274
    The Kawasaki Concours page at: www.zggtr.org

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2015, 11:10:00 AM »
Over The Pond used to be a 'stand alone' organization but in 2014, it was made part of COG. As I understand it, this was done at the request of those actually running the OTP fund as they wanted some assistance with it and it was a lot of work. COG agreed to take it over. I think all that has happened here is that OTP has been brought under the general COG umbrella, so to speak, to assist it with the day- to- day operation and make it easier to run.

As far as the voting goes, I have no actual knowledge but it would seem to be the result of OTP now being part of COG; to vote, one has to be a member of COG. I believe donations can still be made to OTP without being a member of COG although obviously as OTP is now a part of that organization, any donations would in some way actually be to COG I would think.

Brian

Rick
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2015, 05:42:01 PM »
Over The Pond used to be a 'stand alone' organization but in 2014, it was made part of COG. As I understand it, this was done at the request of those actually running the OTP fund as they wanted some assistance with it and it was a lot of work. COG agreed to take it over. I think all that has happened here is that OTP has been brought under the general COG umbrella, so to speak, to assist it with the day- to- day operation and make it easier to run.

As far as the voting goes, I have no actual knowledge but it would seem to be the result of OTP now being part of COG; to vote, one has to be a member of COG. I believe donations can still be made to OTP without being a member of COG although obviously as OTP is now a part of that organization, any donations would in some way actually be to COG I would think.

Brian

as you note, COG and GTR groups took this in hand, only for the reason that over the past few years the money to be funded to the travelers began to dwindle somewhat. I've always supported this, as the first time I heard of it was a week or so after I moved to Virginia for my companies relo, and my co-engineer at the time was Guy B. Young III, whom got me involved with COG by proxy... his experience related back to me when he returned from the trip made me appreciate the camaraderie of people on two different shores of an ocean, with a common goal... based on a bike.
It is yet to be seen if the decision of COG to back this program (which until this year was totally funded and driven by individuals, and not the org), will grow and bear fruit, or revert. The main purpose of COG's assist is so that people can efficiently make contributions to the OTP "fund", safely online... all of the money pledged will go to the travelers... maybe COG might actually donate some bucks to it if it is a bit "shy" of expectations... wishful thinking, but hey.... in reading what was said, it appears so... Time will tell. I'd hate to see the program end due to lack of participation... I've tried to calculate all the incurred expenses for both a domestic traveler, and a brother from over there coming here... It boggles my mind, and is soo expensive I can't imagine ever doing it in my lifetime on my money...
No matter what transpires, my associations with ALL of the travelers, both here and from across the ocean, have been some of the best reflection on a sort of international common friendship, I am so glad to know / have known, all of these people.... that will never change.

Rick

I know it's a tough nut Rick, and understand it all, and I also am so glad you got to be part of this all, back when it really was just about the people and friendships, and not just the running's of a club, but things evolve, and the de-evolve also

DE-VO... ??? 8) 8) 8) 8)

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2015, 06:27:59 PM »
Yep, I met Hans I, Hans II, Hans III, et. al as well as Frau Hans II last year at the rally and it was a lot of fun. Chuck and I staged that beard shaving thingy and with Ted shaking down the room, I think we raised something like $800 or so (I cannot remember exactly). And Chuck even lived to tell about it :-)

I do not expect to be participating any further but it was and is an interesting cause. Best of luck to you if you get drawn to travel to the east....

Brian

<snip>

No matter what transpires, my associations with ALL of the travelers, both here and from across the ocean, have been some of the best reflection on a sort of international common friendship, I am so glad to know / have known, all of these people.... that will never change.

<snip>

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline COG-528

• Tilting Horizons since 1982
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2015, 05:03:06 PM »
I believe letting it come under the COG umbrella was to improve the exposure to COG members and make it easier to raise funds.  Eligibility was always limited to COG & GCE members.  The idea being that it was supposed to be a reward for those that had done the most for their respective club over the years.  Rick Hall at one time did a lot for COG and thus got to be a traveler. 

Being that people have short memories, the people selected are usually ones that have the highest current profile and not the longest history of doing things for their club.  If you are not an officer or extremely active on the forums your chance of being selected is not good.  That is not a complaint just a fact of life.  Being that the GTR forum is shut down and the GCE list server appears to be dormant (or I've been unsubscribed) I don't see how they handle it on that side of the pond.
Mike Aldea, COG-528   Hawthorne, NJ  

Touring broadens horizons . . . Sports Touring tilts them!

Offline COG-528

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2015, 06:26:14 PM »
Here are the currently posted standards for voting from reply 48 in the COG forum thread "Over the Pond XIII/2015" Discussions.  Note the polls are not yet open but you can start planning your strategy if you would like to vote.
And NOW;;; Requirements for Voting
  1) Current COG Members are entitled to 1 Vote.
  2) An Associate Member {of a Current COG Member} is entitled to 1 vote.
       (Harry, that means if they are a Member and an Associate Member they have 2 votes {Total})
  3) Significant Others {That are NOT Associate members}, can vote 1 time.
       BUT  {before Voting} a $10 (Minimum) Donation must be made to "Over the Pond" by that person.
  4) (COG) Forum Subscribers (with a minimum of 20 posts) can vote 1 time.
       BUT  {before Voting} a $10 (Minimum) Donation must be made to "Over the Pond" by that person.
  5) Non Members can vote 1 time.
       BUT  {before Voting} a $15 (Minimum) Donation must be made to "Over the Pond" by that person.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2015, 09:39:43 AM »
Hey, that is great- you can buy votes.... I would not have thought of that myself.

Now let me see where I left my wallet....  :rotflmao:

Brian

Here are the currently posted standards for voting from reply 48 in the COG forum thread "Over the Pond XIII/2015" Discussions.  Note the polls are not yet open but you can start planning your strategy if you would like to vote.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2015, 10:18:05 AM »
Is that a Chicago based organization?   ::)
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2015, 10:46:17 AM »
Is that a Chicago based organization?   ::)
Only if the dead can cast multiple votes.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2015, 11:08:55 AM »
Only if the dead can cast multiple votes.

With enough money almost anything is possible....
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline Chris Baum

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2015, 10:13:08 PM »
COG Nation,

Let me introduce myself a little to the membership and supports who are going to the vote for this year's "OTP". I have been a long time supporter of the "OTP"!!!  I have helped many of the GTR-EU riders as they have traveled to the USA to attend the COG National Rally over the years.  One of my goals is share my home, family and our common love for riding motorcycles with our GTR-EU friends. We have open up our home and have invited our GTR-EU riders to be part of our extended family while staying with us.  We have developed lifetime friendships and my two small kids often ask when are the next motorcycle riders going to visit. It has become part of our family tradition to host "OTP" riders whenever possible.  Maybe, one day I will get the chance to travel "over the pond" and see my EU friends and have a chance to ride in their home lands and get to meet their families!!

Chris Baum
COG Number:      COG #3088
Bike:         1986 Kawasaki Concours

Lincoln, Nebraska

Years in COG:     17 years and counting

National Office-Positions COG:   None yet

Events Put on for COG:   
2006 National Rally in Hill City, SD  (Rally Director)
2003 Kawasaki Plant tour in Lincoln, NE
2001 Kawasaki Plant tour in Lincoln, NE

COG Projects:   
Currently planning a COG rally in Nebraska similar to the “Two Bit Rally” hosted by Randy Bishop in Colorado. 
Planning with the Nebraska AAD to host a Nebraska, Iowa and Kansas event this the fall.
Planning for future National Rally in the next 2-3 years

Other COG work:   
National Rally Volunteer  (2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2014)
Hosted Several COG members at our home over the years as they criss-cross the US.
Hosted:  David “Davo” Jones from Australia on his Coast-to-Coast Ride 2009
2012 Nebraska “OTP” BBQ at my home.
2012 “OTP” Baseball Minor League Baseball Night
2014 Nebraska “OTP” BBQ at my home.
2014 “OTP” Baseball Minor League Baseball Night

OTP participation:   
2007 Lodging Host   (Patrick de Maqueville)
2009 Lodging Host   (Wolfram Tege)
2012 Host and Guide (Bernd Neumann and Gie Lambier)
2012 “OTP” Donor Bike
2014 Host and Guide (Richard Reinker and Walter Jung)
2015 Riders of Kawasaki Magazine Article published about “OTP”
2004-15 Contributed to the “OTP” Traveler Donation Fund

COG National Rally Attendance:
1999 – “National 99 – Wisconsin
2000 – Continental Drift  (Participated in all 3 locations, Utah-Arkansas-Virgina)
2001 – “The Odyssey” Oregon
2002 – “Colorado, Canyons, & the Concours – Colrado
2005 – “Cascade Connection” – Washington
2006 – “High Plains Drifter” – South Dakota
2008 – “COG @ 10,000” – Colorado
2010 – “Follow the Alphabet Roads” – Wisconsin
2012 – “The No Bad Roads Rally” – Arkansas
2014 – “Silverdammit COG 25th Anniversary” - Tennessee

Other Riding Information:
Iron Butt Association (IBA):  #7474   SS-1000
2008 “Two Bit Rally” Runner Up 1st Time Division – Colorado
2005 BC 50/50 sponsored by David Marrow ride in British Columbia, Canada participant rider.
Have road my 1986 Concours in 33 different states so far.
2000 COG National Rally Continental Drift: One of approximately only 20 riders to participate in all three locations during this rally.

Thank you for letting me have a chance to share my passion for the "OTP" and my love of riding motorcycles!

If you would like to vote below is where you can cast your vote for this years "OTP" riders.

How to Vote:

Send a Note to; Dave Scott   OtP Jr Slave Labor/Vote-Bean "Counter"
               Address;  COGOTPVoting@yahoo.com
                    Title;  OtP Vote Note.

When a member votes; "include you name/COG Number".
  When a member "and" an Associate member Vote; "Include Both Names/COG Numbers".
  If Significant others, Forum Subscribers, or Non-members vote: "Include your name, date/amount you Donated"

Votes (without names/information),,, will not be counted!

Requirements for Voting
  1) Current COG/GCE Members are entitled to 1 Vote.
  2) An Associate Member {of a Current COG/GCE Member} is entitled to 1 vote.
  3) Significant Others {That are NOT Associate members}, can vote 1 time.
  4) Forum Subscribers (with a minimum of 20 posts) can vote 1 time.
  5) Non Members can vote 1 time.
       BUT  {before Voting} a $15 (Minimum) Donation must be made to "Over the Pond" by that person.

NOTE: WE want the Winner to be selected by the club Members.
          We allowed Forum Subscribers and Non Members to vote so that friends of the Candidates can assist in
            the selection of the Winner.

BUT: we will be monitoring the votes to ensure that the Winner is selected primarily by COG/GCE Members!
                   If we notice that more votes are coming in from Non Members than Members,,
                        we will do some type of FAIR adjustment.
                   WE do NOT expect this to happen, but I want to bring it up as a per-caution.

Chris Baum - COG #3088 - 1986 Concours
"A Nebraskan Looking for Twisty Roads!!!!"
2006 Co-COG National Rally Director -
"OTP" Host (2007-09-11-14)     IBA #7474

Offline COG-528

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2015, 08:53:58 AM »
Ted says we are supposed to post our responses to the questionaire and talk about ourselves.  In the past in an effort to drum up interest in OtP I wrote a complete drawn out biography of my interest in motorcycles and how it led me to COG.  I suspect a lot of people got tired of reading it so this time I will try to keep things shorter, but no promises.  But if any members actually do want to read that much about me, yah right, :D  they can do so here - Over the Pond XI (2012) Traveler Candidate Biographies

"Over the Pond XIII (2015)" Questionaire
Name:  Michael Aldea
Current COG Number:  528

Current Bike(s): '95 Concours / '06 Yamaha FJR1300

Years with COG:  26 - joined in 1990

Offices/Positions I've held in COG:   
  • NE Area Director 1993-1997
  • Publisher & Editor "COG NE Area News" 1995-2001
  • Concourier Editor - one issue
  • Insurance Communications Officer 2011-2013
COG was a much different organization in those days prior to the Internet and personal email when I was an Area Director.  In those days there was no such thing as an Area Budget.  All area expenses came out of my pocket which I later had to try and get reimbursed for and with a limited club treasury that was always a gamble. ::)  The result was I cut costs anyway I could think of.  I used to layout the newletter using a computer at work but that was adversely effecting my job performance.  I eventually had to buy a PC just so I could do the newsletter at home and then print 290 copies on the Xerox at work after business hours.  Starting in 1996 I did postcards to supplement the NE Area Newsletter because the postage and work of doing 290 copies of the newsletter every two months was killing me.  The one thing about postcards was, although it saved money on postage, it was the same amount of work as the newsletter to stick address labels and stamps on 290 postcards.

Events I've Put on for COG:

• April 1994 - NY-NJ Ride to Deleware Water Gap. 
  • May 1994 - NY-NJ Ride to the Catskills. 
  • February 1995 - Cycle World Int'l Motorcycle Show at the Javit Center, NYC (I got volunteers free entry to the show for helping at the Kawasaki Booth and promoting COG.  I worked two of the three show days.) 
  • March 1995 - Cycle World Int'l Motorcycle Show at the Valley Forge Convention Center, King of Prussia, PA. (I got volunteers free entry to the show for helping at the Kawasaki Booth and promoting COG.  I worked one show day.) 
  • May 1995 - NY-NJ Ride to Deleware Water Gap. 
  • June 1995 - NY-NJ Lunch Rendevous (now called a Ride to Eat) in NW Hills of CT. 
  • February 1996 - Cycle World Int'l Motorcycle Show at the Javit Center, NYC (I got volunteers free entry to the show for helping at the Kawasaki Booth and promoting COG.  I worked all three show days.) 
  • April 1996 - 1st Annual NE "Freeze Your Buns" Rally (This event eventually evolved into the current annual NE "Spring Fling".) 
  • June 1997 - "COG-motion Along The Ocean" National Rally in Canadian Maritimes. 
  • Jan., Feb., March 2009 - NY-NJ Monthly Meet & Greets 
  • April 2009 - NY-NJ Ride to Eat at Pub 199 in Mt Arlington, NJ 
  • September 2010 - NY-NJ "911 Memorial Ride to Eat at Kundlas" in Hamlin, PA. 
  • May 2011 - NY-NJ "Springtime at Kundlas" Ride to Eat in Hamlin, PA. 
  • April 2012 - NY-NJ Meet & Greet at Rhodes North Tavern, Sloatsburg, NY 
  • June 2012 - NY-NJ "Whose your Daddy?  Fat Daddy!" Ride to Eat in Easton, PA. 
  • October 2014 - "Fall Foliage Ride to Eat at Collins Diner" in Canaan, CT. 

COG Rallies I've attended:  ** indicates I was host/rally staff
  • Sept 1990 - "The Concoursvention" 1st COG National Rally in Colorado Springs, CO 
  • July 1992 - NE Regional Rally in Delaware Water Gap, PA 
  • May 1993 - COG Traveling Eastern National Rally in Roanoke, VA & Asheville, NC. 
  • July 1993 - NE Regional Rally in Somerset, PA 
  • Oct. 1993 - "White Mountains Fall Foliage Tour" in Lincoln, NH 
  • May 1994 - COG Eastern/Central National Rally in Eureka Springs, AR 
  • July 1994 - NE Regional "Flood City" Rally in Johnstown, PA 
  • May 1995 - "'94 in '95" Eastern National Rally in Monteagle, TN 
  • July 1995 - NE Area Rally at The Andirons in West Dover, VT 
  • Oct. 1995 - NE Fall Foliage Rally in Lake George, NY 
  • **April 1996 - 1st Annual NE "Freeze Your Buns" Rally in the Catskill Mountains (This event eventually evolved into the current annual NE "Spring Fling".) 
  • May 1996 - NE Area Rally at Black Water Falls State Park in Davis, WV 
  • Sept. 1996 - NE "Its Almost Fall!!!" Rally in Wellsboro, PA. 
  • April 1997 - 2nd Annual NE "Freeze Your Buns" Rally in the Catskill Mountains (This event eventually evolved into the current annual NE "Spring Fling".) 
  • May 1997 - "Crossing the Line" in Carlisle, PA 
  • **June 1997 - "COG-motion Along The Ocean" National Rally in Canadian Maritimes. 
  • July 1997 - "Bluegrass in the Green Mountains" Rally at Mad River Barn in Waitsfield, VT 
  • Sept. 1997 - "White Mountains Fall Foliage Tour" in Lincoln, NH 
  • July 1998 - "Flood City II" Rally in Johnstown, PA 
  • Nov 1998 - "Punkin Chunkin" in Milton, DE 
  • June 1999 - NE "North Meets South" Rally in Hempsted, MD 
  • July 2000 - "Continental Drift, Part 3" Eastern National Rally in Natural Bridge, VA 
  • Aug. 2001 - "Flood City III" Rally in Johnstown, PA 
  • Sept 2001 - SE "Run With the Wolf" Rally at T.W.O. in Suches, GA 
  • July 2004 - "Flood City National Rally in Johnstown, PA 
  • Aug. 2007 - "COG in Canaan" National Rally at Canaan Valley in Davis, WV 
  • July 2009 - NE "Spring Fling" in Natural Bridge, VA 
  • May 2010 - NE "Spring Fling" in Somerset, PA. 
  • Aug. 2010 - NE "Green Mountain" Summer Rally at Mt Snow, VT 
  • **Aug. 2011 - "Green Mountain" National Rally at Mt Snow, VT
  • Sept 2011 - NE Fall Foliage Rally in Lake George, NY 
  • June 2012 - "No Bad Roads" National Rally in Eureka Springs, AR 
  • May 2013 - NE "Spring Fling" in Bedford, PA 
  • June 2013 - NE (WV) "Trans Allegheny Lunatic Asylum & Blizzard Run" in Buckhannon, WV 
Other COG work:
  • T-shirt Sales - 1994 Eastern/Central National Rally in Eureka Springs, AR 
  • Registrar - 1996 "Ride the Rockies" National Rally in Avon, CO (I did the work but did not get to attend the rally.) 
  • Rally Check-In & Registration Team Leader - 2011 "Green Mountain" National Rally at Mt Snow, VT 

My OtP project/participation
  • 2001 - Contributed to bringing over George "Boomer" Garrett, the first unofficial traveler 
  • 2002-2015 - Contributed to OtP Traveler's Fund 
  • 2007 - Guide & Host for Traveler Patrick de Maqueville 
  • 2009 - Guide & Host for Traveler Wolfram Tege 
  • 2011 - Route Planner & Host for Travelers Bernd Neumann & Gie Lambier 
  • 2014 - Route Planner for Travelers Richard Reinke & Walter Jung 

Over the years since being an Area Director, I've volunteered to be an AAD but my Area Director doesn't feel he needs my help in that capacity.  So I occasionally host "Meet & Greets' and "Ride to Eats" like any member can do to support COG.  I hope my history with COG and continuing support for this club and OtP will gain me your vote to be the 2015 OtP Traveller.

COG & OtP is only as good as we all make it.  Lets keep making it great!

« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 02:03:33 AM by COG-528 »

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2015, 10:08:19 AM »
Good plan Chris. Allow members to vote. Allow non- members to vote, provided they pay to do so. And finally, oversee the vote tallies and adjust them as needed to make sure the selection (I would call it an election but that is clearly not the case) is "FAIR".

Seriously, did that sound right to you when you were writing it down? You are going to have a vote but some of the votes may not count depending on who generates the votes and higher authorities will adjust the weight per vote so that the outcome is "FAIR".

I would wish you luck with this but clearly, it is not needed. By the way, any chance you can give us a hint as to who will be winning.... wait, I mean who will be garner the 'most adjusted votes' and win?

Brian

<snip>

BUT: we will be monitoring the votes to ensure that the Winner is selected primarily by COG/GCE Members!
                   If we notice that more votes are coming in from Non Members than Members,,
                        we will do some type of FAIR adjustment.
                   WE do NOT expect this to happen, but I want to bring it up as a per-caution.

Offline Chris Baum

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2015, 10:30:24 PM »
COG Nation,

In case you missed the last ROK Accelerate on-line magazine here is a link for the article I submitted about the 2014 "OTP" riders. Please vote for your favorite rider in this year's version of 2015 "OTP". Thanks for your support!!! You have until April 1st to cast your vote.

http://accelerate.presspublisher.us/issue/issue-1-2015/article/cogotp

Offline COG-528

« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2015, 11:57:55 PM »
I had dinner Saturday night with 2014 OtP Traveler Richard Reinke and his wife Renata.  It was great to finally meet him. 

I missed out on the chance to meet Richard & Walter Jung last year or see returning 2011 OtP Traveler Bernd Neumann again and meet his wife because I could not make it to the National in Johnson City after lossing my job the end of 2013. 

Offline Chris Baum

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2015, 11:15:17 PM »
https://www.flickr.com/photos/131644345@N03/16079292364/
Fierljeppen (Canal Jumping)           

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131644345@N03/16675687426/in/photostream/
Training for OTP 2015 Trip

Hopefully, I will be selected to be this year’s “OTP” participant.  I have been training to try Fierljeppen (Canal Jumping) for this year’s GCE rally in Netherlands.  Fierljeppen is one of the earliest forms of today’s modern Pole Vaulting in Track and Field.  A little personal trivia, I am an Assistant Track Coach at Nebraska Wesleyan University in Lincoln for the past 24 years.  Guess what event I coach pole vault!  I have been working hard to win this year’s OTP.  Please vault (vote) for me☺

Offline COG-528

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2015, 12:00:04 AM »

Fierljeppen (Canal Jumping)           

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131644345@N03/16675687426/in/photostream/
Training for OTP 2015 Trip

Hopefully, I will be selected to be this year’s “OTP” participant.  I have been training to try Fierljeppen (Canal Jumping) for this year’s GCE rally in Netherlands.  Fierljeppen is one of the earliest forms of today’s modern Pole Vaulting in Track and Field.  A little personal trivia, I am an Assistant Track Coach at Nebraska Wesleyan University in Lincoln for the past 24 years.  Guess what event I coach pole vault!  I have been working hard to win this year’s OTP.  Please vault (vote) for me☺
Chris, when you get to be my age you may find, like I have, that taking a little blue pill will eliminate the need for an extra pole to do Fierljeppen.    YMMV. 

My wife asks that you all please vote for me because she wants a vacation from me and the little blue pills. 
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 06:54:55 PM by COG-528 »

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2015, 03:49:24 AM »
Chris, when you get to be my age you may find, like I have, that taking a little blue pill will eliminate the need for an extra pole to do Fierljeppen.    YMMV. 

My wife asks that you all please vote for me because she wants a vacation from me and the little blue pills. 

What a perfect time to take one of these home then....

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2015, 03:04:56 PM »
Good day group,
As some of you know, I have been hopeful in my search for employment recently, and it is something I have taken seriously at this point.
I have been torn between the OTP nomination, always hoping to go, and the reality that without a job, I can't do it; I did intend to attempt this trip at all costs, but at this point I feel it is only fair to drop myself from the list, and let those other nominees carry forward  at this time.
 I really feel bad about taking so long to respond, but I assure you all it was only because I felt I could accomplish it in a timely manner.
I will also say that the recent "schedule of events" changes (pulling 2 month old posted milepoints in by a full month...a week ago...) had a lot to do with my decision....
I have not heard back from my last interviews yet, and in order to be fair to all of you, I wish to drop myself from the list, in order to allow a better vote for all the rest involved.
 :'(

I'm honored to have been elected, truly honored, and I wish the best to whoever wins the ride.
I'd like to thank those who voted for me, and wish to ask the OTP crew, to contact anyone that placed votes for me up to this point, and allow them the option to make another vote, for one of the existing candidates.
 I also ask that those that wished to vote for me and have not done so while awaiting to see if I could go, place votes for someone other than me.

It truly hurts to have to drop out, and I assure you that if it were financially possible I would have been hot to compete, and also would have done my best to represent the camaraderie and great experiences I have shared over th last 13 years in COG, and share the experience of OTP with this fine group.

I wish the best to the winner, I'll be casting my vote, and donations now, and may the best COG'r win.....  :great: :great: :beerchug:

I can wait another cycle till we send our people over, and hopefully I will be able and willing, and still regarded as worthy when that time comes.... :motonoises: :motonoises: :campfire:

Thank you all,
Rich Riczinger
COG 5977

I think OTP was best served when it was a planned and locked in stone scheduled "side event, not associated or backed by anyone except individual members"; but that's my personal opinion, and I've always, and so have all the other folks, have donated enough that the traveler should have been covered easily.

it's all good, in 2017 my grandson will be old enough to travel and ride with me.... I'll try again, god willing... ;)