Author Topic: Error code 24, speed sensor : SOLVED  (Read 5732 times)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: Error code 24, speed sensor
« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2019, 10:33:44 PM »
We affectionately call that the "5 and Dime" ride, out 5, cross on the ferry at Jamestown

I have done that many times, but my main path is 64 to 5, then the reverse... at least for Mom visits. Otherwise it would tack on another hour.  Tunnel is usually a nightmare, and 64 is boring as hell, or congested as hell, and sometimes slow as hell.  But, overall, it is a LOT faster than going around the Earth to get to 5.  460 is super BORING and just a series of never-ending speed traps in every small town.

Yep, out of the west end of Richmond. I don't do the 5 and dime. I feel it is a boring ride.

You think 5 is boring??  To me, it is only boring if there are too many slow people in front of me...

I don't ride with random large groups anymore.

I never have.  Now THAT would be boring :)  And/or dangerous, too (there are a lot of strange people out there, most of whom seem far less "safe" than I, and far more interested in "impressing" others).  I prefer alone or with 1 other (who I know/trust, AND with whom I have in-helmet communication).

Oh, I had an "FI" error on the way home... first I have had in years.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Rubber_Snake

• Arena
  • 2009 GTR1400 ABS, Black
Re: Error code 24, speed sensor
« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2019, 11:38:30 AM »
Side note (may be interesting or not) but our CHP bikes ALL had speed limiters.  I suspect all or most prior police bikes will too.  The reason was because with the added weight of all the police equipment, the bike became a bit unstable at (now I don’t remember the exact speed) around 145ish.  At those speeds, the bike could and would start a weaving scenario that could be a bit unsettling.  When our instructors were testing the prototype ‘08s, they took it on the interstate and kicked it up.  It started a nasty weave and scared the sh*t outta the rider.  When they brought it back and told the Kaw/Dealer reps, they said something like “Oh yeah, we forgot to mention that... The finished bikes will have a speed limiter.” 

This should be a warning to people who put a top case on the rack and stuff the cases with a lot of weight.  Adding a passenger could make things worse.  Just something to be aware of.  I had a lot of weight in my top case and side cases and never experienced anything like this.  (I never hit 140+ though). Of course, who would go 140+ loaded with gear and a passenger on the back?  I hope nobody...

Note:  At the time, I don’t believe the bike was actually ever sanctioned for police work by Kawasaki, as a private dealer had bid the bike against BMW and HD, but that’s another story...
2009 GTR 1400 ABS, 48k miles, AMSOIL synthetic 10W-40 (since new), AMSOIL synthetic 75W-90 final drive (since new). Helibar Horizons, Oxford heated grips, V-Stream windscreen, Mountain Runner Flash, Brian’s low fuel eliminator farkle, ST2 smart brake module and smart turn system, Two Brothers Black Series M5 w/P1X decibel killer.