Author Topic: Thinking about trading off the Connie...  (Read 46507 times)

Offline twowheeladdict

Thinking about trading off the Connie...
« on: April 15, 2015, 11:45:02 AM »
My wife would like me to get down to 5 bikes.  I have been seriously thinking about what one bike would replace two I currently have. 

I could replace the Voyager and Concours with a Goldwing.  Have the comfort she requires, and still have the smooth power the connie provides.  The only color Goldwings I like are black or some other dark color. 

I could replace the Versys and Concours with a Adventure Touring bike like the KTM adventure or Super Tenere or Tiger Explorer. 

The Moto Guzzi, and KT250 trials bikes aren't going anywhere.  If I got rid of the Versys, I would want to keep the KLX250 for the extensive gravel roads and shortcuts near my house. 

That leaves the Mean Streak, Voyager, Concours, and Versys to shrink down to 2 bikes. 

I could replace the Voyager and Mean Streak with an Indian or Victory to retain the 2 up touring capability and cool factor.

Then that would leave replacing the Concours and Versys with an adventure touring bike. 

If I replaced the Concours and Voyager with a Wing, I don't know what would replace the Mean Streak and Versys.  I would still want a cruiser style bike so maybe replace the Mean Streak and KLX with an Indian Dark Horse.

Mmm.  What a dilemma. 

Who am I kidding.  I will probably just add another bike to the stable and park two bikes close enough together to throw one cover over two.  :)
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline RBX QB

Re: Thinking about trading off the Connie...
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2015, 12:37:04 PM »
First World problems...  ;D

2011 Concours 14 ABS
2̶0̶0̶6̶ ̶D̶u̶c̶a̶t̶i̶ ̶M̶o̶n̶s̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶S̶2̶R̶D̶  SOLD

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2015, 12:57:27 PM »
What a fantastic problem to have!

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2015, 02:11:03 PM »
If the goose and the kt are definitely out of the discussion then you are already at the five bike goal. No problem.

Offline rodgard

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2015, 05:22:52 PM »
Indian Dark Horse!!!!!!!!!

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2015, 05:36:01 PM »
My wife would like me to get down to 5 bikes.  I have been seriously thinking about what one bike would replace two I currently have. 

I could replace the Voyager and Concours with a Goldwing.  Have the comfort she requires, and still have the smooth power the connie provides.  The only color Goldwings I like are black or some other dark color. 

I could replace the Versys and Concours with a Adventure Touring bike like the KTM adventure or Super Tenere or Tiger Explorer. 

The Moto Guzzi, and KT250 trials bikes aren't going anywhere.  If I got rid of the Versys, I would want to keep the KLX250 for the extensive gravel roads and shortcuts near my house. 

That leaves the Mean Streak, Voyager, Concours, and Versys to shrink down to 2 bikes. 

I could replace the Voyager and Mean Streak with an Indian or Victory to retain the 2 up touring capability and cool factor.

Then that would leave replacing the Concours and Versys with an adventure touring bike. 

If I replaced the Concours and Voyager with a Wing, I don't know what would replace the Mean Streak and Versys.  I would still want a cruiser style bike so maybe replace the Mean Streak and KLX with an Indian Dark Horse.

Mmm.  What a dilemma. 

Who am I kidding.  I will probably just add another bike to the stable and park two bikes close enough together to throw one cover over two.  :)

^^^^win win
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Jrodizzle07

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2015, 07:06:16 PM »
Lol, get another wife! HAHA Just kidding!! That's a tough call though, all great bikes in their own way... If I absolutely had to though, I think I would go the Goldwing route as well...
Jarrod
Boone NC
2012 Concours, 2000 Vmax, 2003 XT225

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2015, 07:37:13 PM »
Lol, get another wife! HAHA Just kidding!! That's a tough call though, all great bikes in their own way... If I absolutely had to though, I think I would go the Goldwing route as well...

Took me 36 years to get her to this point.   ;)

She has no control over what I do.  She just feels the addiction is getting a little out of control. 
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline Jrodizzle07

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2015, 07:41:05 PM »
Admittance is the first step to recovery...
Jarrod
Boone NC

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2015, 08:53:55 PM »
  She just feels the addiction is getting a little out of control. 

Everything in excess, moderation is for monks.
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline Jrodizzle07

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2015, 09:05:26 PM »
'Merica!
Jarrod
Boone NC

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2015, 05:48:57 AM »
Admittance is the first step to recovery...

If I owned one corvette, or "king ranch" F250, no one would even give it a second thought.  But, more than a couple bikes and everyone thinks I have a problem.   :o

Even the lady at the DMV was like, "Why so many bikes?  You can only ride one at a time." to which I replied. "The real question is, why so many plates since I can only ride one at a time."  ::)  That shut her up. 
My Concours Travels:

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2015, 06:13:29 AM »
do the following mental exercise: imagine you sell them all, except those 2 you want to keep. Then try to fill the 3 empty spots in your garage. What would you get?
Don't think about what you have, really, just forget it. Think what would you get.
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2015, 09:34:41 AM »
Martin, mind games will not be tolerated here.. ;)
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2015, 10:36:16 AM »
do the following mental exercise: imagine you sell them all, except those 2 you want to keep. Then try to fill the 3 empty spots in your garage. What would you get?
Don't think about what you have, really, just forget it. Think what would you get.

Super Tenere ES loaded for camping and touring, Indian Dark Horse, and Ducati Scrambler.

Of course I don't have the $$ to make that kind of change all at once, and none of those bikes are in the used market yet.

I don't really like the looks of the ST, but it fits me the best ergonomically out of the adventure touring choices with driveshaft.  Of course that would mean no bike to ride my wife around on, but the reality is that she hasn't ridden with me since my sister and BIL were hit head on last summer. 
My Concours Travels:

Offline wally_games

• Arena
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2015, 11:37:57 AM »
I have the unfortunate problem of being restricted to only one bike. I made the change a year ago from the Concours to a BMW 1200GS. I miss the Connie sometimes, but the Beemer is pretty nice.
My other option would have been to exchange the wife for the Beemer and keep the Connie, but she does have advantages that NO bike can offer.  ;)
'14 BMW 1200 GSw (red, what little there is that's not grey)
'11 Concours ABS (black) w/ Leo Vince carbon, heated Corbin, Garmin; TechSpec pads (gone but not forgotten)
'05 Yamaha FZ6, only crashed once, gone in trade; '87 Honda Gold Wing Aspencade, sold; '85 Honda Magna (700), sold; '76 Kawasaki KZ400, sold

Offline Jrodizzle07

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2015, 12:58:19 PM »
Lol you can get a farkle for that
Jarrod
Boone NC

Offline Broz

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2015, 05:53:10 PM »
I think I will need to ride each one for a day or two before I weigh in on the matter......since I'm not riding 2 up I don't see the G'wing fitting my needs. 
Semper Fi
Broz
2012 C-14.  Black

Offline texrider

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2015, 07:22:10 PM »
I'd lose the Voyager and Mean Streak. Then buy another toy.  8)
2014 Valkyrie

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2015, 07:42:11 PM »
Definitely lose the Voyager..
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.