Author Topic: What are you watching?  (Read 304130 times)

Offline Conrad

Re: What are you watching?
« Reply #140 on: September 24, 2014, 04:49:23 AM »
What I have seen of Highlander is really good.

Outlander or Highlander?
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #141 on: September 24, 2014, 05:13:45 AM »
Toyota has a show?
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #142 on: September 24, 2014, 05:36:35 AM »
On a related note, just heard that Inspector Lewis has been picked up for another season.  Kevin Whately and Laurence Fox will be back but our Sgt. Hathaway will now be an inspector (change of series name, perhaps?).  Inspector Lewis will be brought out of retirement to be Hathaway's sidekick.  Interesting turn of events, eh?  You can bet I'll be watching this series when it hits the airwaves over here.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline freebird6

• In a big country...
« Reply #143 on: September 24, 2014, 02:59:23 PM »
Read the books so Outlander is a treat. Oldest son is playing pro basketball in Scotland. Hope to get over there and rent a Kawi  while he is there.

Chicago Fire and Chicago PD are back. Shay died.  :-[

Sophia Bush is stunning

2008 Concours
2007 Mean Streak
99 r1100rt

Son of Pappy

« Reply #144 on: September 24, 2014, 03:09:17 PM »

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #145 on: September 24, 2014, 03:25:32 PM »
Probably about 15 minutes into Gotham.  One of the actors played an a-hole US Marshall on SOA.  He may be type cast as he seems to be playing another bad LEO on this show.  Gordon is just a new detective starting out.  I think I'm going to keep recording it for awhile and see what happens.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #146 on: September 24, 2014, 03:35:21 PM »
Probably about 15 minutes into Gotham.  One of the actors played an a-hole US Marshall on SOA.  He may be type cast as he seems to be playing another bad LEO on this show.  Gordon is just a new detective starting out.  I think I'm going to keep recording it for awhile and see what happens.

We recorded it and watched it last night, wasn't impressed... I'll give it one more episode to get better, if not, then prob cancel the series recording.  :-\

Jada looked hot as usual though.  ;)

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #147 on: September 24, 2014, 07:57:25 PM »
Ken Burns 'The Roosevelt's....'. Excellent. We are now on part 4 I think, the period between 1933 and 1939 which is basically the depression era with a touch of the twist that is going to come for WWII (American involvement first in arming Britain, then direct involvement but that won't be until 1941). I believe this documentary captures the essence of the people and the time. Good stuff IMO.

Brian
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Conrad

« Reply #148 on: September 25, 2014, 05:00:26 AM »

We recorded it and watched it last night, wasn't impressed... I'll give it one more episode to get better, if not, then prob cancel the series recording.  :-\

Jada looked hot as usual though.  ;)

+2 I'll give this show one more chance.

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Mister Tee

« Reply #149 on: September 25, 2014, 08:58:27 AM »
I've been watching episodes of "Bush Pilots" and "Worst Place to be a pilot" on Youtube.  Both are documentaries with minimal staging.  The latter is more interesting - focuses on a small regional airline that specializes in operating out of short mountain airstrips in Indonesia.

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
« Reply #150 on: September 30, 2014, 06:26:34 AM »
Just finished the 2014 6 episode show called "Happy Valley" on NetFlix.  Each episode is 1 hour.  It's a BBC show, the town is so dreary but pretty at the same time.  Reminded me of "Jack Taylor" that ended too soon.  Ended up being a pretty good show but the first episode took a while to get going.
“I can truly say I had rather be at home at Mount Vernon with a friend or two about me, than to be attended at the seat of government by the officers of State and the representatives of every power of Europe.” - George Washington

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #151 on: October 01, 2014, 10:26:32 AM »
Just finished the mini-series "Pillars of the Earth" based on a book by Ken Follet. The book is always better but this show was decent and included pretty much most of the books story within the 3 disc set.

And now just recently I found out me wife enjoys spectacular war movies, "The Longest Day", "Midway", "McCarthur", "Tora, Tora, Tora" just to name the films we've recently watched. Not something most women enjoy.
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #152 on: October 01, 2014, 10:57:10 AM »
Definitely on my favorites list...

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #153 on: October 01, 2014, 11:10:20 AM »
What I should say is that she enjoys war movies, I just found this out when I got "The Longest Day" to watch myself last June and she saw a part of it and asked about it. Now we'll watch and she'll want a commentary about vehicles, weapons, tactics, history, people, translations from German to English from me, I do what I can, but she enjoys it all. Westerns too, same thing. I'm not complaining. Just different from what you usually hear or experience.
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
« Reply #154 on: October 01, 2014, 11:14:19 AM »
Watched "Born Free" last night.  Haven't seen it in many years.
“I can truly say I had rather be at home at Mount Vernon with a friend or two about me, than to be attended at the seat of government by the officers of State and the representatives of every power of Europe.” - George Washington

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #155 on: October 01, 2014, 12:09:06 PM »
What I should say is that she enjoys war movies, I just found this out when I got "The Longest Day" to watch myself last June and she saw a part of it and asked about it. Now we'll watch and she'll want a commentary about vehicles, weapons, tactics, history, people, translations from German to English from me, I do what I can, but she enjoys it all. Westerns too, same thing. I'm not complaining. Just different from what you usually hear or experience.

I went through the Patton Museum in Kentucky a few weeks ago.  Decided to watch Patton (the movie) and will be getting a biography to explore further.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #156 on: October 02, 2014, 04:38:17 AM »
Gotham now is out.    :thumbdown

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #157 on: October 02, 2014, 05:15:02 AM »
I stopped watching Sleepy Hollow...  Haven may be next...

American Horror starts Oct 8.  Will be watching that.  Supernatural is starting up again and I definitely will be watching Grimm.

Offline jettawreck

« Reply #158 on: October 02, 2014, 05:26:30 AM »
HLN with Robin Meade.
I don't remember anything she says, but for some reason I feel a need to keep abreast of the "news" stories.
This street bike thing is all new to me.
Snowmobiles-I have a bunch of those.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #159 on: October 02, 2014, 05:29:04 AM »
HLN with Robin Meade.
I don't remember anything she says, but for some reason I feel a need to keep abreast of the "news" stories.

:P