Author Topic: What are you watching?  (Read 303024 times)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: What are you watching?
« Reply #920 on: July 01, 2017, 02:30:37 PM »
[American Horror Story]Well, as one- half of all the doctor jokes on the planet start.... I have good news and bad news. The good news is that you watched an OK series..... but you already knew that. The bad news is that IMO, it is a very sharply pitched ride down from there; season 2 is a big drop in quality,

I just finished watching season 2 (asylum).  I actually think it is a bit better than season 1 in many ways.  Enjoyed it and it had a nicer ending too.  Although the alien thing is a bit odd and doesn't quite fit.

season 3 is a bigger drop than season 2 was and so on. By season 3 the true 'horror' is sitting down and trying to choke that series down. All in my opinion of course.

I will cross my fingers...
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #921 on: July 01, 2017, 06:50:47 PM »
You made me go look.... yeah, maybe S2 did not fall down the entire flight of stairs. Had to refresh my memory, it was the asylum one. It did not really work for me, and as I said it continued downhill until we stopped watching it mid- season a couple of years ago.

Hey, all personal opinion so different views are expected, none wrong IMO.

Brian

I just finished watching season 2 (asylum).  I actually think it is a bit better than season 1 in many ways.  Enjoyed it and it had a nicer ending too.  Although the alien thing is a bit odd and doesn't quite fit.

I will cross my fingers...
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #922 on: July 03, 2017, 06:21:00 AM »
Season 6 Game of Thrones.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
« Reply #923 on: July 03, 2017, 08:19:37 AM »
boy oh boy did I enjoy the season finale of Season 10 (in the new era, Season 26 if you count the original era) Doctor Who, roll on the Christmas special :)
--
space reserved for humourous sig file

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #924 on: July 03, 2017, 09:32:08 AM »
I haven't watched that  yet....still on the DVR.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #925 on: July 03, 2017, 10:14:51 AM »
You made me go look.... yeah, maybe S2 did not fall down the entire flight of stairs. Had to refresh my memory, it was the asylum one. It did not really work for me, and as I said it continued downhill until we stopped watching it mid- season a couple of years ago.

Hey, all personal opinion so different views are expected, none wrong IMO.

I am about a third into season 3 (Coven) and it isn't doing all that much for me... so I can tell it is going down-hill.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #926 on: July 03, 2017, 10:54:36 AM »
Life is too short.   Don't watch it anymore.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #927 on: July 03, 2017, 04:59:57 PM »
Just started watching Highway to Heaven on Netflix.   Didn't watch it while it was live, though.   Don't know why now...  It debuted in 1984.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #928 on: July 03, 2017, 05:46:06 PM »
Life is too short.   Don't watch it anymore.

Too late.  All done.  Not terrible, but not great.  I give it a C+.

Offline Hooligan

• never assume, get the facts
« Reply #929 on: July 05, 2017, 11:25:38 PM »
I started watching The Blacklist Season 1 last week. Got hooked and started binge watching. Now on episode 17 of season 2

It is what it is....If not, it must be something else.
2012 K1600GT
2009 ZX14

Offline Conrad

« Reply #930 on: July 06, 2017, 03:32:22 AM »
I started watching The Blacklist Season 1 last week. Got hooked and started binge watching. Now on episode 17 of season 2

We used to watch The Blacklist. It started out pretty well and then it got really stupid and that was that. Nothing to see here, move along.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #931 on: July 06, 2017, 07:12:59 AM »
I never got past the first half hour of the first season.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #932 on: July 06, 2017, 07:56:50 AM »
Yeah, we did also. The very first season was not bad but as you said, it slipped and fell down. I had enough although my wife continued to watch it for a while. Then they had a spin- off that lasted about 10 minutes and was cancelled- we did not even start to watch that one.

Brian

We used to watch The Blacklist. It started out pretty well and then it got really stupid and that was that. Nothing to see here, move along.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #933 on: July 06, 2017, 09:35:50 AM »
Sadly I stayed with Blacklist, and it has not improved. However it's also not the worst show on TV and is still mildly entertaining. I can watch it while I make dinner and such. I was shocked to see it was renewed for 2018.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #934 on: July 07, 2017, 07:46:55 AM »
A film I didn't even know existed, "Jack Reacher-Never Go Back". I don't care for Tom Cruise, especially playing Jack Reacher, and I stopped reading Lee Child after reading an interview he did but this is actually a solid "B" film.
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #935 on: July 07, 2017, 09:17:18 AM »
Watched "No Escape" with Owen Wilson and Pierce Brosnan last night on Netflix. Solid thriller/action flick. I really enjoyed it.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #936 on: July 07, 2017, 03:17:15 PM »
A film I didn't even know existed, "Jack Reacher-Never Go Back". I don't care for Tom Cruise, especially playing Jack Reacher, and I stopped reading Lee Child after reading an interview he did but this is actually a solid "B" film.

Tom Cruise is crazy, but I don't think there is a single film he has been in I didn't really like.  My 5 favorites of his, are, in order:

Interview with the Vampire
Oblivion
Vanilla Sky
Top Gun
Mission Impossible (first one)

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #937 on: July 07, 2017, 03:27:13 PM »
Tom Cruise is crazy, but I don't think there is a single film he has been in I didn't really like.  My 5 favorites of his, are, in order:

Oblivion
Vanilla Sky
Top Gun

I think "The Last Samurai" is his best.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #938 on: July 07, 2017, 03:44:31 PM »
I think "The Last Samurai" is his best.

Yeah, that was good too, but I like the others better.  And although old/dated, I prefer Shogun!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sh%C5%8Dgun_(miniseries)

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #939 on: July 07, 2017, 05:21:33 PM »
I liked Interview with the Vampire and Oblivion also.

The thing about Oblivion that I thought was excellent was the reasonable / realistic seeming special effects of the flying devices, and the cinematography; it had a lot of really bright, sharp imagery I thought.

I did not see it (I do not normally watch the show) but apparently there was an episode of South Park where someone stated that Morgan Freeman's job in any / all of his movies was to explain the movie to the viewer. That was all I could think of in Oblivion when along comes Morgan Freeman and explains to Tom Cruise (but really to us, the studio audience) was was really happening, who everyone really was (not going to give that away for those who have not see it) and how they really had gotten to that point in the movie. I had to laugh out loud because it is true..... Morgan Freeman is always around, narrating or as a character, explaining everything.  ;D

Brian

Oblivion
Vanilla Sky
Top Gun