Author Topic: What are you watching?  (Read 303375 times)

Offline Rhino

• Arena
Re: What are you watching?
« Reply #1140 on: November 27, 2017, 10:43:16 AM »
Watched "Star Trek Discovery" series. Heard it was bad but I found it entertaining. If you were a fan of TNG or ST Voyager, I think you will also find it entertaining.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1141 on: November 28, 2017, 03:42:32 AM »
Watched "Star Trek Discovery" series. Heard it was bad but I found it entertaining. If you were a fan of TNG or ST Voyager, I think you will also find it entertaining.

How are you watching? I wanted to check this series out but I'm not going to sub$cribe to CBS All Access just to see it.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #1142 on: November 28, 2017, 06:24:50 AM »
Hmmmm. This could be interesting......

Brian

How are you watching? I wanted to check this series out but I'm not going to sub$cribe to CBS All Access just to see it.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #1143 on: November 28, 2017, 07:04:43 AM »

Well I cheat a bit. I subscribe to Netflix and my daughter had Comcast cable that includes CBS. I use her credentials for the CBS app on Apple TV and she uses my Netflix credentials  on her Apple TV. I don't have all access so I have to suffer commercials. Seems CBS is mostly watched by old farts like me and therefor sponsored by pharmaceutical companies. Apparently I should be taking 20 or 30 different meds for every ailment known to man.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1144 on: November 29, 2017, 04:10:04 AM »
Well I cheat a bit. I subscribe to Netflix and my daughter had Comcast cable that includes CBS. I use her credentials for the CBS app on Apple TV and she uses my Netflix credentials  on her Apple TV. I don't have all access so I have to suffer commercials. Seems CBS is mostly watched by old farts like me and therefor sponsored by pharmaceutical companies. Apparently I should be taking 20 or 30 different meds for every ailment known to man.

I was doing something like this and it worked fine, for a while. Right before CBS started this all access crap Comcast made some changes and my old way of 'skirting the system' would no longer work.

Oh well, I still have way more stuff to watch then I would ever have time for.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #1145 on: November 29, 2017, 04:16:15 AM »
Don't miss out on the back braces and catheters.

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
« Reply #1146 on: November 29, 2017, 05:54:27 AM »

Just started watching this on Netflix.

Leaving aside the usual problem of the technology being "better" than it should be given it's set 10 years before James Kirks missions it's highly enjoyable and the Klingons looking different again (ok I know , I know its down to TV production standards and its not real life) I'm quite enjoying it.
--
space reserved for humourous sig file

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #1147 on: November 29, 2017, 06:00:07 AM »
Just started watching this on Netflix.

Leaving aside the usual problem of the technology being "better" than it should be given it's set 10 years before James Kirks missions it's highly enjoyable and the Klingons looking different again (ok I know , I know its down to TV production standards and its not real life) I'm quite enjoying it.

It's on Netflix?

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #1148 on: November 29, 2017, 06:31:16 AM »
Maybe Netflix in the UK?  I do not see it listed here (US).

Brian

It's on Netflix?
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
« Reply #1149 on: November 29, 2017, 06:45:11 AM »
It's on Netflix?

Yup and down as a Netflix original program
--

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
« Reply #1150 on: November 29, 2017, 06:48:19 AM »
Maybe this explains it:

CBS Studios International licensed the series to Bell Media for broadcast in Canada, and to Netflix for another 188 countries. In Canada, the premiere was broadcast on September 24, 2017, on both the CTV Television Network and on the specialty channels Space (English) and Z (French) before being streamed on CraveTV, with subsequent episodes just broadcast or streamed through Space, Z, and CraveTV. In the other countries, Netflix will release each episode of the series for streaming within 24 hours of its U.S. debut. This agreement also saw Bell and Netflix acquire all previous Star Trek series to stream in their entirety.

Maybe Netflix in the UK?  I do not see it listed here (US).

Brian
--

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #1151 on: November 29, 2017, 06:53:03 AM »
Yeah, we are seeing a lot of both new production entities or mixes (PBS / BBC, etc.) and quite a few new ways of delivery. It seems that CBS caught on to the fact that the world will not tolerate long delays in release times anymore; shows such as Downton Abbey were shown in the UK something like nine months before release in the US on PBS, but a lot of people in the US watched the show w/in days or even hours of it being aired in the UK.

Brian

Maybe this explains it:

CBS Studios International licensed the series to Bell Media for broadcast in Canada, and to Netflix for another 188 countries. In Canada, the premiere was broadcast on September 24, 2017, on both the CTV Television Network and on the specialty channels Space (English) and Z (French) before being streamed on CraveTV, with subsequent episodes just broadcast or streamed through Space, Z, and CraveTV. In the other countries, Netflix will release each episode of the series for streaming within 24 hours of its U.S. debut. This agreement also saw Bell and Netflix acquire all previous Star Trek series to stream in their entirety.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #1152 on: November 29, 2017, 03:03:39 PM »
Just finished watching the new version of Cosmos. Not too bad, a little preachy but I liked it overall.

I was never a fan of Neil deGrasse Tyson (sp?) and so did not watch it when it was new. But after watching the entire series, and then reading a little about the man, I am warming up to him. Of course he is not Carl Sagan but then again, that guy was pretty special I think; a quirky, nerdy guy with a huge interest in everything and the desire to pass along that wonder to others. And he knew he was a bit quirky and nerdy, which made it pretty palatable and never took any attitude that I could see, he was neither arrogant or retiring, he simply delivered. Mr. Tyson is actually very much like Mr. Sagan was without the quirks and that is almost unfortunate. But still, Mr. Tyson did do a great job as host, I think, again not taking any attitude or slant, just presenting what he too see as a wondrous place to live (the Cosmos).

So I think this new version is pretty good.

Brian

Offline willmore89

« Reply #1153 on: December 14, 2017, 08:23:40 AM »
On some whim embarked on James Bond series (again!)

But it's still one of my favourite movies, from beginning to end. Just I'm not a big fan of Craig though, but the sceneries compensate that part for me :D
https://tranio.com/spain/adt/1294890/
after that I'm thinking to rewatch the Star Wars and be in time to see the Last Jedi in theatres
I do a thing called what I want

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #1154 on: December 14, 2017, 12:32:39 PM »
The Crown season 2. If you liked season 1 you'll like season 2. I'm guessing the show is produced with support (either official or unofficial) from the Crown because it is very favorable to the Queen. On specific incidents that are a matter of public record it does seem to be fairly accurate. I'm learning about 20th century British history.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1155 on: December 14, 2017, 01:30:23 PM »
Knightfall on the History Channel.  Not sure I'm liking it yet.  Not enough sword swinging (easy boys) for me....yet.  I do like what they wear, though.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #1156 on: December 15, 2017, 11:03:03 AM »
Funny you mention it showing the Queen in a favorable light; while I found that to be absolutely true for Season 1, I found Season 2 a showed them in a LOT harsher light. And it highlights some pretty poor behavior of some members of the Queen's family and never does actually resolve or explain that behavior; it just sort of addresses it and trails off.

We liked Season 2 also though. And it does seem pretty accurate regarding tying into to actual historical events that are well documented, although of course I have no idea about the inner workings of the family and so forth. But as far as I can tell, the series does correctly represent the general interaction of the royal family with world events, going strictly by memory here.

Brian

The Crown season 2. If you liked season 1 you'll like season 2. I'm guessing the show is produced with support (either official or unofficial) from the Crown because it is very favorable to the Queen. On specific incidents that are a matter of public record it does seem to be fairly accurate. I'm learning about 20th century British history.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #1157 on: December 16, 2017, 02:37:23 PM »
MAN...

https://open.spotify.com/album/6wYaQIKrmGmO22F5a8p2vB

so most folks know I sing 'da blues... but one of my favorite bands is SKYNYRD.. always has been, since I was a kid....
I sing extremely loud, acapella.. while riding my mower with ear muffs on... and my neighbors ask me where my "next gig" is... what a hoot..  but when I ask if i was singing poorly, they just shook their heads, and said no.. it's better than the mower...

sure better than a leaf blower.. my pet peeve...

so, with the big screen, and as much "amp" power I have right now... ( not enough.... to power my Eviction Series RTR's)

watching and singing... oh man... Curtis Lowe...

AXS TV special "Lynyrd Skynyrd: One more for the fans..."

star studded ensemble, and all great tributes....
man...

on now, and again at 1:30 a.m.

youboob is selling it....

https://youtu.be/Dna6tV9tKv4

man,
Warren Haynes just makes it look soooo simple.. it ain't, and I know...

“Lynyrd Skynyrd – One More For The Fans” Track Listing:

Whiskey Rock A Roller – performed by Randy Houser
You Got That Right – performed by Robert Randolph & Jimmy Hall
Saturday Night Special – performed by Aaron Lewis
Workin’ For MCA – performed by Blackberry Smoke
Don’t Ask Me No Questions – performed by O.A.R.
Gimme Back My Bullets – performed by Cheap Trick
The Ballad of Curtis Loew – performed by moe. & John Hiatt
Simple Man – performed by Gov’t Mule
That Smell – performed by Warren Haynes
 Four Walls of Raiford – performed by Jamey Johnson
 I Know A Little – performed by Jason Isbell
 Call Me The Breeze – performed by Peter Frampton
 What’s Your Name – performed by Trace Adkins
 Down South Jukin’ – performed by Charlie Daniels & Donnie Van Zant
 Gimme Three Steps – performed by Alabama
 Tuesday’s Gone – performed by Gregg Allman
 Travelin’ Man – performed by Lynyrd Skynyrd With Johnny and Ronnie – Ronnie on big screen
 Free Bird – performed by Lynyrd Skynyrd
 Sweet Home Alabama – performed by Lynyrd Skynyrd and the entire line-up

freeby
http://www.loudandproudrecords.com/releases/one-more-for-the-fans/

« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 04:13:16 PM by MAN OF BLUES »

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #1158 on: December 18, 2017, 06:31:47 AM »
while I found that to be absolutely true for Season 1, I found Season 2 a showed them in a LOT harsher light.

Agree completely. And yes hard on the family but not so much on the queen herself.

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
« Reply #1159 on: December 18, 2017, 12:13:59 PM »
Just in case anyones expecting a little tribute to Carrie Fisher after the credits for The Last Jedi there isn't.

I stayed and waited so you don't have too :)
--