Author Topic: Milwaukee to Omaha.  (Read 1995 times)

Offline Tele130

Milwaukee to Omaha.
« on: June 28, 2011, 06:17:35 AM »
To start. I will be updating this post as the trip continues. I'll add pic's once I get back to Milwaukee.  I left Milwaukee Monday morning with my iPhone locked on the weather radar. Some pretty nasty thunderstorm cell went through Nebraska and Iowa Sunday evening and were headed my way. Now I don't mind riding in the rain, however,  high winds' hail and lightning just aren't my bag. As it turned out, I was able to skirt between cells and rode under some very nasty looking cloud cover. My oldest daughter was hired by Semens in Denmark so she was making her first stateside visit since moving there last November. For the first time in a long time I wasn't under the gun to hurry up Anne bust butt to get somewhere............man was that nice. I decided not to "slab" it there so I took I-94 west through Madison and picked p HWY 151 south through Debuque IA. From there I hooked up with HWY 30 west to I-35 south outside of Marshelltown and then I-80 the rest if the way. In Dizzy Moines I meet up with "SNARF" aka Chris. If you haven't had the pleasure to meet this guy, you really need to!  We meet at a truck stop outside DES Moines. And of course he was riding the Orange Crush  ;D. We drank tea, talked for about an hour (well really, I talked and he listened). He's one of those guys that would give you the shirt off his back and not think twice about it. I really was great to meet you Chris!!!!!!  I rolled into Omaha around 8:30 last night without a hitch. A little tired and another 541 miles on the clock. Sorry if this is a little scattered, I have to post this using my phone...........over breakfast at Perkins. Taking the grand kids to the zoo this morning. I'll get some good pics. More to follow.
Does this mean we get a "Re-Do" on life too?

Doug Colton
2006 Concours............nice ride!!!!!

Offline snarf

• Arena
Re: Milwaukee to Omaha.
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 07:51:10 AM »
Are you sure you dont have me confused with somebody else?  My wife says that I am a horrible listener.  Maybe if she would tell me stories about funny cars and fast bikes I would listen more  :chugbeer: :thumbs: :hail: It was a pleasure meeting with you Doug.  And the shirt thing; well that all depends on what shirt I have on that day  :o.
I was glad to help you out with some of your route questions.  It is ALWAYS nice to meet coggers from other areas.

I can also say the same about you.  You are a very nice 'old' man  ::) (you had to be there).
Folks, this guy keeps his bike his bike immaculate.  As his report says; its been raining like crazy in Iowa the last two weeks or so.  The 'spirit' looked like a dirty crappy bike next to his. Geez now I have to detail her this weekend...Thanks Doug.
2002 Conc
1986 Conc "The spirit of COG"

"We did not become the men that we are because we were Sailors, soldiers or cops; we became Sailors, soldiers and cops because of the men we are."

Offline Tele130

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 08:14:54 AM »
She's your wife. She's supposed to say things like that.  :rotflmao:  the old man thing?  Yea, we'll kept that on the QT ;-). Sorry I called your Connie the Orange Crush. She really is beautiful.........dirt and all  ;D. My Connie is the only thing I have that the kids CAN'T touch :cannon: so it stays kinda nice.  :rotflmao:It is new ya know. Give me another year and well see if she still looks good ;-). Yea, I grew up going fast. But now it's time to slow down and really enjoy life. One of those "Been ther, Done that" kinda thing. I'm coming back through on Thursday mid morning. Give me a call if that cough gets worse.
Does this mean we get a "Re-Do" on life too?

Doug Colton
2006 Concours............nice ride!!!!!

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 08:47:14 AM »
She's your wife. She's supposed to say things like that.  :rotflmao:  the old man thing?  Yea, we'll kept that on the QT ;-). Sorry I called your Connie the Orange Crush. She really is beautiful.........dirt and all  ;D. My Connie is the only thing I have that the kids CAN'T touch :cannon: so it stays kinda nice.  :rotflmao:It is new ya know. Give me another year and well see if she still looks good ;-). Yea, I grew up going fast. But now it's time to slow down and really enjoy life. One of those "Been ther, Done that" kinda thing. I'm coming back through on Thursday mid morning. Give me a call if that cough gets worse.
I hear the pollen count is supposed to be way up on Thursday...cough cough sneeze
2002 Conc
1986 Conc "The spirit of COG"

"We did not become the men that we are because we were Sailors, soldiers or cops; we became Sailors, soldiers and cops because of the men we are."