Author Topic: Harrassed, verbally abused and refused entry into Canada at Falls! Pt 1  (Read 10527 times)

Offline koval68

This is a riot!  :rotflmao:
http://gl1800riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=284825

This clown is actually very entertaining.Read his posts in this thread to the end."That's it,i have nothing else to say.........AND ANOTHER THING!!!
http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39130
Tom"Killer"Kowalski   COG#9263  Newmarket,Ontario
"Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need,  but not every man's greed."
- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.

you find that funny?
it's exactly why I cannot go up to see my Twin brother From Another mother...HOGBOY..
and Likely why he can't come see me.... :'( :(

It's disgusting, and dispicable...
I went thru a similar incident almost 30 years ago...pre 911, and will share shortly...
it ain't funny, and hopefully you are never subject to this behavior at a border crossing.

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline JetJock

• 2010 Concours in wicked fast BLUE
http://gl1800riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=284825

This clown is actually very entertaining.Read his posts in this thread to the end."That's it,i have nothing else to say.........AND ANOTHER THING!!!
http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39130

Don't. See. The. Humor.

Nothing funny here. And if this is how your country treats people as obviously non-threatening as this couple, then it's off my list for any road trips.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
OK, I went off line to compose this
I believe it was back in 91'...when it happened.
I had travelled extensivly in Canada my whole life, both with my parents as a child,going to our cabin to fish and vacation, and as an adult, to hunt, assist in guided hunts, and enjoy.
Never again.
Planned for a whole year, to take a friend to Shining Tree, way up north, wayyyyyyyyy up there, to bear hunt and assist as a guide. Planning was meticulous, and we planned to stay almost a month, so MUCH gear was needed.
All needed customs papers had been gone over, every firarm, camera, scope, anything "Canada deems saleable" had been documented, and pre-submitted for both of us.....this is a real envolved process, going to our U.S customs office with lots of guns and stuff, having each one examined, recorded and papers for each in order... it takes days.

After packing and protecting everything from the weather in the bed of my new truck, a 6 hour ordeal, we left, and travelled to cross the Peace Bridge....arriving right about 12:01 a.m., on Friday night trek.....upon approach, there were 4 lanes at the canadian crossing point, with about 10 cars each, and all of a sudden a "green light" came on in a new lane, we rolled right up. Sweet.
Having cleared the U.S. side with a very respectful and thourough document sweep, we were told all we needed to do was to present our paperwork, so have it handy.

there has been mention about female border agents....???
we rolled up on one with a tude.
2 Bubba's, wearing NRA hats was all it took,
WARNING: DO NOT ATTEMPT TO CROSS THE BORDER WEARING AN NRA HAT..
 the convo want kinda like this:

Agent: where are you coming from?
Bubba#1 (me): xxxxx, Ohio, U.S.A.
Agent: where are you going and what is the purpose of your travel?
Bubba#1: Shining Tree lodge, Shining Tree Ontario, for a 3 week bear hunt, would you like to see our customs papers for our firearms ma'm?
Agent: are you carrying any produce, liquer,citrus fruit, tobacco, firearms, or prohibited items?
Bubba#1: yes, 1/2 gallon of liquer per person, sealed; 2 cartons of cigarettes each, sealed, no produce, no citrus, no prohibited items, would you like to see our customs papers for our firearms ma'm?
BIOTCH: what kinds of Firearms?
Bubba#1: Here is the list ma'm, it's all right here...
Biotch: I asked you what kind of firearms..sir, I didn't ask you for paperwork...
Bubba#1:
1 compound bow, with sights,24 arrows, with broadhead tips, in a locked case.
1 .30-06 remington semi-automatic rifle, 4 magazines
1 7mm Remington magnum BSA bolt action rifle, with scope.
1 Marlin .30-30 lever action rifle, no scope
1 12 gauge Winchester pump action shotgun
1 12 gauge....
biotch: are you transporting any ammunition?
Bubba#1:  yes, I have papers right...
biotch: what kind of ammunition?
Bubba#1: excuse me, do you mean what Brand? Or what?
Bitch: what kind of ammunition?
Bubba#1: ammunition for every firearm I began telling you about, and it's listed here on these notorized forms that were stamped by U.S. customs 4 minutes ago.....
superBiotch: ummmm hmmmmm.... and what about you mister?.....hey, I'm talking to you...
BUBBA#2: me?, you talking to me?, just want to make sure .....
biotch: yes, you, I don't see anyone else in the truck....
BUBBA#2: Excuse me, (spits big goober of Mail Pouch into pop can he is holding) Yes ma'm, what would you like?

Agent: where are you coming from?
Bubba#2 Mikey: xxxxx, Ohio, U.S.A.
Agent: where are you going and what is the purpose of your travel?
Bubba#1: Shining Tree lodge, Shining Tree Ontario, for a 3 week bear hunt, same place as the man driving this truck, would you like to see our customs papers for our firearms ma'm?
Agent: are you carrying any produce, liquer,citrus fruit, tobacco, firearms, or prohibited items?
Bubba#1: yes, 1/2 gallon of liquer per person, sealed; 2 cartons of cigarettes each, sealed, no produce, no citrus, no prohibited items, would you like to see our customs papers for our firearms ma'm?
BIOTCH: what kinds of Firearms?
Bubba#1: Here is the list ma'm, it's all right here...
Biotch: I asked you what kind of firearms..mister, I didn't ask you for paperwork...
BUBBA#2: I hear you, and understand, just trying to help effeciently in your line of questioning, here's the list (handing me his papers), I have packed in locked storage cases the following guns;
1 marlin lever action rifle, .....

Biotch: Pull over there, where that man is standing. do not exit the vehical until told to.

Bubba#1 & Bubba #2:  ok, thanks......

Contraband examination post parking lot...
Agent #2: exit the vehical, place your hands on your head, and walk to the rear of the vehical. NOW.
Bubbas: sure thing.
Agent: leave the doors open fully and keys in the ignition....
(generic ball feeling and pat down ensues, with the normal result...pocket knives on each, both legal 2 " blades... no foul yet boys)
Agent#2: I am going to search this vehical for contrband items, is there anything to declare ???

Bubbas: we have legally customs documented firearms, and ammunition, in locked cases here in the bed of the truck, would you like to examine them, and see our papers????
Agent: sure, after I search the truck, unlock the cases, and get them all out. (proceds to rifle thru the inside of the cab, not a fibre untouched...... before walking back to us complying with his orders)

Agent#2: Whats this? (holding up a leather case, containing a set of Bruce Lee signature "Game of Death" Nanchucks....) (removing them and dangling them now on his middle finger by the cord)
These are illeagle here in Canada, no different than a concealed handgun... you'll be surrendering these to the Queen!!!
Bubba#1: well that's pretty rediculous, but whatever...  do you have any intention of examining all these firearms here we've laid out for you? It's raining, and I really hate to have them getting wet...

AgentAhole: I'll have someone look at them, right now we are going inside, you will be surrendering these to The Queen, and recieve paperwork noting the infraction, come with me.
Bubba#1: fine. (as I began to leave I looked at Bubba#2, and motioned to close the truck door, I grabbed the keys, and slammed the doors, following the Douchbag inside...we waited about 15 minutes while a team of "trained experts" ripped every item contained in the bed of the truck, bagged and waterproofed for our trip, and double wrapped in 20 x 20 poly tarps, out of it's packed condition, ansd strewn into a 20 foot square area, in the rain......before completing the paper work to "surrender my nanchucks to The Queen"...
Agentdoofus: (upon surrendering) you are free to continue on your trip now, is there anything you have to say now that we have completed our "investigation"???
Bubba#1: may I speak freely, or will I suffer repurcssions from the Queen for voicing my opinions about our treatment here?
DouchbagAgaent: you may say whatever you want, it makes no difference now.
Bubba#1: that's good.....when The Queen gets my nanchucks, tell her to shove one in.........and make sure you are there to work the string for her....you idiot.

We re-packed the truck, and continued our expedition, scoring nicely on bear, and both vowed never to spend another american dollar in The Queen's Domain....haven't since, proll'y never will again.

BUBBAS....GOTTA LOVE US YANKS...... ;D

Offline koval68

you find that funny?
.....and hopefully you are never subject to this behavior at a border crossing.
I too, am subject to what some would say is rude behavior, harassment,etc.,every time I cross the border (on both sides,btw.).
Except, I don't see it that way.....Borders around the world will never be the same. Their job is much more than making someone feel loved and appreciated... ::) Two years ago on one of our road trips, one of my friends was refused entry into USA, because of his own attitude. A background check revealed previous conviction for assault(high school fight...). He too, answered their question with one of his own.
This guy would have had a terrible crossing ANYWHERE in the world (I really hope he never travels through Tel Aviv's International Airport...for his own sake...), because of his own attitude and poor judgement. He has a lot of rants on various forums on various topics, always full of self entitlement.
I understand that this topic might be difficult and painful to some, based on their own personal experiences...
Please accept my apologies if I offended you in any way. I really mean it!

And yes! I do find that story funny.

"Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need,  but not every man's greed."
- Mahatma Gandhi

Bob

Your a terrible person Tom!  ;D   ::)  8)

The problem with forums is that the people reading can't see the expression on your face or the tone of your voice. So a lot of things are taken totally different than the way you meant it. It happens to me all the time!  ;D
 I see your point about the world changing. But I will say that it is unnecessary to be as rude as some of them are. Both US and Canadian. And the females seemed to have been the worst for me also. Didn't we just have this conversation in Wellsboro?

YoDoc

And yes! I do find that story funny.

I find it funny, too. I've crossed a few borders, some needed passports, some didn't. It doesn't matter where you are, or who you are, you are bound to have a bad crossing at some point, it's just unfortunate if it's your first, or if you decide to make it your last.

When I deployed to Iraq the first time around, in late 06, we flew out of Reagan Intl for a few logistical reasons. We were in uniform, had all our gear, and were all carrying rifles. I'm a medic, I had a pistol. I was told I had to check my pistol, because there were no procedures in place to allow passengers to fly with a pistol. Everybody else just had to remove the bolt from their rifles and put it in a pocket.

Point is, there are always stupid people somewhere, and a few of them work for the gov't.

Offline MizzouMike

• Arena
  • How do you remove the rain magnet on this thing?
OK,  Now I am a little concerned.

i am planning on travelling to Canada (Niagara Falls in fact).  Over the July Holiday Weekend (Canada Day eh...)  I am flying into Buffalo, and traveling in a rental car.

I had already contacted my insurance company to make sure my insurace woudl be valid, and I am not going to bring any contraband, and since I will be flying, no pocket knives either (carry on only).

I havn't cross the canadia border in over 10 years (pre 9-11), but I had never had any 'issues' before.

Should I be worried?
NEKansas  AMA#273766, COG#8862, IBA#44917
2000 Concours 2001 KLR, 2013 HD Ultra Classic

Offline BruceR

• Arena
Hey Mike, I got married in the park at Niagara on the US side 6 years ago, we stayed on the Canada side the whole time up there.  Crossed several times to meet friends who lived just South of Buffalo.  No troulbles whatsoever.
We are also going up there over the 4th of July, and plan to definitely go to Canada jsut to have lunch in Niagara by the Lake, and sample the wineries along the way.  I doubt a normal sightseeing trip would pose any problems whatsoever.

Offline Boonedawg

• Arena
    • Jet Associates East
I duck hunt in Canada almost every week of November and most of December we cross at the Ambassador Bridge in Detroit, the agents are EXCELLENT.  We are courteous, have our papers in order and cross with the attitude that we are visitors of their country...OH CANADA....a big plus, coming back we each hit duty free buy 3 or 4 bottles each every week (awesome Xmas gifts "Merry Christmas here's a bottle of Captain Morgan Private Stock or Crown Royal Reserve", the tax is so small we have never been asked to pay --which we would do without question. 

Offline koval68

Your a terrible person Tom!  ;D   ::)  8)

The problem with forums is that the people reading can't see the expression on your face or the tone of your voice. So a lot of things are taken totally different than the way you meant it. It happens to me all the time!  ;D
 I see your point about the world changing. But I will say that it is unnecessary to be as rude as some of them are. Both US and Canadian. And the females seemed to have been the worst for me also. Didn't we just have this conversation in Wellsboro?
Indeed, we did. ;D
Please remind me the next time we ride together to tell you a story of how I almost got shot by New York State Trooper... :rotflmao:

OK,  Now I am a little concerned.
Should I be worried?
Nothing to worry about.....some will probably disagree..... ::)
Remember that they are just doing their job screening thousands of people crossing the border and all they want from you is to answer few simple questions.....
- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
I will say having flown in (pre 911) multiple times, and re-routed to various provinces carrying a large arsenal (again, hunting arms), i really never had much other than normally expected "scrutiny" and luggage inspections, with no real outward social problems...likely it was due to being in an airport with people all within earshot of any activities that were going on. I think that the "problem" trip was all to be laid upon the agent we encountered, a sincere Witch with an attitude, who probably says to hereself at the beginning of each shift "I'm going to rip the first person thru my gate a new bunghole tonight".. It was easy to see that even 2 nuns in a VW beetle would have been cavity searched that night...
In our defense, even though she was being intesively anal, we still kept our tongues, and it took quite a lot to get one of us flustered enough to make a grimace....
I have to think with todays issues it is even tougher to deal with, mind you our experiences were 20+ years ago, when things were supposidly much "kinder and gentler" times.... ;D

I went and read all the restrictions and happenstance that can cause border issues currently....wow, some of it has gotten pretty petty for reasons not to be able to "enjoy the falls", and even not admitting you spent the night in jail when you were 18 years old, before that agent was likely even born, can net you a visit in the "Queens Hotel"....crazy.

Offline Boomer343

MOB let me tell you of a US border incident....had all the papers to take an open trailer load of estate items to my sister in laws in Idaho. First trip had gone without a hitch at the border. Second trip the super attitude agent pulled us over and has us come in. He was going through the manuals, other agents asked what he was looking for and told him if the papers were in order that we were good to go.....he didn't believe them. Put a call into somewhere and while he awaited reply had us go outside and unload the trailer. Dining room set wrapped against the elements, unwrap every piece and put to one side, unwrap other items, put to one side, unload trunk separate personal and estate items. Checks off against list we had and photos of the items in the home of the deceased. Still waiting for phone call.....can we rewrap and reload items on trailer, no.

Wait some more, senior agent comes out, what's up....he says all should be OK, super agent has already gone over his head....we wait.....ringy dingy and guess what we are ok. He now considers calling Washington DC......senior agent calls him into office....we wait.

Finally a different agent comes back with our paperwork, good to go he says. Thank you I said. A trucker on his way in stopped to help me load a larger piece back on the trailer.

But for real attitude you should fly into LAX from the Mexican Baja.....

So what....some of lifes little treasures and I've been treated equally as well coming back into Canada.....yes I want to declare $1800 in motorcycle parts.....park over there.....why are these receipts up to 8 months old...well you see I have things shipped to my sister in laws place .....take everything out.....

So how about all the times we've been back and forth and had no such problems. Or the time we got pulled in by a male agent at the drive through window and then went through things with a female agent who basically told us the guy was a butt head and to just go and she would deal with him.....

Considering the volume of border traffic and the pressures put upon the border staff I'd say overall they have a job I wouldn't be interested in.

YoDoc

On a completely different note, when I flew into Milan-Malpensa Airport in Italy in, oh... 2003, I think... My tickets didn't match the actual flight I was exiting, and when the agent asked me something in (English?) Italian, I said, What?

He stamped my passport and said, "Go. Just go. And don't drink too much. You will get robbed."

YoDoc

I gotta say... I read the post on the BMW forum. Most of the thread, anyway.

It's people like that who are ruining polite society. I want to personally apologize for not knowing who or where this guy is and not having thrown tomatoes or booed at him recently.

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
..... I havn't cross the canadia border in over 10 years (pre 9-11), but I had never had any 'issues' before.

Should I be worried?

No.... Generally it is EZ thing; half a dozen times in the last couple of years with no issue.
Tony P. Crochet
(SOLD) 01 Concours Winner of COG Most Modified in 2010

valkmc

I grew up in upstate NY less than 2 hours from the border. I have crossed it so many times I cannot count them. Yes there are some jerks who process you but most are just working people who are doing a job. With all the people they see I bet they have to deal with lots of jerks. I got hassled one time and it was my fault It was around 1977 and my buddy and I went in to Canada to get some quality brew. We were 18 and both had hair down to the middle of our backs. We also were driving a 1969 Rambler. We had a few brews in Canada and bought several cases of 6.2% Braduor. We tried to cross back around 2:30 am. When the gentlemen asked us why we were in Canada my buddy says because you got the best beer and strip joints. They proceeded to take out everything from our car including the seats etc, they found illegal fireworks and several cases of beer over the limit. After giving us a hard time, saying they were going to strip search us etc, and scaring the crap out of us they sent us on our way with the fireworks and beer, The legal age was 18 back then. I will be going through Canada on my way to Alaska this summer I do not anticipate any problems.

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
Lets see if  walk over the the Stbd side of the Barge I'm in Canada and then if I walk to the Port side of the Barge I'm back in the States; nope no problems crossing the border here.....  ;)

Sorry could not help myself!  ;D
Tony P. Crochet
(SOLD) 01 Concours Winner of COG Most Modified in 2010

Offline jbailey

I live in western New York and work in Buffalo.  I have NEVER had any problem.  If you show up with an attitude or carrying contraband, which is clearly listed online if anyone takes the time to check, you probably will get a more thorough inspection.  They don't have to let anybody into their country.  Your USA "rights" don't travel with you.

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_1082.html

Bob

The funny part is once you get past the border. The people I have met in Canada were probably the most genuinely friendly people I've met! Well at least on the New Brunswick, NS side of the country!  ;D