Author Topic: Rifle windshield installation problems.  (Read 2143 times)

Offline Outback_Jon

• Arena
Rifle windshield installation problems.
« on: May 25, 2012, 02:51:09 PM »
OK, so I got a Rifle base from Cap'n Bob, and a screen for it from Murph.

But there seems to be a problem.  The base doesn't fit nicely onto my fairing.  The depression for the vent hits the dashboard plastic, right where the single screw that holds the very front of the dashboard to the fairing is.  Removing the screw improves things, but there is still interference.

It looks like I could chop some of the front of the dashboard piece off and make things fit, but I didn't expect to have to do that.  Has anyone else run into this issue?  Was there a change in the Rifle bases at some point?  Is it the later style dashboard that is the problem?
"Outback Jon" Gould *** South Cairo, NY *** COG #9506 *** 2006 C10 "Blueline" *** CDA #0157

Offline Outback_Jon

• Arena
Re: Rifle windshield installation problems.
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2012, 05:04:00 PM »
Seems Camper Dave had the same issue over at the other forum.  So I've got a solution.
"Outback Jon" Gould *** South Cairo, NY *** COG #9506 *** 2006 C10 "Blueline" *** CDA #0157

Offline Lodogg2221

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 04:54:45 PM »
Glad you got it figured out! 
I like my Rifle, but I need to figure out the washers/bolts.  Might have them too tight as I have spidering on my outer/upper two bolts on my GL1200 screen.

Gonna go look for larger washers to put on it too, while Im at it.  Could be the extra stress from bending it slightly, but I dont like it....
Say what?

Offline Outback_Jon

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2012, 09:41:44 PM »
There was just a Rifle base up on Ebay.  That base definitely has a smaller "scoop" area than the base that I have.  So I guess there was a change at some point in Rifle's manufacturing.