Author Topic: You can call me Shorty  (Read 7923 times)

Offline TallyRex

Re: You can call me Shorty
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2013, 02:55:20 PM »
Congrats !!!

I'll be retiring on Jan 4 since I have to work one day in 2014 to receive my employer's contribution to the company's retirement plan.  I'm still taking it one day at a time at work and trying not to get "lame duck-itis" 

Offline Ron Dawg

• Arena
  • a/k/a ron203
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2013, 03:45:31 PM »
Congrats !!!

I'll be retiring on Jan 4 since I have to work one day in 2014 to receive my employer's contribution to the company's retirement plan.  I'm still taking it one day at a time at work and trying not to get "lame duck-itis"

I gotta read a little closer, I thought you said, 'lame duck-****." :o
2014 C-14 Red

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2013, 06:08:37 PM »
 :rotflmao:
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2013, 08:08:34 PM »
I gotta read a little closer, I thought you said, 'lame duck-****." :o

They flap whatev they've got to get the beads...  ;)

Offline Conrad

« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2013, 06:39:23 AM »
Congrats !!!

Thanks TR! Too late for me and the lame duck itis, or ****, whatever. I find myself caring less and less about my job now. Don't worry though, even with me caring less I still do more than what's required. I do have my high standards to keep up with don't cha know?

Oh, and congrats to you as well sir!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 01:10:00 PM by Conrad »
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Conrad

« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2013, 12:40:50 PM »
90 working days left.    ;D

I've been doing this particular job in this department for 25 years. I am the only one who has held this position and my department is just now starting to realize that they are going to be in a serious jam when I leave. Do I care? Maybe a little, maybe not.  ;) 

They can always ask me to come back after I retire but, damn, I'm expensive! 

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2013, 03:38:37 PM »
Shorty.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2013, 03:55:26 PM »

Offline Conrad

« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2013, 04:39:28 AM »

Son of Pappy

« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2013, 10:41:40 AM »
Double digit midget ;D

Been "retired" since 2002, retired for real since 2011, meaning I choose when and where I get paid to play 8)  This weekend I chose to go to the Hoh Rainforest Rally, even bringing along the SO 8)

Mega congrats Conrad, yes, it is everything you dreamed of, provided of course you live life and refuse to simply "exist".

Offline Conrad

« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2013, 10:55:17 AM »
Double digit midget ;D

Been "retired" since 2002, retired for real since 2011, meaning I choose when and where I get paid to play 8)  This weekend I chose to go to the Hoh Rainforest Rally, even bringing along the SO 8)

Mega congrats Conrad, yes, it is everything you dreamed of, provided of course you live life and refuse to simply "exist".

Double digit midget? I like that!

Thanks C. I have lots of plans for living the rest of my life to the fullest. Simply 'existing' won't do at all.   :)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2013, 12:38:00 PM »
Hey, I just thought of something.  You could come visit me and I'll show you Virginia (the state, not the woman). 
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2013, 01:26:46 PM »
Hey, I just thought of something.  You could come visit me and I'll show you Virginia (the state, not the woman).

Show me both and you gotta deal!    ;)

That's a good idea though, Jim.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2013, 02:42:16 PM »
66 days.    8)

Son of Pappy

« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2013, 06:03:49 PM »
66 days.    8)
Yawn  ;)  Just got done playing in the woods on the GS 8)  Only did 800 miles, half of which was gravel roads at elevation ;D

Wait till the last day of work, feels odd.  The first day of retirement???  Even odder.  You will find out tires don't last as long and far away places seem so much closer :)

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2013, 07:25:51 PM »
Yawn  ;)  Just got done playing in the woods on the GS 8)  Only did 800 miles, half of which was gravel roads at elevation ;D

Wait till the last day of work, feels odd.  The first day of retirement???  Even odder.  You will find out tires don't last as long and far away places seem so much closer :)

I'm so jealous of both you 2 knuckleheads...  >:(

Offline Conrad

« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2013, 04:23:55 AM »

I'm so jealous of both you 2 knuckleheads...  >:(

:)  Since my first day of retirement will be on New Years day, it may be odd in more ways than one.    :chugbeer:

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2013, 10:34:32 AM »
You will find out tires don't last as long and far away places seem so much closer :)

That's a good one! I'm going to use it!

Not near as good, but truthful: The only downside to retirement is that the days go by much faster than they used to.
So make plenty of retirement plans now while at work on someone else's time, because when you retire it's all YOUR time.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2013, 10:48:40 AM »
Thanks Marty, that's good advice.

I still may come back to work here as a 'consultant' after I retire. If I do I'll only work part time, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday only.    :)

Son of Pappy

« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2013, 10:53:07 AM »
Thanks Marty, that's good advice.

I still may come back to work here as a 'consultant' after I retire. If I do I'll only work part time, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday only.    :)
Don't do it ::)  Broken weeks are worse than whole weeks.  Gets in the way of real trips.  As an example, I have an Advanced Street Skills at Pacific Raceways on Monday and Shane Watts Dirtwise Academy Thursday and Friday.  Were it not for these bits of work I could be out riding ;D

Am I a dick or what :-*