Author Topic: Positive experience with First Gear, local leather place not so much  (Read 1925 times)

Offline Uglydog56

• I'd rather be lucky than good.
2 months ago, I took in my 5 year old first gear leather pants to get rezippered.  The side ones kept splitting open when I sat on the bike.  No, they were not too tight, the zippers were just wore out.  I took them to a new place that my fiancee had found, who fiddle-farted around and didn't start messing with them until 2 weeks before I was leaving for my trip.  >:( The owner contacted First Gear who said the zipper pull thing was probably the only thing that was bad and sent the leather place new ones free of charge.  However, the new leather place couldn't get the pulls replaced, and were going to send the pants back to first gear last friday; I was leaving on my trip the following wednesday!  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

So First Gear sent me brand new pants for free so I would have them for my trip; I just had to pay the overnight shipping so I could get the new ones in time to tailor them as required.  They let me keep the old ones and recommended I try a different tailor.  :P I don't know if they have the best stuff or the worst, but customer service goes a very long way for me, plus I've been down hard more than once and never been to a hospital, so there you go.
Rick A. Cone
COG #9186
98 Connie, 76 CB400F

Offline redden68

Re: Positive experience with First Gear, local leather place not so much
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2011, 08:02:31 PM »
Good to hear some positive experience.  Thanks