Author Topic: Gravel Patch  (Read 2314 times)

Offline alexx45

• 2009 Black C14
Gravel Patch
« on: January 09, 2012, 01:14:11 PM »
I'd hoped to get to ride with my brother while he was visiting over the New Years Holiday. Well we did manage to make it out on Monday Jan 2, 2012. We rode from my house to the Battleship Texas which is only about 10 mi away. A nice uneventful short ride, me on my 09 C14 and he on my fiance's 05 Suzuki Bandit. That is until we made it to the parking lot. I stopped in front of a Parking space & planned on backing in. Little did I know there was an evil gravel patch filled with sand & pesky Pea Gravel minions just waiting for me to set my right foot down. My foot hit the ground and slid out. The bike tipped right & before I could get my footing back it had gone too far. All I could do was slow the fall & let it down gently. Right there in front of god my brother & a couple of onlookers. I hadn't ridden with my brother since we were teenagers so the embarassment was extensive. Fortunately the damage to the bike was not. The right mirror was rashed slightly & there was a small scrape on the right saddle bag near the back corner. A little touch-up paint & some buffing should make things right. My ego however..... Now that's another story.
 ;D
Life is good.... At least from my perspective.
2009 Concours 14
2005 Suzuki Bandit

Offline mcclaskeyj

• Adventure...redefined
Re: Gravel Patch
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 08:05:59 AM »
Bummer. Good thing you didn't break anything.

I rode the ferry last time I went through there to see the battleship. I also went up into the big tower with the star on top. Sadly that Connie is no longer with me.

I took this picture:
'83 C70 Honda Passport   '06 Honda Rebel 250
'76 Kawasaki KZ400          '79 Suzuki GS1000L
'04 Kawasaki Ninja 250     '07 C14 ABS  '09 C14 Red                            '08 CRF230L
http://www.bikepics.com/members/mcclaskeyj/