Author Topic: What did you do to your Concours today?  (Read 853526 times)

Offline Conrad

Re: What did you do to your Concours today?
« Reply #220 on: November 04, 2014, 08:41:27 AM »
;D
Like riding a multie coloured pinto. Or you can connect the dots and see what you come up with.
 ;)

Maybe I'll connect the dots with a few more bugs before I wash her!
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #221 on: November 04, 2014, 03:47:09 PM »
Why?  Bugs give a bike character, plus all the pretty colors.

You should see what my screen was like at night when I went through a swarm of lightening bugs...
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #222 on: November 04, 2014, 07:20:48 PM »
You should see what my screen was like at night when I went through a swarm of lightening bugs...

The Concours can certainly use quite a few lightening bugs  :thumbs:  ;)

Offline tomp

« Reply #223 on: November 04, 2014, 07:28:08 PM »
The Concours can certainly use quite a few lightening bugs  :thumbs:  ;)

Had to think about the word a while.  Gotta love the interweb...  Your play on words was great and appropriate...

http://www.elearnenglishlanguage.com/blog/english-mistakes/lightening-vs-lightning/

Living in the Texas Coast...

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #224 on: November 04, 2014, 08:04:15 PM »
Had to think about the word a while.  Gotta love the interweb...  Your play on words was great and appropriate...

http://www.elearnenglishlanguage.com/blog/english-mistakes/lightening-vs-lightning/

:)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #225 on: November 04, 2014, 08:33:54 PM »

:chugbeer: Just goofin' off  :D

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
« Reply #226 on: November 05, 2014, 07:07:42 AM »

and you have no idea how much "fun" it is to learn it as a second language
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #227 on: November 05, 2014, 03:32:59 PM »
Cudos to you for learning English as a 2nd language. Being in Germany your working on your third?

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #228 on: November 05, 2014, 04:28:23 PM »

English is a nightmare language.... but there is worse!   Yet the payback is good.

Offline Bourne2Ride

« Reply #229 on: November 06, 2014, 05:26:24 PM »
Today, I road mine in the rain, and put it up wet! This weekend, I'm prepping it for the Winter slumber.
Save the Connie and Save the world!
- Heroes

Offline Little Joe

• Shoot first, ask questions later!
« Reply #230 on: November 06, 2014, 06:00:37 PM »
Rode mine to work and back home.  At lunch, I took a small trip to Harbor Freight and picked up some Nitrile gloves.
Planning to ride to Cripple Creek and Victor, CO and back on Saturday.

LJ

Offline tomp

« Reply #231 on: November 06, 2014, 06:33:47 PM »
Looked at mine today.  Would love to ride to work, but the roads I have to travel are highly congested and down right sacry during rush hours.  Hopefully a ride on Sunday will happen. Luckily, we can ride all year, so no winter storage required. 

A great weekend to all here.  tomp
Living in the Texas Coast...

Offline 1jeep

« Reply #232 on: November 07, 2014, 05:43:09 AM »
sadly on Wednesday night after my ride home from work I filled her gas tank and parked her for what could be the winter. She will be getting a pipe and cruise while resting during the new England winter in the garage.

Ive already got PMS bad and it is only Friday!

sailor_chic

« Reply #233 on: November 07, 2014, 08:45:22 AM »
sadly on Wednesday night after my ride home from work I filled her gas tank and parked her for what could be the winter. She will be getting a pipe and cruise while resting during the new England winter in the garage.

Ive already got PMS bad and it is only Friday!
Today, I road mine in the rain, and put it up wet! This weekend, I'm prepping it for the Winter slumber.

Im sure its sad having to park them for the extended periods of time. I dont really want to rub it in... but here is Florida, it is PERFECT riding weather!   ;D

sailor_chic

« Reply #234 on: November 07, 2014, 08:52:20 AM »
Yesterday and today I worked on installing my Rivco pegs on my Canyon cages. I had originally purchased the clamps to mount them on the bars, but I wasn't so impressed on how they would look and was concerned with how well they would stay in place. So I fabricated some brackets.

sailor_chic

« Reply #235 on: November 07, 2014, 08:53:54 AM »
More pics

Offline 1jeep

« Reply #236 on: November 07, 2014, 10:00:21 AM »

Im sure its sad having to park them for the extended periods of time. I dont really want to rub it in... but here is Florida, it is PERFECT riding weather!   ;D

Sure rub it in, but I wouldn't trade 8 months on twisty roads for 12 months on flat roads.....sorry. Besides with the heat in july/august in FLA I would have to ride inside with the AC on!

Don't worry I will make it the next few months, its high season for ATV's up here.

BTW...how do you like the canyon cages?

sailor_chic

« Reply #237 on: November 07, 2014, 11:50:50 AM »
Yeah you got me on the curvy road thing.

I had mixed feelings about the Canyon Cages before I even ordered them. I really wanted Top Block bars, but the price scared me away. Unfortunately since I have had the CC on, my bike had been on its side (dont ask how). These cages completely saved the side of my bike. The look of them has since grown on me and I can actually say the I like the looks now. 

Offline Jim H

« Reply #238 on: November 07, 2014, 01:11:10 PM »
nice job on the bars!

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #239 on: November 07, 2014, 01:13:00 PM »