Author Topic: Teressa shows how to "winterize" a C14  (Read 22117 times)

Offline SteveJ.

• Arena
Re: Teressa shows how to "winterize" a C14
« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2012, 07:15:23 PM »

She said of course!  :D

Cool. Question. Is that a user friendly old spout or the new gvnmt spout on that can(gas can ;))?

Y'all swingin' by on the way to The Smackdown? Or meet up at McD's in Interlachen?

BTW, I was down in Fort Myers today and honked the horn. Can you ask her if she heard me down in Napples?  :loco: :loco: :nuts:
Perfection Is A Fantasy, Improvement Is Possible(Margie J)
America's Seaplane City
'99 Conk: 234k mi, '98 KLR650, both gone, '15 Versys 650LT: 74k mi
COG 5603, IBA 19921, CBMMA 50 (Cheap B@st@rds Motorcycle Maintenance Assoc, 18 year member)

Offline freebird6

• In a big country...
« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2012, 06:58:09 PM »
I ride year round here in Hoosier land. Have been for 30 years. Michelen still needs a good snow tire though.

Haha

Must be in SOuthern Indiana. Too much snow up here in Muncie to go all year. Not ready to put her away yet as Turkey Day is looking to be in the 60's. Comfy down to about 36 degrees as long as the sun is up. Deer more of a problem than cold but I will be out as long as the tires will stick to the pavement.
2008 Concours
2007 Mean Streak
99 r1100rt

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2012, 09:15:56 AM »

I put over 1000 miles on my C14 last couple of days, time for Teressa to get the gas jug again heh
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Conrad

« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2012, 09:28:52 AM »
I put over 1000 miles on my C14 last couple of days, time for Teressa to get the gas jug again heh

You must be getting great fuel economy!
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2012, 11:21:51 AM »
You must be getting great fuel economy!

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

devilboy

« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2012, 02:35:58 PM »
You out of staters  dont have a clue what you are missing.  we get to ride  365 days a year. we do have curves  and fun roads
we are just altitudinally  challenged( I know it isnt a real word)... My GPS tells me I am 62 FT above sea level  while parked in my garage. Had a breakfast ride this am to Winterhaven airport and thermometer  said 55 F when kickstands went up @ 8am.
almost 65 on the way home and NOT a cloud in the sky.  On that note I want to wish everyone a safe and joyous Thanksgiving to you and your families...

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #46 on: November 20, 2012, 06:14:16 PM »
You out of staters  dont have a clue what you are missing.  we get to ride  365 days a year. we do have curves  and fun roads
we are just altitudinally  challenged( I know it isnt a real word)... My GPS tells me I am 62 FT above sea level  while parked in my garage. Had a breakfast ride this am to Winterhaven airport and thermometer  said 55 F when kickstands went up @ 8am.
almost 65 on the way home and NOT a cloud in the sky.  On that note I want to wish everyone a safe and joyous Thanksgiving to you and your families...

+1

right on...and those who say we don't have curves have missed out on Daytona, JenningsGP, Homestead-Miami, and Moroso, (and probabaly track days in general).

Although i do go to the mountains during our 3 scorching summer months =)

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2013, 06:40:53 AM »
Its good living in FL  8)

My bike has been winterized yet again using this methodology

Offline BruceR

• Arena
« Reply #48 on: December 30, 2013, 07:11:54 AM »
Maybe PBR will work?
I can't comment on the bike, but PBR makes me backfire something awful.  I get banished to the garage until I'm running with less unpleasant emissions.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2013, 02:25:49 PM »

Offline Charlie747

« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2013, 03:31:26 PM »
"Florida has the best curves in the country"  Looking at Miss Teressa's picture its hard not to agree  :goodpost: :thumbs: :chugbeer: 

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2013, 06:27:55 PM »

I rode in Florida for 13 years.  I thought it had curves too.  Then I moved to Tennessee and had to learn how to ride real curves.   ;D
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2013, 06:30:09 PM »
I rode in Florida for 13 years.  I thought it had curves too.  Then I moved to Tennessee and had to learn how to ride real curves.   ;D

I usually spend the summers in eastern TN/western NC.   At least ride there a lot of the summer at a bare minimum when FL is a scorchin'.  I'll ping you when I'm back up that way.  Also I meet a group twice a year for railin' the twisties up that way  :D

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #53 on: December 31, 2013, 07:10:25 AM »
Cool!  I think my railing days may have come to an end though.  After my dual sport crash, losing a friend to a guardrail, and the numerous deer strikes that have been happening in my area, I am reassessing the level of risk I am willing to incur while riding.  Slowing it down, avoiding dusk to dawn, not purposely riding in the remnants of hurricanes, etc.  My eyes just aren't as discerning as they used to be.  I would be happy to meet up at a non-chain restaurant and share a meal and some stories.
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #54 on: December 31, 2013, 08:09:28 AM »
Cool!  I think my railing days may have come to an end though.  After my dual sport crash, losing a friend to a guardrail, and the numerous deer strikes that have been happening in my area, I am reassessing the level of risk I am willing to incur while riding.  Slowing it down, avoiding dusk to dawn, not purposely riding in the remnants of hurricanes, etc.  My eyes just aren't as discerning as they used to be.  I would be happy to meet up at a non-chain restaurant and share a meal and some stories.

I like the slow scenic touring too, I'll definitely look you up. 

Also there is a friend of mine (who is a Kawasaki USA employee too) in the area, he rides street and dual sport too. Great guy,  I'm overdue riding with him and plan to look him up while there next time as well

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #55 on: December 31, 2013, 12:23:35 PM »
I like the slow scenic touring too, I'll definitely look you up. 

Also there is a friend of mine (who is a Kawasaki USA employee too) in the area, he rides street and dual sport too. Great guy,  I'm overdue riding with him and plan to look him up while there next time as well
Does he have a custom painted Versys?  Met him at a kawi demo day in Nashville.  He now lives near deals gap.
My Concours Travels:

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #56 on: January 01, 2014, 11:01:32 PM »
Does he have a custom painted Versys?  Met him at a kawi demo day in Nashville.  He now lives near deals gap.

Not sure what all is in his stable lately. I bet its the same guy, names Dan, he lives right near there, and he's at every demo event  :D

Offline Classvino

• Longtime Kawi Rider
« Reply #57 on: January 02, 2014, 12:40:39 PM »
...and don't miss all them "POT HOLES"...

It's easier to steer around pot holes than sink holes...  But even then, I'm jealous of a 12 month riding season...

Jamie
2013 C14 - First "new" bike
1983 CB1100F, 1977 GS850, 1974 KH750 H2, 1974 KH500 H1, 1975 KH400 S3, 1979 RD 400 Daytona......

Offline mike-s4

« Reply #58 on: January 03, 2014, 06:59:20 AM »
Its good living in FL  8)

If it's so warm down there, how come she aint' wearing a bikini?

Offline Charlie747

« Reply #59 on: January 03, 2014, 09:48:53 AM »
If it's so warm down there, how come she aint' wearing a bikini?

Good Point  :rotflmao: