Author Topic: Tire Pressure Sensors  (Read 39932 times)

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Re: Tire Pressure Sensors
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2014, 07:20:27 AM »
I hate this, I really do. I can't fish through 20 different threads to try and look for an answer. I've had this bike for 5 years and have never seen this question answered.
Can I just put a standard valve stem in my Connie wheels and do away with all the dash clutter?
Yes.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2014, 07:36:27 AM »
I, personally, would never disable anything that could be considered a safety item for someone else. In today's litigious society, in the event of an accident, the opportunity for a law suit to arise is all but guaranteed.
It's a factory farkle.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2014, 07:51:02 AM »
It's only a factory farkle until the Widow Jones hires Dewey, Screwem, and Howe to represent her her in her suit against the Big, Bad Kawasaki dealer that "altered" her dearly departed husband's motorcycle.

What an individual chooses to do to his or her own motorcycle is one thing, what a dealer does is entirely different
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2014, 08:02:07 AM »
That's exactly right..

I hate this, I really do. I can't fish through 20 different threads to try and look for an answer. I've had this bike for 5 years and have never seen this question answered.
Can I just put a standard valve stem in my Connie wheels and do away with all the dash clutter?

I don't see why not.  The hole is approximately 8mm.  Anything larger won't fit.  Course you could just let the batteries die and continue on.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline jonathan

« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2015, 07:36:10 AM »
Can you get rid of the tire pressure error with a reflash of the ecu. Gonna get the sensors replaced under warranty as soon as the tires are worn out. Bought my new 2013 just in October and the rear has never worked and the front gives a low battery ever time I restart. Thinking about a reflash anyway.

Not necessary. Once the batteries are dead the display disappears completely from the dash.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2018, 04:28:28 PM »
update to add B.D.F.'s 'no tire removal necessary' method for TPMS removal, for battery replacement, if your tires are brand new....

http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=16850.msg206925#msg206925

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2018, 08:17:49 AM »
And in case anyone is wondering, yes, you can replace the sensors with plain ol' rubber valve stems. The dash never gives me crap anymore.
The grass isn't always greener.

Offline lather

• Arena
  • And I think my spaceship knows which way to go...
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2018, 07:05:35 AM »
Not necessary. Once the batteries are dead the display disappears completely from the dash.
I think this is not quite correct. When the batterry is completely dead I think you get --- but no low battery warning.
Nothing worse than having your balls go missing.

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2018, 07:29:56 AM »
When the battery is completely dead I think you get --- but no low battery warning.

As one that has actually run the TPS battery all the way down before finally replacing it, that is correct you get 3 dashes, and no low TPS battery warning.

Offline Freddy

« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2018, 05:53:42 PM »
 :doh:   In the interests of accuracy and precision, you get F -- -- or R -- -- as the case may be.   :chugbeer:
The best substitute for brains is .............what?