Author Topic: Congrats to SpaceX!  (Read 8789 times)

Offline Conrad

Re: Congrats to SpaceX!
« Reply #60 on: February 21, 2018, 02:13:35 PM »
I think people smart enough to drive in space would be smart enough to leave the windows rolled up and the doors closed. Geez Jim.....

Brian

Dude! The Tesla is a roadster. The top is down and the driver is enjoying the (solar) wind.  :)

Besides, he has a space suit on and from what I hear, he doesn't breathe all that much.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #61 on: February 21, 2018, 02:52:39 PM »
Fake news! Fake news! Fake news! Fake news! Fake news! Fake news! Fake news! Fake news! Fake news! Fake news! Fake news! Fake news! Fake news! Fake news! Fake news! Fake news! Fake news! Fake news! Fake news! Fake news! Fake news! Fake news! Fake news! Fake news! Fake news! Fake news! Fake news! Fake news! Fake news! Fake news! Fake news! Fake news! Fake news! Fake news! Fake news! Fake news! Fake news! Fake news! Fake news! Fake news! Fake news! Fake news! Fake news! Fake news! Fake news! Fake news! Fake news! Fake news! Fake news! Fake news! Fake news! Fake news! Fake news! Fake news! Fake news! Fake news! Fake news! Fake news! Fake news! Fake news! Fake news! Fake news! Fake news! Fake news! Fake news! Fake news! Fake news! Fake news! Fake news! Fake news! Fake news! Fake news! Fake news! Fake news! Fake news! Fake news! Fake news! Fake news! Fake news! Fake news! Fake news! Fake news! Fake news! Fake news! Fake news! Fake news! Fake news! Fake news! Fake news! Fake news! Fake news! Fake news! Fake news! Fake news! Fake news!

Brian

Dude! The Tesla is a roadster. The top is down and the driver is enjoying the (solar) wind.  :)

Besides, he has a space suit on and from what I hear, he doesn't breathe all that much.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #62 on: February 21, 2018, 03:00:20 PM »

He gets to see this view:

http://youtu.be/sNUNB6CMnE8

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #63 on: February 21, 2018, 07:19:18 PM »
http://spaceweather.com/
 it is was very dim (about magnitude 19.8)

I suppose it wouldn't have been as interesting for the near Earth photos, but I wonder what it's magnitude would be now if they had painted it all white.

I also wonder if any extra bracing or other reinforcement was required to handle the g- forces so that we wouldn't see pieces of windshield trim, gas cap flipped open, or side mirror dangling, etc. hanging off of the car. I have to believe that the dummies left arm is fairly well fastened down to the top of the door despite it's casual just resting there appearance.

I guess what we are seeing is actually all of  this:

...and not just a car by itself.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #64 on: February 22, 2018, 04:03:48 AM »
I suppose it wouldn't have been as interesting for the near Earth photos, but I wonder what it's magnitude would be now if they had painted it all white.

I also wonder if any extra bracing or other reinforcement was required to handle the g- forces so that we wouldn't see pieces of windshield trim, gas cap flipped open, or side mirror dangling, etc. hanging off of the car. I have to believe that the dummies left arm is fairly well fastened down to the top of the door despite it's casual just resting there appearance.

I guess what we are seeing is actually all of  this:

...and not just a car by itself.

Gas cap?   ;)

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #65 on: February 22, 2018, 05:57:06 AM »
Gas cap?   ;)

:rotflmao: Certainly not! But does the electric plug thingy have a cap?

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #66 on: February 22, 2018, 07:33:56 AM »

Offline Conrad

« Reply #67 on: February 23, 2018, 07:07:28 AM »
:doh: :doh: :doh:

....er charging port.  :-[

That's the ticket!    :)

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #68 on: February 23, 2018, 07:27:49 AM »
Well, that is probably more polite than Haroldo's infamous 'gashole'.

;D

Brian

:doh: :doh: :doh:

....er charging port.  :-[
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Conrad

« Reply #69 on: February 23, 2018, 07:39:21 AM »
Well, that is probably more polite than Haroldo's infamous 'gashole'.

;D

Brian

What would a charging port be called in Haroldo speak? Electron hole? Spark hole? 'Lectric hole?   :)

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #70 on: February 23, 2018, 07:59:53 AM »
Juice hole maybe? Plug hole? Stick receptor?

I miss Haroldo.

Brian

What would a charging port be called in Haroldo speak? Electron hole? Spark hole? 'Lectric hole?   :)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #71 on: February 24, 2018, 05:57:05 AM »
Not to worry, we have Lather and Tree now.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.