Author Topic: June Ride  (Read 3507 times)

Offline ShadowJack

• Weirdo Freak
    • Motorcycle Touring
June Ride
« on: April 15, 2016, 07:47:06 AM »
Planning a ride with my girlfriend on the new bike end of June.

Denver -> Donner Pass -> Yosemite -> Monterey (family lives there) -> PCH -> Redwoods -> Jasper/Banff NP -> Glacier NP -> Bear Tooth Pass -> Medicine Wheel NM -> Denver

About 5,000 miles.

I use Microsoft Streets and Trips for planning purposes, been using it for years. Need a couple of bits before heading out and we'll be taking a couple of day long rides to check out the bike.

Been 2 years since the last long ride, Denver to Virginia to Chicago and back. Last year we went to Ireland, Isle of Man, Scotland.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
Re: June Ride
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2016, 07:55:24 AM »
If you have the opportunity, swing through Jackson Hole. It's worth the trip.
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline ShadowJack

• Weirdo Freak
    • Motorcycle Touring
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2016, 07:58:26 AM »
I agree :) We went through there 2 years back in June. We did a ride up to the Grand Tetons and were planning on heading north but it started snowing as we came over the pass so we headed south instead. Jackson Hole, Salt Lake City, Bryce Canyon, Moab, Million Dollar Highway, and back to Denver. Hot and extremely windy. She hasn't seen the Medicine Wheel yet so I wanted to take her there first. We might head over to Devil's Tower and the Black Hills on the way back. Depends on how long it takes to get there :)

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2016, 09:25:59 AM »
Jackson Hole is nice but my anti-social self prefers less people and riding west side of the Tetons. 32 from Driggs to Ashton, 47 from Aston up and back over to 20. Same awe inspiring views but no traffic. And yes, Bear Tooth is a can't miss ride. Chief Joseph Pass is also excellent. Enjoy! About the same time I will be riding northern NM, AZ, UT and CO. Hoping to find a road I haven't done yet. But no specific route planned and we like to keep it that way  ;)

Offline ShadowJack

• Weirdo Freak
    • Motorcycle Touring
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2016, 09:28:56 AM »
We have the overall route planned but as it's 5,000 miles in 17 days, it should be an easy ride with lots of stops. She wants to stop in Napa Valley for some wine tasting too and I grew up in the San Francisco bay area (Vallejo).

The Donner Pass stop is more of a funny spot as our gaming group had some issues in Donner Pass in game :)

sailor_chic

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2016, 07:39:08 AM »
Your ride sounds interesting. Perhaps we will see each other on the road. I am planning on a trip out west the end of June also. Florida > Denver> Million Dollar Hwy> Then Utah> Yosemite> PCH north to Seattle area. Details not yet established.

Offline ShadowJack

• Weirdo Freak
    • Motorcycle Touring
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2016, 03:27:41 PM »
It's possible although it sounds like you may be chasing us. We will stop for a couple of days in Monterey to visit, maybe caught up then :)

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2016, 10:56:35 AM »
Your ride sounds interesting. Perhaps we will see each other on the road. I am planning on a trip out west the end of June also. Florida > Denver> Million Dollar Hwy> Then Utah> Yosemite> PCH north to Seattle area. Details not yet established.

I'll be on the Million Dollar Hwy and that area sometime the week of July 4. If you see a blue C14 riding with a couple of Valkyries (maybe 3 of them), say hello.